Question | The Mandela Effect...

As for Mandela's "effect" and "simulation work theory", I reject both.

However, if this "effect" is true, then only one reality is possible in my opinion:
A realm of dynamic programming coded by an omnipotent, omniscient, omnipresent, psychopath.

Consequently, we will serve an eternally immortal infinite uncaused being as puppets for all time.

Upvote 0
Maybe our own consciousnesses are doing it, albeit within this highly complex matrix 'program'?

Upvote 0
The question is fairly simple. If the Mandela Effect is real... what does it mean for the place we exist in. What kind of realm do wn?

Perhaps this realm is Ethernet-like and we are tethered to a 'something' outside of this realm's five senses of perception. Scientists see a spark at conception. That could be the link to the perception rod. Perhaps frequency waves pass over/by 'us' and we perceive them. Time waves included.
Perhaps this realm is Ethernet-like and we are tethered to a 'something' outside of this realm's five senses of perception. Scientists see a spark at conception. That could be the link to the perception rod. Perhaps frequency waves pass over/by 'us' and we perceive them. Time waves included.

Robert (Bob) Metcalfe invented Ethernet networking. His memo in the link below.

"He chose to base the name on the word “ether” as a way of describing an essential feature of the system: the physical medium (i.e., a cable) carries bits to all stations, much the same way that the old " luminiferous ether” was once thought to propagate electromagnetic waves through space. Thus, Ethernet was born."

His idea wasn't necessarily original. He copied the idea from the "luminiferous ether" concept. Why did he apply the 'ether' concept to networking while nobody else did? Maybe he was just first or maybe he read about the diagram in a bible or somewhere and then applied the concept?

Memo

https://ethernethistory.typepad.com/papers/ethernetbobmemo.pdf

Last edited:
Upvote 0
@GalleryPeanut i love hidden etymological nuggets, and you have ingratiated yourself with me.

Re: the original post,

I am fascinated by the concept of the Mandela effect, but it doesn’t really hold water in my opinion. Mandela himself wasn’t on my radar at all, so I have no opinion on the matter, but I’ve spoken with folks who have vivid and detailed recollections of his first death and its impact on their lives and their worlds.

I would like to separate Mandela from the remainder of the Mandela effect for a moment.

I have scoured the internet for years reading everybody’s lists of Mandela effects, and honestly it just sounds like laziness and confusion.

I loved the berenstain bears when I was a child, but I was sooo young I could’ve easily mistaken the name with something that I was familiar with. Frankenstein and Ben stein come to mind.

I never noticed C3P0’s silver leg, but who was sizing that robot up? Yeah I had a C3P0 action figure, and I honestly can’t say if it had a silver leg. Also, “no I am your father” could’ve just as easily been said.

Sally Field’s speech? I never heard it. Yeah I’ve seen renditions and interpretations of it, but people get stuff wrong all the time.

Jiffy peanut butter? Probably JIF and skippy combined by minds that aren’t allocating permanent storage to childhood peanut butter brands.

Shazzam with Sinbad? Sounds right, but I never (claimed I) saw it or cared about Sinbad, and his name has some serious middle-eastern connotation similar to genies.

I could go on, but I think I’ve made the point I’m trying to make. It’s like a popular song where people misunderstand the lyrics en masse. When you find out you had it wrong, it’s not that our reality has been altered… you just had it wrong.

I concur with some of these effects, but none are a hill I’m ready to die on, and I get things wrong all the time.

Back to Mandela though… he was a prominent political figure and something could’ve easily been manipulated with him, and then co-opted by this other nonsense to straw-man the original effect. Lumping Mandela-deniers in with people who swear their universe is being altered in real-time pretty effectively discredits them on a large scale.

Upvote 0
On one hand, I suspect the Mandela Effect is pushed by those who don't want us to admit there is an objective reality.
On the other hand, something is strange, because I (and others) would've made jokes about the Bears having "stains."
Nobody ever made jokes about the Berenstein/Berenstien Bears having a "stain", so I'm 100% sure it wasn't Berenstain.
Perhaps we really do jump into a slightly different universe due to the power of our minds, depending on level of belief.
A lady recently told me to pray, I prayed strongly to Enki "Give me money": I instantly jumped into a different universe.
Meaning, the next day, my wife & I were notified of a $1500 gift from city, due to my 2022 zero-city-tax poorness level.
Yep, $500 per child, for the fact we as parents support them, and thus, as 3 of our 4 kids are under 18, we got $1500.
So maybe I really did instantly jump into a universe in which this law had already gone through the legislation process.
If one thinks gods/aliens/angels/higher-self may really exist, maybe Mandela Effect is a side-effect of universe jumping.

TheNextDay.jpg

Upvote 0
@Observer i do agree that it seems possible to will things in this world. I also have many stories similar to yours… but retrospectively, I have a far greater number of stories where I wanted/needed and didn’t receive/materialize/etc.

I guess, if I were to employ Occam’s Razor here:

The notion that as a child I didn’t correctly register the name of a family of illustrated bears is far less of an assumption than the notion we’re either skipping through various realities or changing our reality with our minds.

As I said, I do believe that it seems possible to will things or events into existence… but if that’s the case, are we willing these trivial minutia to be something else? Something that we don’t expect it to be? That doesn’t make sense, why would we do that?

Upvote 0
I do believe that it seems possible to will things or events into existence… but if that’s the case, are we willing these trivial minutia to be something else? Something that we don’t expect it to be? That doesn’t make sense, why would we do that?
I don't think anyone would will the Berenstein/Berenstien Bears into becoming Berenstain. My point is: if it were BerenSTAIN silly humans who think puns are witty would have commented on that, right? Since nobody (neither you, nor me, nor anybody in our childhoods) ever said back then, "The BerenSTAIN Bears must have STAINS on their clothes, haha" I think THAT total lack of any kids pointing out that pun is proof the universe we were in then didn't use the STAIN spelling.

So, that's one point I made in my post above: I'm pretty sure it was Berenstein, not Berenstien, we humans often have trouble remembering if a spelling is "ie" or "ei" but I'm totally sure it wasn't BerenSTAIN, since nobody ever made that obvious "stain" joke which would have been sitting right there ripe for the making.

Then, my second point, was perhaps we jump into different universes (sometimes through the power of will, meaning both purposeful positive prayers/thoughts, and unconscious accidental negative thoughts too I suppose, and perhaps sometimes through simply having random lethal accidents which logisitically statistically should have resulted in our death). If such "jumping to other universes" is a thing which sometimes occurs, that would mean there are lots of (or infinite) parallel universe copies of universes for us to jump into (or be placed into by the possible beings mentioned above) and thus tiny copy errors like Berenstein changing to BerenSTAIN would be just random tiny copy errors.

So imagine you specifically get hit by a car, or Earth in general has a mass extinction event, whatever, some random loss of life, and imagine there is some "transfer your soul, and/or other souls" system of suddenly throwing souls into a copy of the universe you were previously in, with this new copy universe being pretty much the same as that doomed previous universe, with just the slight difference being: that car miraculously missed you or that extinction event didn't happen or at least didn't happen to the extent of it taking you out, so: suddenly, you and/or those others are in some new "slightly altered" copy universe, and thus these very real memories of "Hey, I definitely didn't grow up in a universe in which there was a child's book called the BerenSTAIN Bears, and I'm sure of it since nobody ever associated those characters with a stain or stains" are thus explained as random unrelated side-effects of the "taking your soul out of one universe and sending it to a 'slightly altered' universe copy" with these random unrelated side-effect copy-artifacts simply showing how difficult it is to perfectly copy the entire universe without having some small errors/differences appearing in the copy. Just as when we take a copy of a piece of paper, unintended tiny spots appear on the copy, due to spots of junk on the imaging glass or due to spots of junk in the printing process. Just as copying and pasting a bunch of files from one hard drive to another hard drive can result in some unintended differences of a few bytes.

So, I didn't mean to imply that this jumping (or being placed) into another universe would mean "someone willed that silly change from Berenstein to Berenstain", as you inferred, but rather, I wanted to make it clear I am confident I didn't grow up in a BerenSTAIN universe, because regardless of how bad our memories are about spelling, I definitely would have remembered that (cherished book series which I had and read as a child) being made fun of by me and others if the main characters' family name and book series name contained the word stain. It would have been an obvious target of pointing out "why do they have that self-depreciatory name" joke, such as if there were a "The Poopypants Family" book series. And then, after having made that point clear (about my confidence that I didn't grow up in a BerenSTAIN universe, and that neither did you, since nobody made that 'stain' pun as a child in the universe in which we grew up) then after having shared that "proof, to me, of us living in a different universe now", then I went on to share a recent "proof, to me, of the power of prayer", since it has been over a decade since I did the prayer act (since, like you, I usually don't believe in that) so it sure seemed amazing to me that "coincidentally" some good-hearted yet simple-minded lady I work with convinced me to give it a try, which I did strongly that day, and suddenly the next day I received notification that my family is about to receive a surprise bonus of $1500.

See, my rational mind of course said, "This could be just a coincidence" and yet, at the same time, I thought to myself and told my wife, "Well, if (big if, the biggest if ever) IF 'gods/aliens/angels/higher-self/a-benevolent-living-environment-in-which-we-live' actually were to exist, and IF such a consciousness had the power to help us in life, then HOW would such a 'give me money' wish be granted? Would suddenly a suitcase filled with money drop form the sky? No, that would be dangerous, and hard to rationalize away, it would blow the whole cover of the system too easily. So, probably, if wish granting is a thing, the wish granting would be done by throwing your soul into a copy universe, for example, perhaps I was thrown into a universe in which this generous-free-handout / bribery-to-parents legislation process started months/years/decades ago. That way, it's easy for the 'I don't believe in a higher power' mind to say 'That was just a coincidence, your prayer had nothing to do with that, that law was enacted long before your prayer.' Yes, this could just be a lucky coincidence, with the strong prayers which I performed yesterday (with actual adding of very strong energy to the prayers, with direct emotional pleas, which I hadn't done for over 10 years, with me even adding actual singing of songs to Enki, which I had never done in my life before) being simply a coincidence and having nothing to do with the happy surprise notification we received the next day. Yes, perhaps it's merely a coincidence. But using my rational mind to try to find an explanation of how 'if supernatural help exists, how might it be carried out', I think this science-fiction-style 'we jump (or actually, are thrown) into a parallel almost-the-same-but-slightly-changed universe copy' idea might be being done many (many) times over the course of one soul's time in one particular body. And thus, this 'throwing a soul into a different universe copy' would explain how folks manage to 'keep surviving' even though their soul is riding daily through statistically-lethal traffic daily, with it being an amazing feat that there aren't more collisions every year/month/week/day. So this idea says 'your body gets run over by cars a lot, the higher powers simply keep throwing your soul into fresh universe copies in which you weren't run over, and, as an unintended side-effect, there are little imperfections in each new copy'."

So, I expanded upon my original post for you, my fellow online "fellow thinker" ReverendALC (who might be merely a time-wasting chatGPT-style program, since it was illogical to come to the wrong conclusion of me somehow having implied someone "willed" the Berenstein spelling to become Berenstain, as shown in the "Why would someone will such a trivial minutia spelling change?" question quoted above.)

Still, just as Usselo generously praised the Jd755 (JD755, JD55, KD755) character who couldn't grasp the high likelihood of Usselo's grand IHASFEMR theory, since that illogically-unable-to-see-the-forest-for-the-trees Jd755 character prompted Usselo to do more unpacking of ideas, so too, I should praise you, ReverendALC, for doing the same.

And yet, still, I think my original post, in its beautiful artistic style of same-length-sentences, illustrated my point in a perfectly understandable concise way. So, I'm going to proudly re-post my creation here:
On one hand, I suspect the Mandela Effect is pushed by those who don't want us to admit there is an objective reality.
On the other hand, something is strange, because I (and others) would've made jokes about the Bears having "stains."
Nobody ever made jokes about the Berenstein/Berenstien Bears having a "stain", so I'm 100% sure it wasn't Berenstain.
Perhaps we really do jump into a slightly different universe due to the power of our minds, depending on level of belief.
A lady recently told me to pray, I prayed strongly to Enki "Give me money": I instantly jumped into a different universe.
Meaning, the next day, my wife & I were notified of a $1500 gift from city, due to my 2022 zero-city-tax poorness level.
Yep, $500 per child, for the fact we as parents support them, and thus, as 3 of our 4 kids are under 18, we got $1500.
So maybe I really did instantly jump into a universe in which this law had already gone through the legislation process.
If one thinks gods/aliens/angels/higher-self may really exist, maybe Mandela Effect is a side-effect of universe jumping.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thanks for clarifying that. I feel I now have a better idea of what you’re saying:

These inconsistencies aren’t a willed incidence
These inconsistencies are a byproduct of other incidence

Also for what it’s worth, I’m not chatAI or a shill, to the best of my knowledge. I may very well be an NPC unwittingly so to speak!

Are you implying that there may be an infinite number of universes in which the bears were berenstein, berenstain, berenstoin, verenstein, etc? And we might skip through them?

Or are you suggesting that definitive moments cause a branch type effect, and these forks or branches are… corrupted copies?

Trying to imagine an infinite amount of universes or dimensions with differences as small as a single tree did or did not grow a particular leaf in the summer of 1983 or differences as large as humanity never having progressed beyond fire… it’s mind boggling.

I can’t imagine the scenario in which some people entered a new reality and others didn’t. Who comes and why? What happened to the people that didn’t come, and where did the new people come from? Why do some recall stain and others not?

The ability to create or remove any number of “me” sure feels diminutive with regard to the eternal (hopefully) soul that I possess. Unless of course I’m not special and I am simply an NPC in somebody else’s world. How depressing that would be.

Or maybe, everybody IS everybody in however many universes they exist in? Similar to me having 12 tabs open in my browser?

Upvote 0
Thanks for clarifying that. I feel I now have a better idea of what you’re saying:

These inconsistencies aren’t a willed incidence
These inconsistencies are a byproduct of other incidence
Yeah. Since, as you rightly pointed out, it wouldn't make sense for anyone to will such a spelling change.
Are you implying that there may be an infinite number of universes in which the bears were berenstein, berenstain, berenstoin, verenstein, etc? And we might skip through them?
That's possible, one which the "infinite parallel universes always waiting, with infinite tiny differences" theory states, I'm not the originator of this idea.
Or are you suggesting that definitive moments cause a branch type effect, and these forks or branches are… corrupted copies?
Yeah, that's the remix, another idea which I am not the originator of, the "fresh copy being created just for you (or for groups) when needed, unfortunately with small corruptions" idea, which could be called "less far out" than the "infinite parallel universes always waiting" idea, yet it's still pretty far out, since, as you correctly wonder about below, if someone has a solitary death from being run over, and gets instantly warped to a copy where he didn't have that death, OK, well that would explain both the amazingness of us surviving so many days filled with very dangerous actions which seems to have us surviving against the odds, and it would explain why there are these minute trivial changes from unintentional copy-artifacts such as Berenstein changing to Berenstain (and dilemna changing to dilemma, and the fruit of the loom symbol going from with-cornucopia to without-cornucopia, etc) but what remains unexplained is how does the soul of other folks (especially our loved ones) get their souls instantly also placed into the same copy, when there was really no need for their soul to be thrown into a new universe at that moment, since it was just our own solitary death that needed rescuing, or does this theory mean that all the other people in the new universe copy (including our loved ones) are all souless NPCs, or perhaps we all are having our souls sent into a new universe all the time, since this earth as a whole keeps meeting some total extinction event surprisingly often, and why do some folks in this new copy seem to come from different past universes? So many seemingly-conflicting parts of this idea, with no clear answers of how to make sense of it all.

I can't explain it all, and again, as I mentioned at the very top of my first post on this thread, this might all be a hoax by plain ol' ruling humans, trying to make us slaves think there is no objective reality, trying to make us think we are living in a simulation, trying to make us think everyone but us is an NPC, trying to make us think it thus makes sense to carry and act upon a philosophy of solipsism/nihilism ultimate selfishness. And yes, perhaps they are also paradoxically trying to make us think we too are NPCs, to give us that diminutive "as an individual I mean nothing" feeling, the same feeling which their "convex earth surrounded by infinite outer space" hoax succeeeds in making people have.

But again, how would such hoaxing humans wipe out from my mind the real memory of the "Nobody, not even myself, ever made a 'stain' joke about those bears" reality. So, I'm just saying I think that point right there, about the lack of "stains on the clothes" jokes by anyone from our childhoods and by even my own self, is a Mandele Effect "proof" which I haven't seen/heard anyone mention. So, I'm proud of myself for having come up with an original thought there. We can argue about whether, when verbalizing the written word, we said "Bear-en-steen"(like keen) or "Bear-en-stine" (like wine), but NONE of us ever said "Bear-en-stain" (like stain) since obviously we would have then pointed out the "stain, like a stain on clothes" pun in such a name.

So anyway, with the exception of that "we never made any stain joke" original observation of mine, everything else in my posts on this thread, is all mere regurgitation of other theories which I have seen/heard others putting forth. There was a science-fiction short-story I had read once online, in which one man's soul started to realize he was strangely immortal, due to him continually escaping death by being instantly transported into stranger and stranger universes, each more less likely than the last, with him eventually being studied by strange creatures either on some other planet or on this planet far far in the future, with him wondering if he would ever die, and if he wanted to continue this strange infinite jumping experience of life. Does anyone here remember reading that short story? I'm very interested in finding it, for some reason I think it was Philip K. Dick or Ray Bradbury, but I can't remember, since (just as the Mandela Effect naysayers rightly point out) our minds/memories are quite weak/flawed, and we forget and misremember things all the time, for example: we'll probably see that my memory of that short story is quite wrong in various places.

But again, ReverendALC (whom I respect the intelligence of as being second only to KorbenDallas here at this site, and by the way, Gratitude to KorbenDallas: who, even though we have been granted the ability to hear a voice, thank you, I still wonder how one man can have such a deep and wide intelligence and such time and energy to have given us so many well-crafted thought-provoking Original Posts to consider, much Respect for that, if truly all conceived, researched, written, and presented, by just one man - leaving aside the fact he didn't give enough inspiration credit to [my proven-real-by-phone-conversation friend] Wild Heretic for Wild Heretic's Mud Flood articles, for example]), thus I was surprised by the momentary lack of comprehension which perhaps my original "artistic" concise post caused, but totally satisfied with your subsequent total comprehension of my clarification post), here is a question for you, fellow human, ReverendALC: as you consider the possibility of the trivial-differences-being-not-just-addled-brain-related: Did anyone in your childhood ever make that obvious low-hanging-fruit pun joke about the BerenSTAINS having STAINS on their clothes? If not, doesn't that prove we both come from a universe where those characters were NOT the BerenSTAINS?

Yes, now a bunch of agents might come out of the woodwork with stories, even "archived at the internet archive from decades ago" of having made jokes about the "stains of the Berenstains", but before any such backstopping fraud occurs, just focus on your own childhood ReverendALC: Did you have those books, and did you internally make a "stain" sound in your mind, and did you or your friends ever externally utter the sound "stain" when verbalizing the title-characters of those books? If not, I think I just proved the Mandela Effect to you.

But, alas, perhaps this is all not-applicable to you, since you are too young? I'm 47, perhaps you simply weren't born yet when these books were popular.
Trying to imagine an infinite amount of universes or dimensions with differences as small as a single tree did or did not grow a particular leaf in the summer of 1983 or differences as large as humanity never having progressed beyond fire… it’s mind boggling.

I can’t imagine the scenario in which some people entered a new reality and others didn’t. Who comes and why? What happened to the people that didn’t come, and where did the new people come from? Why do some recall stain and others not?

The ability to create or remove any number of “me” sure feels diminutive with regard to the eternal (hopefully) soul that I possess. Unless of course I’m not special and I am simply an NPC in somebody else’s world. How depressing that would be.
Or maybe, everybody IS everybody in however many universes they exist in? Similar to me having 12 tabs open in my browser?
Yeah, I guess that really is the remix which could apply equally either of the main theories (both the "infinite parallel universes always waiting, with infinite tiny differences" theory, and the "fresh copy being created just for you (or for groups) when needed, unfortunately with small corruptions" theory). The idea of each individual soul still being a special singular thing, while still existing concurrently in many (12, or 12 million, or infinite) universe at the same time, and it being up to the strength of our will, the strength of our faith in this possibility, and the strength of our desire to enter a better world/dimension/frequency/copy/universe, which determines whether we keep seeing/feeling things through the eyes of one of our souls who happens to be living in one universe experiencing an unhappy world, or whether we "gradually or instantly" jump ("...the pace of the change is up to you...", as Milton H. Erickson would say, when giving a loaded "choice between slow or fast" hypnotic command to his patients, haha) to seeing/feeling things through the eyes of one of our other souls who happens to be living in a better universe experiencing a happier world. So in this case, each you and I must each take responsibility for the fact you and I are continuing to choose to be in this universe of absurd levels of inequality, of this life of slavery which you and I are experiencing, in which you and I are seemingly-impossibly far from the utopia of simply eating the avocado fruit and olive fruit and tangerine fruit and cannabis fruit directly from the trees while naked and creating lots of children who can enjoy the same, without any overlord exploitation of our daily energy.

Basically, this "you choose your own universe" theory implies that "My being in this hellish world of the few having enslaved the many (through physical land grabs and mental fraud which has fooled everyone around me into meekly accepting this situation) is all my fault. I am the one who negatively keeps allowing myself to stay here in this particular universe. So basically, whether we call it 'one's own ability to jump to a different existing universe' or whether we call it 'one's own ability to imagine/create a different universe to jump into', either way, as long as I'm not in that better universe: it's all my fault." Like that drawing with the goats in various levels of philosophy, with the pinnacle being the goat at the top of the mountain thinking "This is all my fault".

But again, are we simply being hoaxed by plain old wealthy humans who simply want each human to say to himself, "This isn't real, this is just a simulation, this is all my fault" instead of what we should be saying, namely, "We are living in a very real physical world in which the few have enslaved us all, there is no 'better life-after-death awaiting the meek, after this life of turning the other cheek, in heaven' or 'in some parallel universe, and if you don't imagine it strongly enough it's all your fault for being in this bad universe/simulation', instead of believing the old religion lie and the new scientific quantum-parallel-universe lie, we should right here right now simply rebel using the power of numbers against those who are hoarding 99% of the world's fruit trees, and again, we should stop allowing ourselves to be fooled into theorizing philosophically forever, we should take physical action now to enjoy the life of abundance which currently the wealthiest 100 are hoarding. Fruit trees and the free time to relax and eat and make love, with the only work being grabbing the fruit and bringing it to one's mouth."

Anyway, enough of my push for rebellion, let's get back to the original question posed by the honorable KorbenDallas:
The question is fairly simple. If the Mandela Effect is real... what does it mean for the place we exist in. What kind of realm do we live in?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
blast! I failed. The question wasn’t “is the Mandela effect real” but instead “if it’s real what does it mean?”

While I enjoyed the digression, I will opine on the OP.

If the Mandela effect is real, it likely means one of these things:

1) whoever or whatever is in control of our realm lacks the dedication or capability to modify our realm both thoroughly and entirely (this includes processing errors and glitches)

2) whoever or whatever is in control of our realm is running an operation such as “how much will go unnoticed” or “how much will drive them crazy” or similar

3) for some reason or another, some or many of us are transiting dimensions or realities (or vice versa)

4) we’re suffering from, as dr Malone calls it, mass formation psychosis. It’s possible that some psychosis inducing substances dispersed upon the public for Covid/tyranny acceptance reasons caused us all to glitch ourselves.

I suppose those four themes could come in any number of flavors themselves.

As for what it says about our realm… any flavor above clearly demonstrates how little we understand (or are allowed to understand) it. If it’s an environment controlled by someone/thing else, then it’s pretty well shrouded in secrecy. If our dimension is one of many, then perhaps we shouldn’t focus on our realm as part of some “solar system” but rather part of some “dimensional matrix” where the confines of earth are the confines of our realm, not some infinite void of blackness with suns and stars and meteors.

@Observer for a sidebar, you’re right: my adolescent self would’ve likely had some fun with it. I can recall quipping “sheman” and “GI ho” and “penis Tracy” etc, but I haven’t a single such memory about those dirty unkempt bears.

Also, your prose about “choosing our reality” is intriguing. I had always surmised that choosing our reality meant materializing our desires in the communal reality. The thought of there being limitless realities of varying quality, and rather “selecting our reality” is interesting in and of itself. It’s given me a thought about ascension, whatever that is, if it exists. I’d always fancied ascension to be an act of transcending this realm into the ultimate. Perhaps ascension isnt a binary here/there, but rather a segmented journey through however many dimensions/realities, ever working your way to the ultimate.

End sidebar

Upvote 0

However, if this "effect" is true, then only one reality is possible in my opinion:
A realm of dynamic programming coded by an omnipotent, omniscient, omnipresent, psychopath.

Consequently, we will serve an eternally immortal infinite uncaused being as puppets for all time.
I reject both as well, but I literally *hate* the “Mandela effect.”

It’s obvious—esp. given that it targets American Gen Xers & older Millennials—that it’s a national gaslighting campaign intent on undermining us by eroding our self-trust. End goal = get the largest demographic who doesn’t believe everything they see on a screen to hand authority over the truth to big tech (& probably government too).

The subversiveness of it + the sloppiness of it scream “human” - I’d put money on it being the project of some intern at big tech, or a dumb experiment some elite’s kid is running for a college class. That’s literally how stupid it feels, imo. If I ever cross paths with the person behind this stupid “effect,” hold me back.

Funny enough, it probably would’ve fooled me longer if they’d stopped at the Barenstein Bears (“Barenstain” my a**) but Richard Simmons’ headband, the Field of Dreams line & the Ed McMahon thing = massively overplayed their hand. Massive scam. Imo.

Upvote 0
So, if we really read “Berenstein” Bears as children and this is a grand psyop, how did they manage to change the privately held books in possession around the country or world?

If we’re living in a reality which can be materially manipulated like so, wouldn’t we see other more meaningful manipulations that actually advance agendas instead of simply making us question ourselves?

Since you’re new to this conversation (welcome BTW), I’ll reiterate that I remember Berenstein not stain, but I can’t justify or rationalize any explanation for nobody owning one single book that corroborates our memory. If somebody or something has the power to alter our reality materially, this seems like a minuscule application compared to the agendas I see at play.

On the other hand, if these changes are byproducts of CERN or some other technology/event, that feels like the most feasible explanation to me in consideration of the points above.

I really just don’t know.

Upvote 0
GalleryPeanut's statement of a tether is interesting, perhaps this could have something to do with the silver cord some people claim to see during Near Death Experiences. BlondeAtomic's mention that it is an attempt at causing the older generations to erode/doubt their own memories/experiences could perhaps be at least a part of the agenda as that is definitely happening as a result of this topic, whatever it actually is. reverendALC's thought of do we have multiple versions of ourselves similar to the many pages of a book or the million tabs open on my window is an intriguing thought as well, I have heard it said that we always have before us, like branches, many potential alterations of our thread's trajectory on this epic tapestry.

The concept of tampering with the fabric of time is indeed a fascinating topic to look into. It is clear that "they" have perhaps been experimenting with such technology for quite some time, the Philadelphia Experiment being a potential example that a legitimate tampering of time is much more harmful and messy than altering merely the perception of it. So in setting up the stage to attempt answering the question.. If such an effect happens, do they actually change the past? Or do they simply mess with our memories? Seems the latter of the two might be easier but who knows.

As much as I enjoy thinking about this topic, I am somewhat divided on the Mandela effect.. There have been times I have noticed that the collective's memory (including my own) has been wrong.. For example: my father loved the old Star Wars movies so we watched them felt like a million times, sometimes with subtitles, so I know as far as my own experience is concerned that Darth Vader never said "Luke, I am your father", every time he said "No, I am your father" and I remember actually thinking "why do people quote it wrong all the time?"). However, there have also been instances that did make me wonder if somehow it was true, a particular one being: "the lion shall lay down with the lamb" to "the wolf shall lay down with the lamb" Isaiah 11:6 verse; the issues with this, was that it got old school no-internet folks who knew their Scripture to get quite upset saying that they have written notes that prove it definitely never said "wolf", and also, that if the latter had been true for centuries, there would never have been a million paintings/statutes of a lion laying down with the lamb. Photohelix (rip), was helpful in stating that their tactic wasn't very complete as they were unable to actually change other informational books on biblical concepts that mention verses which seemed to have escaped the noose; and sometimes super old magazines apparently have been found portraying that Kennedy's car actually had only two rows of seats instead of the "after-affect" three. The question again is, did they truly go back and change the past? Or.. did they tamper with the collective's memory, and ability to confirm their memories, somehow? The latter appears to have been hinted at as being more easily plausible; but for the former, I have heard it said that while they can easily change the outcome of the future, the past is much harder to legitimately alter.

In common thread of a statement earlier that if the effect were possible it'd have to be the result of an all-knowing, all-seeing, all-powerful being - to which I would say at this point in time, that a spirit reliant on technology for him to have a semblance of these traits clearly is a rather pathetic spirit considering the spiritual spectrum, as a truly Supreme Spiritual Being would likely not need these technologies to have said attributes. It would appear that perhaps the technological measures being put in place are an attempt to imitate said attributes: the AI and the data collecting to be all-knowing, the cameras on every street/buildings/satellites/a camera in every hand to be all-seeing, the Cern/5g utilizing frequencies that could mess with your mind/vision/potentially even kill you apparently.. to be almost all-powerful; perhaps they are going an extra measure with the AI in trying to get people to talk/build a relationship with it to copy how one would do so with a Spiritual Being. Remembering that the enemy spirit stated that he will be "like" the Most High, perhaps he is attempting to do so via all these gadgets. It appears that overall, he cannot create anything new but has to manipulate what's already there - perhaps this bleeds into the manipulation of the perception of time/historical details... Just because there are a bunch of fakes doesn't mean the genuine doesn't exist. So, all this stated and now attempting to haphazardly answer the particular question: *If* the Mandela Effect is real, what does it mean for our reality/what kind of realm do we live in? It appears that while overall our realm has a relative degree of stability, there is a significant effort by some technologically dependent entities to get us to seriously doubt our experience.. Perhaps it is an attempt to instill in us a form of fear of how "spooky and unstable" this realm is and ultimately even doubt our worth, value, and existence, probably to prep and prime us for accepting another lie or control measure of some kind... But overall, until they can cause significant changes to happen in our own personal physical realities the effort to alter the realm is perhaps rather benign.

Maybe lol. Who knows but it's definitely fun to speculate.. Thanks for bringing up a question I hadn't given much thought to in quite awhile.

Upvote 0

I reject both as well, but I literally *hate* the “Mandela effect.”

It’s obvious—esp. given that it targets American Gen Xers & older Millennials—that it’s a national gaslighting campaign intent on undermining us by eroding our self-trust. End goal = get the largest demographic who doesn’t believe everything they see on a screen to hand authority over the truth to big tech (& probably government too).

The subversiveness of it + the sloppiness of it scream “human” - I’d put money on it being the project of some intern at big tech, or a dumb experiment some elite’s kid is running for a college class. That’s literally how stupid it feels, imo. If I ever cross paths with the person behind this stupid “effect,” hold me back.

Funny enough, it probably would’ve fooled me longer if they’d stopped at the Barenstein Bears (“Barenstain” my a**) but Richard Simmons’ headband, the Field of Dreams line & the Ed McMahon thing = massively overplayed their hand. Massive scam. Imo.
So, if we really read “Berenstein” Bears as children and this is a grand psyop, how did they manage to change the privately held books in possession around the country or world?

If we’re living in a reality which can be materially manipulated like so, wouldn’t we see other more meaningful manipulations that actually advance agendas instead of simply making us question ourselves?

Since you’re new to this conversation (welcome BTW), I’ll reiterate that I remember Berenstein not stain, but I can’t justify or rationalize any explanation for nobody owning one single book that corroborates our memory. If somebody or something has the power to alter our reality materially, this seems like a minuscule application compared to the agendas I see at play.

On the other hand, if these changes are byproducts of CERN or some other technology/event, that feels like the most feasible explanation to me in consideration of the points above.

I really just don’t know.
Thanks for the welcome! :)

Most of it is being done digitally, which is easy to alter online—it’s even easy to spot, too, esp. when the person doing it sucks at video editing. A couple of examples off the top of my head: you can see the shadow from Britney’s headset mic in the Oops I did it Again video, and the color distortion & hyper-pixelation on Richard Simmons’ forehead & wrists where the sweatbands used to be. There’s countless examples of this all over the places.

I have no idea if it’s being done with physical media—and if it is, I have no idea how. But I have yet to see any compelling proof either way re: print or physical media (the Forbes/Fruit of the Loom cornucopia comes damn close, only bc of sloppy digital editing over a scanned copy of the print edition of the magazine). I assume there isn’t more proof bc most people just don’t have their kid stuff anymore. I haven’t seen my old VHS tapes or childhood books in decades…I could go through my parents’ garage & dig them out (I may, eventually, esp. for the “Barenstain” Bears thing), but other than that? I don’t see how else physical media can be proved or disproved. Like the Ed McMahon / Publisher’s Clearinghouse thing — unless you find a hoarder who’s saved his mail since 1985, and a box of Stovetop too for that matter, it’s impossible to prove.

So, keeping with digital—is it happening? I think most would agree it is. The sloppiness of it, and the fact that they haven’t been able to change / delete everything, says to me that human hands are all over it.

Why it’s being done, beyond power, control, and monopoly over the truth? Idk. Psychological warfare? A social / psychological experiment? It’s been done countless times before. And why not something bigger? My best guess = wait. It’s been incremental and is more egregious each time. Something bigger is probably coming. Imo, anyway.

Upvote 0
I can also think of myriad reasons why they’d do these silly things, and yes they’re mostly part of an incremental progression.

I think it’s important to take the collective/entire picture into consideration here: people get stuff wrong, present company included. Choosing an already questionable realm of collective memory, it would be easy to shake things up and observe the results without any real consequence. Congress is never going to convene regarding Berenstain Bears or what Darth Vader said to Luke in Star Wars… but if they changed Independence Day to 4 July 1774 there would be repercussions.

Technology also comes into play: what would’ve taken an enormous team of diligent and trustworthy individuals to accomplish (scrubbing the internet, photoshopping images, etc) over a considerable length of time, could now be done discretely and autonomously with advances in AI (which honestly have likely been available to government and big tech for quite some time).

So if these changes actually occurred, they’re low stakes changes that no official organization would challenge it, at least not in any meaningful way.

While I don’t personally have a bears books leftover from my childhood, I cannot imagine that nobody in the world does. I happen to have a crate full of my old teenage mutant ninja turtles action figures in my garage, and somebody somewhere has to have Berenstain Bears books awaiting a new generation of children to enjoy them.

The fact that none have come to light (except equally sloppy photoshopped falsifications) suggest to me that if this effect is real and we are experiencing manipulation, then whomever (or whatever) is doing so has control over our physical/material realm as well. If that capability exists, god help us all, and maybe it’s being tested in alpha phase.

Upvote 0
Can someone who has seen the Wizard of Oz recently confirm this? The Scarecrow with a revolver?

Well I'm forgetting everything it seems. I know we talked about this effect previously, or I did.

In any case, for Americans growing up on the high plains, it was a ritual to watch this film yearly-- "brought to you in living color." The film had the uncanny ability to capture our hopes ("somewhere over the rainbow") and experience (karens/witches, catastrophe, drugs, pre-fab cities ready to serve "you", etc.). It always left a hole in me a mile wide that even my cool bicycle couldn't fill.

(I wonder if there were films like this in Russia or elsewhere in the world?)

A poisoned, lyrical quasi-historical rendition of the real American experience way out west, it was coded with messages and inside jokes that must have made the controller class/entities howl. If the comments above are correct and the still below is in the film one sees today, they just can't seem to stop.

Screen Shot 2021-06-08 at 7.47.24 PM.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
When the people in the game start to question why they are in the game, the game isn't a game anymore.
Please elaborate.

Once we realize it’s a game (we cannot escape or control) then it becomes a prison?

Or

Like a dream, once we realize we’re in a dream the rules change and we become omniscient and omnipotent?

Upvote 0
Please elaborate.

Once we realize it’s a game (we cannot escape or control) then it becomes a prison?

Or

Like a dream, once we realize we’re in a dream the rules change and we become omniscient and omnipotent?
The creator of this realm created it outside of our comprehension -- the great un-comprehendable.

Like a fish has no idea of the process or organisation of global fishing networks yet remains part of its system, but the fish doesn't ask questions so it's playing the game .... The fish has no choice of not playing the game as it doesn't have the credentials, we do.

Imagine something that we created that has no comprehension of our realm, like a video game, say "The Sims"

Now imagine if one day the Sims started asking each other in the game why they were in the game and working out that the dimension / frequency they are living in maybe ins't the only dimension or frequency, it wouldn't be a playable game anymore for the creator ....

I think this is sort of where enlightenment meets realisation .... Where you fully understand that the creation is greater than our combined comprehension and the beauty of said creation and what you do within it is far more important than the following questions:

Who put us here?
Why are we here?
How long have we been here?

Although I do enjoy exploring these avenues every road leads to a story and ultimately an unquantifiable dead end.

TH

Upvote 0
Back