Did Cherokee Indians Build the Greco-Roman Architecture in the U.S.?

OP
OP
Searching

Searching

@anotherlayer

Even weirder is this entire thread was based on a comment KD found on reddit. Sometimes, I find the best stuff in the comment section.
I was intrigued finding his post under JonLevi's vid because it tied into the subject of this thread. Synchronicity likes to drop things in my lap sometimes.

Last edited:

anotherlayer

@anotherlayer lol

Even weirder is this entire thread was based on a comment KD found on reddit. Sometimes, I find the best stuff in the comment section.
I was intrigued finding his post under JonLevi's vid because it tied into the subject of this thread. Synchronicity likes to drop things in my lap sometimes.
Oh, oh. He made that comment on a JonLevi video. Got it.

GroundhogLfe

Personal stories are the best source sometimes for new tracks. Can't do character assasination or go for lack of credibility because of lack of videos, followers or no track record yet. It's good to keep all sorts of information flowing.

elaboration: I do support the idea of putting interesting comments here as well, they've lead to many great finds for me sometimes.

Last edited:

Laluna

Scott/Tsalagi(Cherokee) marriages were very common in Appalachia (Blue Ridge/Smokey Mnts) and it is a very distinct/noticeable ethnicity still to this day here. but until DNA testing can be DIY, I dont much trust any corporations results.

finding old public records of the south is very difficult not only because every court house was burned (with precision) but it has been an ongoing situation even to this day to steal and destroy any remaining ones.

we and many others can not even find a trace of family records. that is the main fact that makes me angry about all this stolen history. they struck our roots! an effort to sever all connections to the divinity within.

interesting read on the subject and even that is getting harder to find now: Into the LIGHT: (My) History Destroyed in Franklin County

there were several whistle blower sites on this a year or two after it happened, today it was difficult to find this one. really this region deserves its own thread. Franklin was at one time a State itself.

TNGenWeb Project, State of Franklin, East Tennessee Pre 1796.

and this Franklin North Carolina courthouse where the records were stolen (by the Feds) is on the Tennessee border.
Very true about records being destroyed. But in Louisiana I've heard more stories about pages being ripped out of family genealogies to hide non white blood.

When I get a chance I will see what I can find. A quick search from that time period does lead me to a creole/free colored Bell family. So depending on the definition of Cherokee/native there may be some truth in OPs post.

sonoman

Very true about records being destroyed. But in Louisiana I've heard more stories about pages being ripped out of family genealogies to hide non white blood.

When I get a chance I will see what I can find. A quick search from that time period does lead me to a creole/free colored Bell family. So depending on the definition of Cherokee/native there may be some truth in OPs post.
the very strange Laws of Louisiana (french origins) may be a factor with that. it is the most unique state of all in the union when it comes down to statutes, codes etc. and another problem is how the words white and black are interpreted. this is another deeply hidden subject that orginially had nothing to do with skin color but was twisted (attorn) into something else and used against us.

folks really need to know that red, white, black, yellow skin colors are not in any way an ethnicity or 'race'

sonoman

Never heard of this. What did they mean originally?
what I mean there is that many so called white men are not the same ethnicity/race just like many so called black men are not the same ethnicity/race.

the definitions of white and black as far as the earliest 'legal' meanings IIRC was to do with chain of titles/ heraldry but Im not sure now. I will dig into that again but it was not about skin color originally and was made into that. they have used it to polarize (charge up) the people and it certainly works that way well for them.

cthatruth18

what I mean there is that many so called white men are not the same ethnicity/race just like many so called black men are not the same ethnicity/race.

the definitions of white and black as far as the earliest 'legal' meanings IIRC was to do with chain of titles/ heraldry but Im not sure now. I will dig into that again but it was not about skin color originally and was made into that. they have used it to polarize (charge up) the people and it certainly works that way well for them.
This was mostly done to divide and conquer whites against blacks. Ask who benefits from this though.

The Russians in Russia today, i'm not sure if they are the original descendants. I believe Russia was inhabited by people called Scythians before. This guy has good videos on his channel. He says that WW1+WW2 was to destroy the Remains of Tartary by invaders, it was all a coverup job as well as the (((BOlshevik))) Revolution, Genocide and Murder of 50-60+ Million Russians, the people that may have been real Tartars. I've seen videos of a certain (((Group))) of people standing next to bone crushing machines, which I assume was to crush and dispose of the bodies in Russia as well as carrying dead babies. They had uniforms that had armbands on them with the 6 pointed star symbol on the armband. I will try to find the video if you guys are interested.

Check this place out too. https://www.as-gard.com You need Google Chrome and the translator Plugin to view unless you can read/write Russian.

Last edited:

whitewave

Frank Joseph in his book The Lost Colonies of Ancient America gives evidence of ancient Romans (and their influence) in the Americas. I had mentioned once before on this site that the "father of underwater archaeology", Robert F. Marx, made a find of a Roman sunken ship off the coast of Brazil which caused an international incident as the Roman government took it to be proof that Brazil was originally discovered by Romans, not Brazilians. It is now illegal to hunt for the more than 100 known shipwrecks off the Brazilian coast. Selling any Roman artifacts found in Brazil leads to jail time.
Many Roman artifacts have been found in Kentucky as well as in the N.E. United States. Romans apparently followed Phoenician ships to discover their trade routes. Phoenicians were known (and encouraged) to sink their own ships rather than reveal their trade routes. Undoubtedly some Romans succeeded as there is ample evidence of Roman influence in the Americas that date to more than a 1000 years before Columbus stumbled onto its shores.
There are several books and articles written on this subject. American Discovery by Gunnar Thompson, PhD; Six Thousand Years of Seafaring by Orville; Ancient American by Wayne May; Roman Relics found in Arizona by Earl Koenig; A Roman Era City in Arizona by James Grimes; The First Europeans to Reach the New World by Gary Fretz and many others.
Although it's a touchy subject here in Oklahoma, the Cherokee (Tsalagi) themselves are actually a branch of Creek Indian. Many Native Americans don't actually know their own history. Not surprising considering they were deliberately removed from it, made to dress like colonials, forced into re-education camps (schools), denied use of their native language, etc. John Ross is a big hero to the Cherokee people yet he was only 1/8 Cherokee (which is less than what is now required to get on the Cherokee rolls).
As far as Cherokee living in colonial manors, I seriously doubt that they were the originators of the manors. The elder stories of the Cherokee talk of a time before colonization when white men came and showed them how to build irrigation ditches, arched buildings, how to make adobe brick for building, etc. In turn, the Natives showed the white men indigenous plants and their medicinal and utilitarian uses. The tribes viewed the buildings as an oddity at best and a sacrilege at worst. They truly were hunter/gatherer peoples. There was quite a bit of intermingling with all the various overseas peoples who "found" America long before Columbus and, as far as the Cherokees at least, those "foreigners" were counted as part of the tribe even though they had no Indian blood in them (as long as they remained married to their native spouse). Even today, a white or black or Asian can count themselves as "Cherokee" if they remain married to their tribal spouse. There are also elder tales of a time before colonization when there were other "white tribes" in America, giants (with whom they warred), and "star people" (who led them from South America through underground caverns to deposit them in Kentucky and Georgia.)
If Cherokee lived in manors/colonial housing it's doubtful they built them (or the majority did not build such housing).

OP
OP
Searching

Searching

Cherokee Confederate reunion in New Orleans, 1903
1546028457523.png

Cherokee in the American Civil War - Wikipedia
Having just found out there was such a thing as the Cherokee Confederacy, I am beginning to think that maybe the Confederates were the Native Americans.

On a side note, it's very telling that a place involved in war is called a Theater. The Cherokee Confederates fought in Trans-Mississppi Theater, Western Theater, etc.
Theater of War- In warfare, a theater or theatre (see spelling differences) is an area in which important military events occur or are progressing. A theater can include the entirety of the airspace, land and sea area that is or that may potentially become involved in war operations.
Theater (warfare) - Wikipedia

All the world is a stage...

whitewave

A high admixture of racial adulteration in the above pic as native americans don't grow facial hair unless they've got some other ancestry added in their past. The front row guy (second from right) looks purely european. In fact, I only see 2 guys that look native (back, 3rd from right and maybe the guy to his right, and front row,far left).

And what are those white pennants with small triangles in their upper center being held by front row guys-far right and far left?

OP
OP
Searching

Searching

The before-mentioned mixture of Cherokee and Irish/Scottish can explain that.

William Holland Thomas (February 5, 1805 – May 10, 1893) was Principal Chief of the Eastern Band of Cherokee Indians(the only white man ever to be a chief of the Cherokee[1]) and was elected as North Carolina state senator, serving from 1848–1860. As a youth, he worked at the trading post at Qualla Town, where he learned the Cherokee language and befriended some of the people. He was adopted into the tribe by the chief Yonaguska, learned much of the Cherokee ways, and was named by the chief as his successor.
William Holland Thomas - Wikipedia

1546030900160.png

I am thinking I have to reassess my programming of what a Native American or Indian looked like. Since there is shared world-wide architecture, it makes sense that people had been mixing for some time and the native population of the Americas were not of one particular race.

That raises the question of who the natives were originally. Many speculate they are the Hebrew tribes. The Newark Holy Stones - Wikipedia, or Decalogue Stones could give some creedence to that.
On this stone were carved Hebrew text that was translated to be a condensed version of the Ten Commandments. The name Decalogue Stone, comes from the translation of the Hebrew letters that outline the religious and moral codes described in Exodus 20:2-17 and Deuteronomy 5:6-21, which refer to the Decalogue or Ten Commandments.
1546031497698.png

Then, there is the Los Lunas Decalogue Stone - Wikipedia. The stone is controversial in that some claim the inscription is Pre-Columbian, and therefore proof of early Semitic contact with the Americas.
1546031618506.png

The similarities between the Hebrew tribes and Native American Tribes are pretty remarkable.

By the early 1800's, if most Native Americans (whoever they were) were of mixed ancestry, there is a whole lot of world history we are missing (as usual).

milhaus

I am thinking I have to reassess my programming of what a Native American or Indian looked like. Since there is shared world-wide architecture, it makes sense that people had been mixing for some time and the native population of the Americas were not of one particular race.
You might like this thread:
Five dollar Indian

Also, this one:
1863 Russian involvement in the US Civil War

"May be we should keep in mind a possible North American Tartarian connection as well. Who were the Confederates, and what slowed down the westwardly advancement? Could it be a hypothetical Tartarian resistance? What is the real reason for the Confederate monuments becoming a target these days? " - KD

0harris0

not a big thing but had to bring it up

"Belle Grove... ...in Iberville Parish, Louisiana
if I'm not mistaken, Iber =/= Hebrew (right?) so Hebrew-ville? [the spanish hebrews from Iberia right... or even the Irish ones from Hibernia hey!?]

wiki says it's named after a French guy called Pierre La Moyne... but I'm calling BS as d'Iberville means "of Iberville" so surely his namesake comes from the place, not the other way round?!? And I can't imagine a Frenchman would name a place after something unrelated to himself

sonoman

hi 0harris0 and welcome to the SHF

not a big thing but had to bring it up

if I'm not mistaken, Iber =/= Hebrew (right?) so Hebrew-ville? [the spanish hebrews from Iberia right... or even the Irish ones from Hibernia hey!?]

wiki says it's named after a French guy called Pierre La Moyne... but I'm calling BS as d'Iberville means "of Iberville" so surely his namesake comes from the place, not the other way round?!? And I can't imagine a Frenchman would name a place after something unrelated to himself
I have heard others make that connection too (iberu = hebrew) Ive also heard that the District of Columbia is connected to Iberio America in someway but dont recall the details about that.

it is an ancient and very significant practice connect mans names to land names. Jesus of Nazareth, and here are some notable modern examples of this nomenclature:
GettyImages-953341440.jpg

princewilliambirth.jpg GettyImages-953341440.jpg

tupperaware

A high admixture of racial adulteration in the above pic as native americans don't grow facial hair unless they've got some other ancestry added in their past. The front row guy (second from right) looks purely european. In fact, I only see 2 guys that look native (back, 3rd from right and maybe the guy to his right, and front row,far left).

And what are those white pennants with small triangles in their upper center being held by front row guys-far right and far left?

Altai and Ainu genes in North American ancestry providing genes for facial hair?
Evidence of a Recent Common Ancestry between Native Americans and Indigenous (Siberian-) Altaians … and Japan