TV Show | Dominion

5.00 star(s)
5.00/5 1 Votes

Genre: Sci-Fi & Fantasy, Drama

Director: Scott Stewart, Vaun Wilmott

Cast: Christopher Egan, Tom Wisdom, Roxanne McKee, Alan Dale, Anthony Stewart Head, Luke Allen-Gale, Shivani Ghai, Carl Beukes, Kim Suzanne Engelbrecht, Simon Merrells

First aired:

Overview: Dominion is an epic supernatural drama set in the near future. Specifically, 25 years after "The Extinction War," when an army of lower angels, assembled by the archangel Gabriel, waged war against mankind. The archangel Michael, turning against his own kind, chose to side with humanity. Rising out of the ashes of this long battle are newly fortified cities which protect human survivors. At the center of the series is the city of Vega, a glistening empire that has formed from the ruins of what was once Las Vegas.

Where to watch

Trailer

Show information in first post provided by The Movie Database
First thing I looked up was the name of the city, Vega. My usual routine now is whipping every unusual word through 'wisdomlib', a Vedic/Sanskrit dictionary. It came up mostly as speed, force, velocity.
Presumably they're really pouring petrol on Revelation. (And doing a great job.)

Next thing was to refresh the memory on the definition of Gabriel in Smith's Bible Dictionary (a nerd is as a nerd does);

Ga'briel (man of God). An angel sent by God to announce to Mary, the birth of Christ.

I write about this stuff now, so rather than rewrite it, here's a post on it. Long story short, Mary is the pituitary, Joseph the pineal gland. Together they have fluids combining to create an electro-magnetic effect in the brain...
In esoteric terms this effect creates 'the child' which must be encouraged to grow, so this is part of the original film story line from what I've read in wiki. They're doing what they always do, externalise the internal principles. It's a physiological process which happens in the individual mind, IF that mind is a peaceful, meditative place.

And Michael
"One," or "the first, of the chief princes" or archangels, "the great prince which standeth" in time conflict "for the children of thy people."
Much checking over the shoulder at Trump still, because blowing of trumpets is so deucedly biblical.
Angel comes from a Greek word for messenger, but rather than going in to photons and stuff regarding angles of light, constellations and the Sun best to go to
Dominion itself:

dominion (n.)

mid-15c., "lordship, sovereign or supreme authority," from Old French dominion "dominion, rule, power" and directly from Medieval Latin dominionem (nominative dominio), corresponding to Latin dominium "property, ownership," from dominus "lord, master," from domus "house" (from PIE root *dem- "house, household").
In law, "power of control, right of uncontrolled possession, use, and disposal" (1650s). From 1510s as "territory or people subject to a specific government or control."
British sovereign colonies often were called dominions, hence the Dominion of Canada, the formal title after the 1867 union, Dominion Day, the Canadian national holiday in celebration of the union, and Old Dominion, the popular name for the U.S. state of Virginia, first recorded 1778.
also from
mid-15c.
Dominion, Virgin..ia, supreme authority, rule, power, ownership. Vatican &co. as usual.

There is also the 'antimony' aspect which I just looked up for a substack comment. Not only is antimony in the vaccines causing chaos in our own little 'Extinction War', it's an alchemical symbol... which just happens to be the Globus cruciger, which signifies 'christ's dominion'.
Within the last week I remembered something to the husband we'd watched years ago called 'V', it was a tv show remake from the 80's original which was dreadful but still intriguing.
In the remake they did a good job sucking in a certain audience because there was so much truth in the ridiculous plot of an alien invasion, and was badly enough acted to maintain ones distance. The vaccine aspect was very interesting too because I'd already started pulling medicine apart. Point in mentioning is it too only ever went for two seasons- both original and remake, and the end was a real cliff-hanger.

Left the audience right in the lurch not knowing what was going to happen next- do they make it?
One funny twist in the V remake was the blonde cop protagonist archetype first felt romantically inclined towards the priest who seemed to have all the answers, but in the end she hooked up with the sexy beefcake explosive expert.
Spoiler.. sorry.

I'd like to know if the ending of this tv show did a similar trick- leaving the audience in suspense, because if they did, they're telling us, do something. This is coming if you don't start doing something.
Of course conversely (or perversely) they're saying 'do something' so the fight can truly get under way.
Either way, faith is probably recommended. Be it in God or sexy explosive experts. Or both.

I was surprised with them not continuing with Season 3. The second season was just as good as the first one. And the first one was pretty good.

The plot itself is so much within the area of our endeavors. I was hoping to see "the Father" in season 3.

I'm gonna have to watch it. Thanks for the tip.

Back