Could our planet Earth be one huge quarry?

KorbenDallas

Negotiator
"If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck" - we all heard of this so-called "duck test". It suggests that a person can identify an unknown subject by observing that subject's habitual characteristics. For open minded people, the below "habitual characteristics" could become a sanity test as well.

If we take this "duck test" into consideration, than our planet Earth is nothing but one huge giant quarry. A type of quarry where coal, copper, uranium, nickel, gold and other natural resources were mined long (or not so long) time ago. Striking similarities could make an open minded person to, at least, look into the issue.

Below we can see the pictures of several quarries. These are the result of our civilization mining in various parts of the world.

Quarries: Lebedinsky (RU) / Magnet Mountain (RU) / Cheremshansky (RU) / Escondida (Chile) / Carlin Trend (US) / Kenecott (US)

1_Lebedinsky_quarry_russia.jpg 2_Magnet_Mountain_Ural.jpg 3_Cheremshansky_Nikel_quarry.jpg 9_Escondida_Chile.jpg 10_Carlin_Trend_USA.jpg 11_Kenecott_USA.jpg

Mount Sorrel (UK) / Bingham (US) / Kenecott (US) / Mirny (RU) / Yekaterinburg (RU)

4_Kennecott_Utah_Usa_copper.jpg 5_mountsorrel-quarry_UK.jpg 7_Kenecott_Copper_Mine_USA.jpg 8_Mirny_Diamond_Mine_Russia.png 11_ekaterinburg_russia.jpg

Differently looking quarries

quarry_1_2.jpg quarry_1_1.jpg quarry_1.jpg quarry_2.jpg quarry_3.jpg quarry_5.jpg quarry_6.jpg quarry_7.jpg quarry_8.jpg quarry_9.jpg quarry_10.jpg quarry_11.jpg

The above quarries are gigantic in size. And the equipment used to produce such drastic terrestrial changes is impressive indeed. This equipment is presented below.

Bucket Wheel Excavators:
Their larger models reach boom lengths of 260 feet (80m), weigh 13,000 tons, and move 12,500 m3/h. The largest BWE ever constructed is TAKRAF's Bagger-293, which weighs 14,200 tonnes and is capable of moving 240,000 cubic metres of overburden every day. Excavations of 497,000 cubiic yards (380,000 cubic metres) per day have been recorded.​

1_bucket_wheel_excavator.jpg 2_bucket_wheel_excavator.jpg 3_bucket_wheel_excavator.jpg 4_bucket_wheel_excavator.jpg 5_bucket_wheel_excavator.jpg
6_bucket_wheel_excavator.jpg 7_bucket_wheel_excavator.jpg 8_bucket_wheel_excavator.jpg 9_bucket_wheel_excavator.jpg 10_bucket_wheel_excavator.jpg

Coincidentally there are some artifacts resembling the machines above. These artifacts are located throughout various museums of the world. They primarily represent Mesoamerican culture, and are dated around 1000 BC.

2_ancient_bucket_wheel.jpg 3_ancient_bucket_wheel.jpg 4_ancient_bucket_wheel.png 1_ancient_bucket_wheel.jpg maya_ancient_equipment_1.jpg maya_ancient_equipment_2.jpg mesoamerica_1.jpg

The above are explained as incenses, and pendants.

We also might have some depictions of the stone cutters, pertaining to the same time frame. It's very easy to dismiss these as pure coincidences, of course. But isn't it exactly the type of explanation we get all the time?

3_ancient_masons.jpg 4_ancient_masons.jpg 5_ancient_masons.jpg

"Natural Formations" #1

Now let us take a look at some of the prominent NATURAL objects. Supposedly they exist for tens of thousands of years. Some of those you might even be familiar with. Some are protected wonders of tourism. Below we have places like Grand Canyon, Antarctica, Greenland, Asian Mountains, Utah parks. These are just a few examples. You can easily find more. You might have seen some other ones yourself. Compare these to the quarries above.

1_1_Creux-du-Van_Swiss.jpg 1_1_Siberia.jpg 2_Antarctica.jpg 4_Antarctica.jpg 5_Greenland.jpg 6_greenland.jpg 1_Kolsky_Peninsula_rus.jpg
12_grand_Canyon.jpg 8_utah_state_park.jpg 9_grand_Canyon.jpg 10_grand_Canyon.jpg 11_grand_Canyon.jpg 7_kailash_21000_feet_china.jpg

And some more "Natural" formations: all over the world

old_query_1.jpg old_query_1_1.jpg old_query_1_2.jpg old_query_2.jpg old_query_3.jpg old_query_4.jpg old_query_5.jpg old_query_6.jpg old_query_7.jpg old_query_8.jpg old_query_9.jpg old_query_10.jpg old_query_11.jpg old_query_12.jpg old_query_13.jpg old_query_14.jpg old_query_15.jpg old_query_16.jpg old_query_17.jpg old_query_18.jpg old_query_19.jpg

Spoil Tips (artificial)

Once all the minerals, (and what not) are taken out, we end up with Spoil Tips. A spoil tip (also called a spoil bank, boney pile, gob pile, bing, batch, boney dump or pit heap) is a pile built of accumulated spoil – the overburden or other waste rock removed during coal and ore mining. And here is what they look like. Once again, these are not natural formations. This waste is a byproduct of mining. Some are known to burn on the inside. Please google-help yourself.

1280px-Будённовский_район_Донецка_007.jpg Abraumhalde.jpg Botayama_at_Iizuka_City_in_1950s.JPG Chumakovskaya.jpg Heringen_-_Monte_Kali.jpg KvarntorpRAÄ25.jpg donbus_spoil_tip.jpg spoil_dump.jpg Poulton_spoil.jpg spoil_tips_pyramids_Llanbradach.jpg Terril_du_Chanois_-_19.JPG Ukraine_Donetsk_Oblast_Spoil_tip_IMG_1848_1725.jpg NY_spoil_tip.jpg Russian_slavyansk_1.jpg Russian_slavyansk_2.jpg Lievin_France_pano2005-08.jpg Ukrain_7.jpg Ukrain_8.jpg Panoramio_-_V&A_Dudush.jpg Russian_slavyansk_3.jpg

And some colorful iron, copper type Spoil dumps (artificial).

iron_ore_dump_1.jpg iron_ore_dump_2.jpg iron_ore_dump_3.jpg iron_ore_dump_4.jpg ore_dump_1.jpg
ore_dump_2.jpg ore_dump_3.jpg ore_dump_4.jpg ore_dump_5.jpg ore_dump_6.jpg

So-called "Natural Formations" #2
And below you can find various natural formations. In other words they were created by "mother nature". The below places are allover the world: China, Russia, Argentine, Japan, etc. We have Mount Fuji, Vesuvius, Etna, Salinas Lake, Santa Anna and a whole lot of others here. Additionally you can google Shikhan Mountains in Russia.

Volcano_6.jpg Fuji.jpg kamchatka.jpg Kazakhstan_1.jpg russia_1.jpg Russian_volcano_1.jpg Santa_Ana.jpg Vesuvius.jpg Volcano_1.jpg Volcano_2.jpg Volcano_3.jpg Volcano_4.jpg Volcano_5.jpg Etna_cicily.jpg Klyuchevski_volcano.jpg Santa_anna_15.jpg Taranaki.jpg Russian_volcano_2.jpg Salinas_garden_1.jpg Salinas_garden_2.jpg Shikhan_mountains.png
Peru_1.jpg China_1.jpg Kyrgiz_1.jpg Kyrgiz_2.jpg Kazakhstan_2.jpg Argentina_2.jpg Russia_2.jpg Argentina_1.jpg Russia_3.jpg

GRAND CANYON

It might be a long shot, but judging by where our Uranium is... may be there is a reason the Grand Canyon looks the way it does. And may be the United States are not the first ones to mine it.

Grand_Canyon_Quarry.jpg USA_Uranium_1.jpg USA_Uranium_2.jpg USA_Uranium_3.jpg USA_Uranium_4.jpg USA_Uranium_5.jpg USA_Uranium_6.jpg
Summary: I think this is too much to be just a coincidence. Looks to me like somebody might have done some major mining on our planet, and forgot to tell us about it. Then again, may be they did but it got "lost in translation" through all those burnt books and libraries. And may be that mountain next to you is just a gigantic spoil tip. Go figure now...

Last edited:

humanoidlord

very interesting idea, while the part about the quarries is plausible and could certainly be what it looks like, i think the spoil tips are an too forced comparation and there arent too many similrarities

OP
OP
KorbenDallas

KorbenDallas

Negotiator
very interesting idea, while the part about the quarries is plausible and could certainly be what it looks like, i think the spoil tips are an too forced comparation and there arent too many similrarities
I don't know. Looks pretty similar to me. The only difference is age, and size.

Spoil Tip

Ukrain_7.jpg

Mountain

Klyuchevski_volcano.jpg

mateohielo

Spoil tips look like a very good way of burying or hiding something. I wonder if they are publicly accessible or are some kind of 'forbidden', on private land, etc.

OP
OP
KorbenDallas

KorbenDallas

Negotiator
Spoil tips look like a very good way of burying or hiding something. I wonder if they are publicly accessible or are some kind of 'forbidden', on private land, etc.
That. And also this is how all those ridiculously dated (500,000 year old) finds could be explained.

rock_embedded_axe.jpg

OP
OP
KorbenDallas

KorbenDallas

Negotiator
Well, if some spoil tip ridge was dropped on this axe 800 years ago for example. Based on the layers and depth it is inevitable for the dating to be based on this depth.

In other words an item located in a 600 foot deep mine can not be 800 years old. It has to be super old.

There is a good way to test this theory. See if any of the hills shaped like "spoil tips" contain useful minerals. If minerals are conspicuously absent, it would mean that they were already extracted, and that what you are sifting through is the worthless material which was left over.

OP
OP
KorbenDallas

KorbenDallas

Negotiator
There is a good way to test this theory. See if any of the hills shaped like "spoil tips" contain useful minerals. If minerals are conspicuously absent, it would mean that they were already extracted, and that what you are sifting through is the worthless material which was left over.
Lol. I think we have test results in plain site. If there were any useful minersls in those, we would have had mines and other extraction enterprises set up there by now.

humanoidlord

very interesting experiment! but yeah i agree with you
Lol. I think we have test results in plain site. If there were any useful minersls in those, we would have had mines and other extraction enterprises set up there by now.
but has anyone done a mineral scan at them?

OP
OP
KorbenDallas

KorbenDallas

Negotiator
but has anyone done a mineral scan at them?
Obviously I do not know. But considering that they hire divers to extricate samples from the bottom of the Arctic Ocean, I think they would be digging if there was something in there. These are just my thoughts.

humanoidlord

Obviously I do not know. But considering that they hire divers to extricate samples from the bottom of the Arctic Ocean, I think they would be digging if there was something in there. These are just my thoughts.
i myself wanna see something done there to see if there is anything valuable

BStankman

i myself wanna see something done there to see if there is anything valuable
Glumlit's theory of the Appalachians being a slag heap may fit that.
The mountains were full of anthracite.

Coal as a mining waste byproduct seems more reasonable than million year old decayed vegetation.
Anthracite is 92-98% carbon. I dont think living objects have that high a percentage.

These Siberian slag heaps in the middle of nowhere may also tie into why Siberia has no old trees.
siberia.jpg

Last edited: