Bizarre transformation of the North American Continent: 16th through 19th centuries

asatiger1966

Some photos I took in historic Merrickville, Ontario on the Rideau Canal-- A few churches with seemingly buried windows. The corner building was built I think the guy said 1840 and was the largest department store between Chicago and Montreal....all goods using the Canal as super highway. A few other buildings with oddly located doors or windows. I have yet to explore the mill ruins but you can get the gist here:

https://hiveminer.com/Tags/merrickville,ruins

View attachment 3378 View attachment 3378 View attachment 3379 View attachment 3380 View attachment 3381 View attachment 3382 View attachment 3383
The photo of the church building seems to be sitting on a sloped piece of property. If so the builder cut down to solid soil and placed his basement there and used the window design for sunlight. To build up the dirt pad to street level would not be as solid a design and would cause drainage problems in the back. A lot more foundation work equals more cost. My statement is based on the slope of the building site being there.

anotherlayer

What if the building was there first, and then the dirt arrived?
I think we need to be careful though. We can't infer that every building is mud flood simply because it has windows for the basement. I live in an old brick building that Martin and Lee would insist is a mud flooder simply because my basement windows are sub-level. They needed light and fresh air down there. Besides, that church is a garbage cookie-cutter Canadian/American church. It's a perfect example of how we try to replicate the old buildings to the best of our ability. And that church is the best half-ass effort we could pull off in 1890.

OP
OP
KorbenDallas

KorbenDallas

Negotiator
I agree, but this is where it gets confusing and shows that we really do not know, and can rely on nothing official with any degree of certainty.

The russian building below was officially built in 1914. And they were pretty puzzled to uncover what they did.

247BD6CF-6B44-4283-8C18-B634AED4537E.jpeg

ISeenItFirst

I want to see pics. No we don't build below grade windows for light and air. Not like we are seeing here. At grade, sure, slightly below, sometimes. But never full size windows matching the rest of the building like I have seen all over on these really old buildings. Do we grade up over windows? Often we do. Egress windows are often below grade, but those need their own drain if any deeprler than 3ft or so, and still need to be minumum 44 inches above the foundation( probabaly less in warmer climates, deeper in colder) Open to the air means you just moved the frost line down, and, around here anyways, you will have foundation issues, water issues, heaving issues, etc.

It just doesn't add up.

I've also pondered this thing with the difference between maps.. why the changes in scenery?

1. Regarding prospecting. I strongly suspect a more elegant solution. Our 'forefathers' would not have done it the conventional way, too much groundwork, too many variables, it seems harder to do from groundlevel.
I take it for granted they had technological capabilities way way beyond what we're used to - I mean warfare, logistics, transportation and so on.
I think this aspect is one of few that they have tried to move forward in time, trying to keep a lag between the true tech available and our perception of what we think is possible. You can see how this can be a useful trick. I even speculate that they kind of overdid it to the point that the average layman wouldn't be able to differentiate between the effects of their technology and, well.. magic, divine will, the forces of nature unleashed.. however you may wish to call it.
I also think there is a fundamental difference in this good guys-bad guys thing, besides the obvious of course. Chances are the whole thing(life) is a cyclical thing.. We are sold this evolution theory which has a whole lot of strings attached to it and we just kind of went with it, but like almost everything out there, it's actually the other way around. Tartary came from a place of purity, of unity with the divine, of living in truth and its trajectory in history is downward, one of forgetting little by little till you get to 'what Tartary?'. On the other hand the 'evil empire' was the one growing, stealing technology and distroying evidence that it ever existed. In my opinion we've only just recently passed some kind of a threshhold and we are beginning to remember..
That's why you get all those instances of things so elaborate, so complex, so daunting that, upon pondering we realize we would never be able to replicate that level of detail, intricacy, perfection ultimately. Buildings, ships, weapons, all sorts of mechanisms, etc..
To cut a long story short I'm thinking in terms of zeppelins. The Heidenburg Disaster (1937) was most likely an inside job of some sort, an excuse to end this whole air exploration thing. It was too easy, too straightforward, too cheap, it made the entire world too accesible. It has all the hallmarks of something that needed to be ended from their perspective.
The disaster was the subject of spectacular newsreel coverage, photographs, and Herbert Morrison's recorded radio eyewitness reports from the landing field, which were broadcast the next day.[1] A variety of hypotheses have been put forward for both the cause of ignition and the initial fuel for the ensuing fire. The event shattered public confidence in the giant, passenger-carrying rigid airship and marked the abrupt end of the airship era.[2]
Hindenburg disaster - Wikipedia

It's one of those odd events you get a feeling are hoaxes one way or another even just from the wiki page.
So in my book they prospected from air, and in time the empire decided to keep this possibility to themselves, too much of a wildcard there. They must have used some sort of tringulation method comparing perspectives from different angles, or who knows? possibly maybe even some sort of aerial photography.

2.Regarding the possibility of the earth morphing. It is a distinct possibility. I think there are worldwide events more often then we might be expecting. I think a large part of their game is centered on us not figuring this out between these events and being caught offguard each time and practically having to start from square one each time.
What puzzles me is the possibility that these alteration could also be man-made to some extent. Studying the possible strongholds of this evil empire, I've come to think they just might have changed the landscape a bit to suit their needs. For example Sicily is awfully close to the tip of the boot of Italy, I wouldn't put it past them to turn the said peninsula into said insula.. for strategic purposes(much more easy to defend). Then there's the English channel, a body of water some argue shouldn't really be there pointing to a time when the British Isles were more British than Isles. Doggerland also comes to mind, the supposed flat plain connecting Scotland to Scandinavia. Take it with a grain of salt. Food for thought.
Maybe, just maybe 'the New World' isn't really the Americas, but they had to pretend they didn't know about it till then just to not bring into consideration the problem of Greenland / the North Pole / Axis Mundi / the place all compasses point to.
Maybe they 'fractured' that North-Western Territory. On a lot of these old maps you get the feeling that Greenland is actually connected to mainland America. So maybe they blew up Hudson Bay, artificially tore the 2 landmasses apart. Hard to know.. almost no one lives in that part of Canada.. almost no one lives in Greenland - if the pictures we see of this place are for real.
And then there's the name... why call a piece of land almost entirely covered with snow 'green'?
From a strictly linguistic perspective it's Greenland of Denmark. Green land as in garden perhaps... Denmark as in the mark of e(den).
As in the green lush garden of Eden.. as in it might have been heaven till they got there and then it became the Den of the 'gods' (empire), not even shown on maps.
Also green is associated in the chakra system with the heart. earth - heart. eart-h, h-eart. Like literally earth's heart.. the place where it is most vibrant, most full of life. On the flat earth model the N pole is the center of the earth, where's the center of a sphere(on the surface)? They just very subtly, took it out of the conversation and made sure you can't get there.

Another thing that puzzles me is the nature of the maps, they infer that the earth is a globe(most of them). Our ancestors knew it was flat and stationary, it's never their maps. I think even most of the flat earth maps are kidergarten renderings of the true knowledge. Probably played down in copies made by monks in monesteries or something of the sort. I tend to look at this type of maps from the perspective of "what do they want me to think that they knew at that point?' I think they are meant as clues to give away the narrative they wanted us to believe for so long.

On another note, maybe all these continents were still interconnected until very recently - which would explain the Russian America thing. Maybe all the continents are really much closer together than we've been lead to believe. Just that they've controlled the seas and air for so long that we really just couldn't go and check all this stuff for ourselves. Looking from the shoreline of England what's it to you if it's 500km or 5000km to America.. you can't see it, well then.. it's far. You can only rely on their word, which can't really be relied upon if you're honest with yourself.

ISeenItFirst

I always kind of thought it was the opposite. Rather than man causing the calamity, there was a technical global infrastructure that prevented or lessened the effects of the cyclical disaster and it was for some reason disabled. I think there was trickery involved and those operating the tech realized they fell for the trick and sank the world into cyclical turmoil.

Just a feeling I've always had. Actually, I've always felt like I was there, was one of the tricked persons, and I remember only because I never let go of the guilt for being tricked and destroying the world.

A psychic past life person once told me I was someone very important in Atlantis. I don't put much stock in such things, but I once did a bunch of them to see how they compared and I was very surprised by the results.

I have this image of this great pyramid, in the middle of a large landmass, and looking up at it for the last time, like a retiring employee, knowing it is shutting down, and a great sadness about it. It's a depressing image and this feeling that I will not try to escape the calamity, as I deserve what is about to happen for my part in it. Going down with the ship so to speak.

PrimalRed

When dealing with maps, cartography etc, there is one huge element I think a lot of people are overlooking. We all assume reality is linear and unchanging. From my personal experience I can say beyond any shadow of a doubt that the general outline of our continents have shifted from what it used to be. This might be my personal reality or a shared reality with others - but South America was most certainly a thousand miles to the west of where it was. Australia was further South, New Zealand was to the north east of Australia, Japan NEVER invaded China through Korea because Japan was way further north etc etc.

Someone on the Mandela Effect forums even specifically pointed out the change in time zone when calling his relative who lived in South America.

So if in the span of one lifetime a map can change so significantly- and the history along with it- imagine what happens in the span of 500 years. You'd end up having all kinds of different maps and even stories of different continents that wouldn't add up if our world was linear and unidimensional. Hyperborea, Atlantis, Lemuria- there's room for all of them in a non linear multidimensional model of earth.

UnusualBean

You know what I find very interesting about this map and the others like it

is that the water appears to extend pretty much exactly to Palouse, which is a region full of fertile hills that look suspiciously like they were created at the bottom of a large amount of water

What a funny "coincidence".

Even funnier is that I was actually taught as a kid that that's exactly how these hills were created (albeit much longer ago than a few hundred years). Looking into it now, though, it looks like kids are being taught that the hills were created by wind. This isn't the first time the history books have been rewritten in my lifetime, and I fear it won't be the last. It seems like every generation gets taught a new "truth". When we die, will our "truth" die with us?

There are many similar definitions of what a map is. This is just one of those, "A description of the earth, or some particular part thereof, projected upon a plain superficies; describing the form of countries, rivers, situation of cities, hills, woods, and other remarks." Single maps are often included within a bundle of maps comprising a geographical atlas.

We are going to look at some very old maps. The general opinion of today's scientists is that cartographers of the past were some sort of practical jokers. Here is what National Geographic says, "Inventing cities, mountains, and monsters to fill the empty spaces on maps is a centuries-old tradition in cartography." This is very similar to how the appearance of the old maps was explained to me, when I went to school.

Obviously some of the older maps have purely decorative meaning in our today's life. Do we think that maps served decorative purposes back in the day when GPS systems were not available? I believe at the time of their creation, those maps were nothing but a useful tool upon which the lives of seafarers (and other navigators) depended. Saying obvious things is ridiculous, but maps were always used for navigation prior to the emergence of GPS. Under certain circumstances they are being used nowadays. And for that, they have to be as accurate as possible. Accuracy does not include making up lands, rivers, cities and other objects.

Clearly there could be a "bad apple" cartographer now and then. If there was only one person creating maps, it could be easy to fool people with false information. But as the history shows there were multiple people contributing to the creation of the maps in the past. And when you have thousands of ships sailing the world, it would not take long for the truth to come out.

This is preposterous to think that cartographers, and map makers of the past would willingly place any false information on a map.
  • First of all, it would not take long for one of those seafarers sent (in a flimsy wooden ship) to explore some fantasy world created by a malicious cartographer to come back. I could only imagine what a captain of some ship, who spent a couple of years at sea, would do to such a cartographer. It's not hard to understand that false maps could spell death under certain circumstances.
  • And secondly, it is simply bad for business. Who would buy your maps, if they cannot be used for their only purpose?
How long would you use a GPS which is 50 miles off, or simply displays non-existent roads? In reality, this is what happens to some people when their navigation system provides as much as inaccurate information.

Yet, we are being spoon fed this non-sense about creative fantasy of the cartographers of the past. At the same time, when you look at the 16th, 17th, 18th century maps, you can't help it but notice, that continents looked very different. And our traditional scientists limited by their dogmatic teachings found an explanation. In their opinion, the smartest minds of the past were faking the world geography. My opinion is insignificant, but I disagree.

Not going to talk about the map making process itself, but if you are interested - The Cartographic Process - there you go.

Let us take a look at how the North American continent was changing its outline with time. I just picked up a few maps pertaining to different time frames to illustrate the changes. Please notice obvious visual attributes shared by the suggested groups. It also appears there was enough time to notice a map discrepancy. Yet the maps stay consistent through out their respective time frames.

1570 - 1611 - 1630 - 1642 - 1652

Note: "Mer de l'Ouest ("Western Sea"), originally the goal of exploration during the French regime, was the stuff of wishful thinking obligingly corroborated by Indians. Initially thought to be an inland sea somewhere west of the Great Lakes, it gradually blended in imagination with the Pacific." - enjoy the official version.

I think there is an obvious, and consistent transition from one continental outline to the next. Sure enough, it is more convenient to explain the above transformation with the official speculative theory provided in the very beginning of this article. Personally, I doubt that cartographers of the old were making stuff up. Obviously there could be a certain degree of error, but not to the point of ridiculous re-carving of the map.

* * * * *​

What if continents looked exactly the way they were depicted on the above maps? Could something cause the water levels to rise?

Just may be, the North American continent suffered a catastrophic event (along with the rest of the World). Map makers and Cartographers were desperately trying to reflect on the current state of things while the N. A. Continent was still changing its outline. In the 19th century the outline finally stabilized.

Could it be an event, or events similar in scale to ones which caused the below?
This map from 1650 posted in the Five Indian Dollar topic. I read clearly on the map; north-west amerika it states: MER GLACIAL. It looks to me that on older maps, they filled this void with ornamental texts since it was an ocean of ice aka nothing to report back home to superiors, kind a terra incognita. So let's melt the ice until no more left, then exploit the natural resources, happening until to this day and it will happen also in the Antarctica, job not finished yet.

Tonep

I bet if you start looking into any of these buildings specifically, you will run into an informational dead end. You will have a date, a name of the architect, and no additional proof of construction.

Definitely building built by the enlightened ones. Those I doubt they thought of themselves that way.

Enligntened ones? got a link on that? would love to hear your thoughts on that one.

Loagun

Perhaps this is the answer :) I have made 4 mud flood videos of my own which are uploaded to my channel. The first two mostly consists of a collection of 'mudflood' photos I've collected over the years, some from even before I'd ever heard of mudflood. The third needs to be paused now and then as it is full of references to major events that happened in the Americas between 1600-1900s with screenshots of the Google Books the information can be found.

This fourth video I just uploaded yesterday and it contains my theory on the cause of the mudflood. I of course could be wrong but out of anything else out there it is in my humble opinion the only theory that actually make sense. And it does not depend on secret Elite technology or the mysterious Comet.

JustWow

There are many similar definitions of what a map is. This is just one of those, "A description of the earth, or some particular part thereof, projected upon a plain superficies; describing the form of countries, rivers, situation of cities, hills, woods, and other remarks." Single maps are often included within a bundle of maps comprising a geographical atlas.

We are going to look at some very old maps. The general opinion of today's scientists is that cartographers of the past were some sort of practical jokers. Here is what National Geographic says, "Inventing cities, mountains, and monsters to fill the empty spaces on maps is a centuries-old tradition in cartography." This is very similar to how the appearance of the old maps was explained to me, when I went to school.

Obviously some of the older maps have purely decorative meaning in our today's life. Do we think that maps served decorative purposes back in the day when GPS systems were not available? I believe at the time of their creation, those maps were nothing but a useful tool upon which the lives of seafarers (and other navigators) depended. Saying obvious things is ridiculous, but maps were always used for navigation prior to the emergence of GPS. Under certain circumstances they are being used nowadays. And for that, they have to be as accurate as possible. Accuracy does not include making up lands, rivers, cities and other objects.

Clearly there could be a "bad apple" cartographer now and then. If there was only one person creating maps, it could be easy to fool people with false information. But as the history shows there were multiple people contributing to the creation of the maps in the past. And when you have thousands of ships sailing the world, it would not take long for the truth to come out.

This is preposterous to think that cartographers, and map makers of the past would willingly place any false information on a map.
  • First of all, it would not take long for one of those seafarers sent (in a flimsy wooden ship) to explore some fantasy world created by a malicious cartographer to come back. I could only imagine what a captain of some ship, who spent a couple of years at sea, would do to such a cartographer. It's not hard to understand that false maps could spell death under certain circumstances.
  • And secondly, it is simply bad for business. Who would buy your maps, if they cannot be used for their only purpose?
How long would you use a GPS which is 50 miles off, or simply displays non-existent roads? In reality, this is what happens to some people when their navigation system provides as much as inaccurate information.

Yet, we are being spoon fed this non-sense about creative fantasy of the cartographers of the past. At the same time, when you look at the 16th, 17th, 18th century maps, you can't help it but notice, that continents looked very different. And our traditional scientists limited by their dogmatic teachings found an explanation. In their opinion, the smartest minds of the past were faking the world geography. My opinion is insignificant, but I disagree.

Not going to talk about the map making process itself, but if you are interested - The Cartographic Process - there you go.

Let us take a look at how the North American continent was changing its outline with time. I just picked up a few maps pertaining to different time frames to illustrate the changes. Please notice obvious visual attributes shared by the suggested groups. It also appears there was enough time to notice a map discrepancy. Yet the maps stay consistent through out their respective time frames.

1570 - 1611 - 1630 - 1642 - 1652

Note: "Mer de l'Ouest ("Western Sea"), originally the goal of exploration during the French regime, was the stuff of wishful thinking obligingly corroborated by Indians. Initially thought to be an inland sea somewhere west of the Great Lakes, it gradually blended in imagination with the Pacific." - enjoy the official version.

I think there is an obvious, and consistent transition from one continental outline to the next. Sure enough, it is more convenient to explain the above transformation with the official speculative theory provided in the very beginning of this article. Personally, I doubt that cartographers of the old were making stuff up. Obviously there could be a certain degree of error, but not to the point of ridiculous re-carving of the map.

* * * * *​

What if continents looked exactly the way they were depicted on the above maps? Could something cause the water levels to rise?

Just may be, the North American continent suffered a catastrophic event (along with the rest of the World). Map makers and Cartographers were desperately trying to reflect on the current state of things while the N. A. Continent was still changing its outline. In the 19th century the outline finally stabilized.

Could it be an event, or events similar in scale to ones which caused the below?
Compare the map from 1803 (above) and the map from Wikipedia that is presented as what the US looked like at the time of the Lewis and Clark expedition
1547041278979.png
1547041351079.png

I have often wondered what the truth was about that expedition and what really happened to Lewis. I just learned that he was accidently shot by someone in his own party right at the end of the expedition before they had reached St. Louis. Did not know that! And then he is either killed or kills himself in Tennessee on his way to Washington D.C. He had his journal about the expedition with him. It was later published BUT what if it had been edited? Supposedly the point of the expedition was to stake a claim for the US for the remainder of the territory, all the way to the Pacific. What if there was a compelling reason why the claim would not be legitimate? And maybe this was included in the soon to be published journal.

BrokenAgate

These maps are fascinating, and clearly I never paid enough attention to them. Archaeologists and such tell us that this inland sea disappeared millions of years ago. Well, I guess they forgot to pass that information on to the guys who made the maps, because that sea appears to have been very recent, within the last couple thousand years at most. And then it disappeared, but how? And all those blank spaces in the northern latitudes represented snow, not merely places that hadn't been explored yet. It was ice and snow, and I assume that the emptying of the Western Sea was concurrent with the melting of the glaciers. I've determined that the mud flood that buried parts of Prescott, Arizona traveled roughly east to west, based on the level of coverage being higher on the eastern sides of buildings and lower, or nonexistent on the western sides. After looking at these maps, we may find that the flow of mud and water across North America was generally north to south, with individual mud flows following local topography.

whitewave

I will throw u guys a curve ball but I am not writing this for giggles. If u need clarification get me at my email. When the earth moved from 2nd orbit 2nd position to 3rd orbit 3rd position it was under less pressure from the sun's electric field which allowed for continued expansion. (picture all the continents together without oceans to get the original size of the world). As the earth expands it creates cracks and fissures (i.e. Mariannas Trench, San Andreas Fault) which allows for vapor and water to escape to the surface. This water will mix with dirt and slosh around until settling.
How does a planet expand? From where does it get the extra material to make itself bigger? Does it become less dense and thinner, kind of like a balloon blowing up? At what point would such an expanding planet eventually "burst"?

On topic: I never really appreciated maps before but they are a treasure trove of information. They're not just for direction finding but have immense historical and geological significance. All the hints given on maps provide clues of where to look and what to look for. If you see geological features on maps that weren't there before, you can look for geological events that were recorded to have occurred in that area at that time to validate or discredit the cartographic information. Names of former kingdoms are listed on the older maps although there's precious little to zero information on most of them that I've found.

PrincepAugus

How does a planet expand? From where does it get the extra material to make itself bigger? Does it become less dense and thinner, kind of like a balloon blowing up? At what point would such an expanding planet eventually "burst"?

On topic: I never really appreciated maps before but they are a treasure trove of information. They're not just for direction finding but have immense historical and geological significance. All the hints given on maps provide clues of where to look and what to look for. If you see geological features on maps that weren't there before, you can look for geological events that were recorded to have occurred in that area at that time to validate or discredit the cartographic information. Names of former kingdoms are listed on the older maps although there's precious little to zero information on most of them that I've found.
I've questioned that too. I think the Earth's shrinking from loss of mass, not expanding.