19th century: Radium Heating Systems?

chauffage.jpg

En L'An 2000: 19th century vision of the year 2000

radium_source-1.jpg

1903 book

A few years ago I went on a little road-trip with my wife. Somewhere in Utah we stopped at this place called Fort Bluff. It's a neat recreation of the old fort. In one of the huts there was the stove below. I'm pretty sure you can see what attracted my attention. My wife laughed at my radiation remark, and said that it was simply a window to monitor the fire. In other words it was just a coincidence. Well, I think there is no coincidence here, and below you will see why.
  • As a matter of fact, I think this stove window is the only reason for the radiation symbol we have today.
  • I also think that this is a sort of mockery performed by the PTB.
Proposed radioactive fuel usage: heating, cooling, lighting, powering... pre-20th century that is. Obviously I do not know how far back it goes.

Yes, I do suggest that the below 19th century stove, in its original design, was meant to use radioactive fuel for heating. I also suggest that the stove pipe is a much later addition. In its original design, the below stove did not need any exhaust.

utah_trip.jpg

Radiation Symbol
The international radiation symbol first appeared in 1946, at the Berkeley Radiation Laboratory. At the time, it was rendered as magenta, and was set on a blue background. The original version used in the United States is magenta against a yellow background, and it is drawn with a central circle of radius R, an internal radius of 1.5R and an external radius of 5R for the blades, which are separated from each other by 60°. The trefoil is black in the international version, which is also used in the United States.
radium_source-1.jpg

Source
The sign is commonly referred to as a radioactivity warning sign, but it is actually a warning sign of ionizing radiation. Ionizing radiation is a much broader category than radioactivity alone, as many non-radioactive sources also emit potentially dangerous levels of ionizing radiation. This includes x-ray apparatus, radiotherapy linear accelerators, and particle accelerators. Non-ionizing radiation can also reach potentially dangerous levels, but this warning sign is different from the trefoil ionizing radiation warning symbol.

Radium
This here is probably the most boring section, but I promise to go through it quickly. Radium, in the form of radium chloride, was discovered by Marie and Pierre Curie in 1898. They extracted the radium compound from uraninite and published the discovery at the French Academy of Sciences five days later. Radium was isolated in its metallic state by Marie Curie and André-Louis Debierne through the electrolysis of radium chloride in 1911.

Curie_and_radium_by_Castaigne.jpg

Radium

Radium is a chemical element with the symbol Ra (right?) and atomic number 88. Pure radium is silvery-white, but it readily reacts with nitrogen on exposure to air, forming a black surface layer of radium nitride (Ra3N2). All isotopes of radium are highly radioactive, with the most stable isotope being radium-226, which has a half-life of 1600 years and decays into radon gas (specifically the isotope radon-222). When radium decays, ionizing radiation is a product, which can excite fluorescent chemicals and cause radioluminescence.
  • Ionizing Radiation is radiation that carries sufficient energy to detach electrons from atoms or molecules, thereby ionizing them. Ionizing radiation is made up of energetic subatomic particles, ions or atoms moving at high speeds (usually greater than 1% of the speed of light), and electromagnetic waves on the high-energy end of the electromagnetic spectrum.
  • Fluorescence is the emission of light by a substance that has absorbed light or other electromagnetic radiation.
  • Radioluminescence is the phenomenon by which light is produced in a material by bombardment with ionizing radiation such as alpha particles, beta particles, or gamma rays. Radioluminescence is used as a low level light source for night illumination of instruments or signage. Radioluminescent paint used to be used for clock hands and instrument dials, enabling them to be read in the dark. Radioluminescence is also sometimes seen around high-power radiation sources, such as nuclear reactors and radioisotopes.
  • Radium is about a million times more radioactive (more then that) than uranium and, under the influence of the heat released, emits an attractive blue colour.
  • The origin of the name comes from the Latin word radius meaning ray.
Radiator
Radiators are heat exchangers used to transfer thermal energy from one medium to another for the purpose of cooling and heating. The majority of radiators are constructed to function in automobiles, buildings, and electronics.

ornate-cast-iron-radiator.jpg

The radiator is always a source of heat to its environment, although this may be for either the purpose of heating this environment, or for cooling the fluid or coolant supplied to it, as for engine cooling.
Radium Madness
With the discovery of Radium (in my opinion rediscovery), the society went bananas and started sticking radium into just about everything. We are talking about soap, toothpaste, male ED enhancements, chocolate, tea, coffee, food, cigarettes, cosmetics, bath salts etc.

And who knows, may be they were right in doing so. The narrative tells us that with time scientists understood the danger of radiation, and the madness stopped.
  • The Radium Girls story appears to be the reason for the about-face on everything Radium related. These girls were painting dials. The Wiki article does not really mention that girls were licking paintbrushes. I am no expert on radiation, but may be licking Radium was not the smartest of uneducated choices. On the other hand, may be licking paint for months or years was not the smartest thing either. One way, or the other, the narrative says that girls were dying from radiation.​
    • Could this be a "false flag" type verdict to rid the public of radium? I think it could, and may be poor girls died of some chemical poisoning not directly related to radiation.
I do not know how many girls worked for the dial company, and how many of them eventually died of the alleged radiation exposure. This is not a part of this post of mine.

radium-girls.jpg

Those who want to find out are welcome to research on their own. I will just add a few things I ran into:
  • Dozens of women, known as "radium girls," later died of radium poisoning.
  • It is estimated that by the 1920s as many as 4,000 workers were hired at companies across the United States and Canada to paint radium dials.
  • Mae Keane, One Of The Last 'Radium Girls,' Dies At 107
Based on the amount of Radium containing products, there had to be way more dead people, and not only our Radium Girls. People had to be dropping left and right. Yet this "put Radium into everything" lasted well into 1930s.
  • Than again, may be this is how they killed everyone off.
Personally, I would like to know how much of this Radium they were producing in the first quarter of the 20th century to have enough for everything they had it in.

Radium Heating
I think it's fairly obvious that this entire Radium driven tech was scratched by the PTB. Some things are obviously out there, but any detailed info appears to be gone. To be honest, it reminds me of the fate suffered by them Zeppelins.
Whatever we have left is rather circumstantial, and for the most part limited to images. Judge for yourself what conclusions we could make.

The most interesting heater advertisement from the early 20th century came from the Novelty Manufacturing Company of Jackson, Michigan. Their advertisement offered something much better than the old coal standby. Novelty advertised its “X-Radium” heater as the best and latest heating technology. An advertisement boasted that “one of its chief advantages is the fact that it requires no fuel. . . . the heating pad consists of a stamped steel receptacle filled with a substance which will attract itself heat rays and retain the heat attracted for several hours. The substance they used was radium. Radium was an intriguing new material to manufacturers, who found a spot for it in a number of products, even toothpaste! In the first years of the 20th century the deadly power of radium was not yet understood and the idea of resting one’s feet on a container of radioactive material did not sound as terrifying as it does to today’s consumers.

radium_1.jpg

I believe this X-Radium foot heater is not to be confused with similar looking Clark and Lehman Coal Heaters.

Radium Heating
The practical mind at once sees radium in use as a new source of heat and light for mankind, a furnace that would never have to be fed or cleaned, a lamp that would glow perpetually - and the time may really come, the inventor having taken hold of the wonder that the scientist has produced, when many practical applications of the new element may be devised. At present, however, the scarcity and cost and danger of radium will keep it in the hands of the experimenter.
heating with Radium-2.jpg

Illustration shows a vignette cartoon with at center a group of six men, among them John D. Rockefeller and E.B. Thomas, warming themselves by a stove labeled "Standard Oil"; the vignette at bottom left shows Andrew Carnegie burning "U.S. Steel Bonds" and Charles Schwab attempting to burn "Steel Common" stocks, on the right is Chauncey Depew burning speeches; on the middle left is a tramp resting against a haystack in the warm sun, on the right is William Jennings Bryan generating hot air while speaking to a group of farmers; and on the top left is a family burning the furniture in a fireplace, and on the right is E.B. Thomas sitting in front of a fireplace where a lump of "Radium" is warming the room.

I do understand that just about any stove, furnace, fireplace or oven can be adapted to burn wood, coal, gas or oil. At the same time I think that some of the below ones were originally designed for the Radium-type fuel. As in no ashes, and no smoke.
  • Once again, I do understand that officially these were for wood, coal, oil or gas.
Additionally, I think that some of the below "heating" contraptions were not originally meant for heating.

piranesi_fireplace.jpg

fireplace.jpg
]
fireplace2.jpg

Radiators
radiator_1.jpg

Furnaces
portable_furnace.jpg

1875 Book

zurich_stove.jpg

furnace-71.jpg

furnace_13-11.jpg

Range Stove
oven_1.jpg

1876 Philly: Stoves, Ovens, Furnaces
oven_stoves_1.jpg

1909 Seattle
30 years later. Same stuff?
ranges,_stoves_and_furnaces,_Alaska-Yukon-Pacific-Exposition.jpg

1936: Flash Gordon serial
The Sky City is the home of the Hawk Men, led by King Vultan. The city is kept aloft by gravity-defying rays, which are produced by shoveling radium into the city's Atom Furnaces.

Prince Vultan's sky city runs on radium.jpg

KD: Anyways, I think there is a high probability that none of these stoves and fireplaces were originally designed to be vandalized by the burning wood or coal. They are too beautiful, and in my opinion compliment the buildings they were meant to be in. May be this is why we do not see any heating arrangements in the older buildings.
  • And may be the cool looking engine of the Great Eastern was powered by something similar.
  • Also we need to remember that wigs use was revived in the 16th century. Why. Did they loose all their hair?
I doubt that Radium is the same name the ancients would have used. That is if they ever used any radioactive substance. But if they did, I doubt we would be allowed to know the name.

As far as Marie and Pierre Curie go. I think they were in the same boat with Tesla, Mendeleev and many others. I think due to being talented chemists they were given some books containing the above mentioned tech. They were supposed to bring it back, and they did.

Well, these are just some thoughts of mine...

Hey great article on the topic. Particularly like the vent = radioactive sign.

This makes my mind wander to - The 6th most common manuscript found among the Dead Sea Scrolls and was part of the Hebrew Scriptures of Jesus’ day. It says that the church does not recognize as the word of god. Though they have survived and they must have some value to have made it this far out of antiquity or else why is it here.

ON TOPIC: I colored the citations red for the gold heat/light generating rods.

SIDE NOTE - for funzies: I colored the reply I found it odd that the cherub just says "Well." (lol!) when the angel removing stuff from the garden. The guardian is just like "cool" or or if Liam Lynch was in the position, he'd reply "Whatever." haha...

Chapter XXIX - God tells Adam of the Devil's purpose. (v. 4).

1 But when the merciful God saw that Satan wished to kill Adam with his many tricks, and saw that Adam was meek and without guile, God spoke to Satan in a loud voice, and cursed him.

2 Then he and his hosts fled, and Adam and Eve remained standing on the top of the mountain, from there they saw below them the wide world, high above which they were. But they saw none of the host which time after time were by them.

3 They cried, both Adam and Eve, before God, and begged for forgiveness of Him.

4 Then came the Word from God to Adam, and said to him, "Know you and understand concerning this Satan, that he seeks to deceive you and your descendants after you."

5 And Adam cried before the Lord God, and begged and prayed to Him to give him something from the garden, as a token to him, wherein to be comforted.

6 And God considered Adam's thought, and sent the angel Michael as far as the sea that reaches India, to take from there golden rods and bring them to Adam.

7 This did God in His wisdom in order that these golden rods, being with Adam in the cave, should shine forth with light in the night around him, and put an end to his fear of the darkness.

8 Then the angel Michael went down by God's order, took golden rods, as God had commanded him, and brought them to God.

Chapter XXX - Adam receives the first worldly goods.

1 After these things, God commanded the angel Gabriel to go down to the garden, and say to the cherub who kept it, "Behold, God has commanded me to come into the garden, and to take from it sweet smelling incense, and give it to Adam."

2 Then the angel Gabriel went down by God's order to the garden, and told the cherub as God had commanded him.

3 The cherub then said, "Well." And Gabriel went in and took the incense.

4 Then God commanded his angel Raphael to go down to the garden, and speak to the cherub about some myrrh, to give to Adam.

5 And the angel Raphael went down and told the cherub as God had commanded him, and the cherub said, "Well." Then Raphael went in and took the myrrh.

6 The golden rods were from the Indian sea, where there are precious stones. The incense was from the eastern border of the garden; and the myrrh from the western border, from where bitterness came over Adam.

7 And the angels brought these things to God, by the Tree of Life, in the garden.

8 Then God said to the angels, "Dip them in the spring of water; then take them and sprinkle their water over Adam and Eve, that they be a little comforted in their sorrow, and give them to Adam and Eve.

9 And the angels did as God had commanded them, and they gave all those things to Adam and Eve on the top of the mountain on which Satan had placed them, when he sought to make an end of them.

10 And when Adam saw the golden rods, the incense and the myrrh, he was rejoiced and cried because he thought that the gold was a token of the kingdom from where he had come, that the incense was a token of the bright light which had been taken from him, and that the myrrh was a token of the sorrow in which he was.

Chapter XXXI - They make themselves more comfortable
in the Cave of Treasures on the third day.
1 After these things God said to Adam, "You asked Me for something from the garden, to be comforted therewith, and I have given you these three tokens as a consolation to you; that you trust in Me and in My covenant with you.

2 For I will come and save you; and kings shall bring me when in the flesh, gold, incense and myrrh; gold as a token of My kingdom; incense as a token of My divinity; and myrrh as a token of My suffering and of My death.

3 But, O Adam, put these by you in the cave; the gold that it may shed light over you by night; the incense, that you smell its sweet savor; and the myrrh, to comfort you in your sorrow."

4 When Adam heard these words from God, he worshipped before Him. He and Eve worshipped Him and gave Him thanks, because He had dealt mercifully with them.

5 Then God commanded the three angels, Michael, Gabriel and Raphael, each to bring what he had brought, and give it to Adam. And they did so, one by one.

6 And God commanded Suriyel and Salathiel to bear up Adam and Eve, and bring them down from the top of the high mountain, and to take them to the Cave of Treasures.

7 There they laid the gold on the south side of the cave, the incense on the eastern side, and the myrrh on the western side. For the mouth of the cave was on the north side.

8 The angels then comforted Adam and Eve, and departed.

9 The gold was seventy rods*; the incense, twelve pounds; and the myrrh, three pounds.

10 These remained by Adam in the Cave of Treasures**.

Similar articles

Back