Elongated skulls and their implications on the past

What do you think elongated skulls represent?

• Skull binding

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Ancient royal bloodline

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • Complete hoax

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nephilim

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Aliens

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Undecided

Votes: 11 45.8%

• Total voters

trismegistus

Paracas_skulls.jpg maxresdefault.jpg hqdefault.jpg Brien-Foerster-elongated-skull.jpg
27173670_10210902690951059_3322695962914629012_o.jpg Akhenaten-Egypt-Tours-Portal-1.jpg Pope-Fish-Hat.jpg

Mainstream Explanation
Artificial cranial deformation or modification, head flattening, or head binding is a form of body alteration in which the skull of a human being is deformed intentionally. It is done by distorting the normal growth of a child's skull by applying force. Flat shapes, elongated ones (produced by binding between two pieces of wood), rounded ones (binding in cloth), and conical ones are among those chosen. Typically, it is carried out on an infant, as the skull is most pliable at this time. In a typical case, headbinding begins approximately a month after birth and continues for about six months.
Weird flex, but ok. I suppose that could explain the shape, but it certainly begs the question: Why?

Let's check in with our pals over at Snopes, the modern authority for quickly debunking your conspiracy theorist friend because they're on their third beer and talking about ancient aliens.
We found no credible academic sources or publications corroborating the claim that DNA taken from the skulls found at Paracas was not human in origin or abnormal enough to warrant further study. The practice of purposely elongating skulls is well known to anthropologists, and while academics may debate the motivation certain societies had for doing it, there is no scientific debate over whether those societies were human.
It's well known, huh? Academics are debating the motivation? Guess we're going back to Wiki, then.
One modern theory is cranial deformation was likely performed to signify group affiliation, or to demonstrate social status. Such motivations may have played a key role in Maya society, aimed at creating a skull shape that is aesthetically more pleasing or associated with desirable attributes.
Ah, the old "we don't know what it is so they obviously used it as a status symbol" card. So, let's follow the source.
It could be aimed at creating a skull shape which is aesthetically more pleasing or associated with desirable attributes. For example, in the Nahai-speaking area of Tomman Island and the south south-western Malakulan, a person with an elongated head is thought to be more intelligent, of higher status, and closer to the world of the spirits
I guess I'm going to have to take their word for it, since they don't provide any sources on the Malakulan. Also a strange quirk about this "source" I found on Wiki - they use their own paper as a source for a claim...in the same paper. It's been a few years since I've been in the academic world so maybe I forgot how to read bibliographies, but I digress.

When it comes to these mainstream sources, reading between the lines can usually result in some interesting insights. For example: what sticks out to you here?
  • The earliest suggested examples were once thought to include the Proto-Neolithic Homo sapiens component (ninth millennium BC) from Shanidar Cave in Iraq, and Neolithic peoples in Southwest Asia
  • The earliest written record of cranial deformation - by Hippocrates, of the Macrocephali or Long-heads, who were named for their practice of cranial modification
  • In the Old World, Huns also are known to have practised similar cranial deformation
  • In Late Antiquity (AD 300–600), the East Germanic tribes who were ruled by the Huns, the Gepids, Ostrogoths, Heruli, Rugii, and Burgundians adopted this custom
  • The practice of cranial deformation was brought to Bactria and Sogdiana by the tribes who created the Kushan Empire
  • In the Americas, the Maya, Inca, and certain tribes of North American natives performed the custom.
  • In North America the practice was known, especially among the Chinookan tribes of the Northwest and the Choctaw of the Southeast.
  • The practice of cranial deformation was also practiced by the Lucayan people of the Bahamas
  • and it was also known among the Aboriginal Australians
  • In Africa, the Mangbetu stood out to European explorers because of their elongated heads
  • Friedrich Ratzel reported in 1896 that deformation of the skull, both by flattening it behind and elongating it toward the vertex, was found in isolated instances in Tahiti, Samoa, Hawaii, and the Paumotu group, and that it occurred most frequently on Mallicollo in the New Hebrides (today Malakula, Vanuatu)
  • In the region of Toulouse (France), these cranial deformations persisted sporadically up until the early twentieth century; however, rather than being intentionally produced as with some earlier European cultures, Toulousian Deformation seemed to have been the unwanted result of an ancient medical practice among the French peasantry known as bandeau, in which a baby's head was tightly wrapped and padded in order to protect it from impact and accident shortly after birth.
Let's assume for a second that this poorly sourced collection of cultures who elongated skulls is true - - this practically seems like a global phenomenon. Is there any area of the world that is left out? So, if the theory is true that long skulls signified intelligence and connection to the spirit world, then there must be some sort of global archetype that most old cultures emanate related to a long skull.

Does this not imply that there was a previous race or bloodline of spiritual, intelligent humans/entities that created this global archetype?

Look at the big brain on Brien...
Brien Foerester is one of the leading researchers that covers this topic extensively. If you have an hour or two to dedicate to it - he was on a recent episode of The Higherside Chats that is definitely worth checking out. I highly recommend listening to it first, as I'm only really dipping my toes into it in this post.

I will start by saying that Brien does not dismiss the practice of skull elongation in other cultures, more importantly he makes a distinction that a small percentage of the elongated skulls they find are not results of purposeful elongation. DNA tests were performed on the skulls found in Paracas in South America.

Some of their initial DNA analysis revealed that the elongation was not just caused by artificial cranial deformation, but rather by genetics with some of the elongated skulls cranial volume being up to 25% larger and 60% percent heavier than conventional human skulls. This means that they could not have been intentionally deformed through head binding or flattening, as cranial deformation can change the shape but does not alter the volume or weight of a skull.
This pretty much invalidates the "mainstream" theory that this phenomenon is not natural, as the skulls that have undergone purposeful elongation still had the same weight and volume of a normal human skull. Moreover, these skulls have features that are completely unique compared to a human skull:
every human jaw has a small hole on either side which is for nerves and blood vessels to exit and feed the tissue there; these 2 holes at the back of the skull may perform the same function for the elongated skull...
...The other factor is that there is only one parietal plate, where there should be 2.
FoersterB6-8.jpg

Moreover, here is a statement from Foerester himself back in February:
“The DNA results actually were incredibly complicated… It’s gonna take me some time to actually figure out what the results mean. What it does show for sure is that the Paracas elongated skull people were not 100% Native American. They were a mix or even you could say, in some ways, a hybrid of different people. Their blood types are very complicated as well, they should be blood type “O” if they’re 100% Native American and that’s not the case. We are likely looking at a sub-species of humanity as regards to the Paracas… Seems to be a lot of DNA evidence from extreme eastern Europe and extreme western Asia. More specifically I’m talking about the area in between the Black Sea and the Caspian Sea where ancient elongated skull people lived I think about 3000 years ago. So I think we are looking at a migration pattern starting in the Caspian Black Sea area and then entering through the Persian Gulf and then moving eastwards eventually winding up on the coast of Peru. So that’s the hypothesis Im developing now...

...We had 3 medical experts with us – Dr Malcom Warren (Chiropractor), Rick Woodward (Anthropologist) and Dr Michael Alday (Medical Doctor) and all 3 of them stated quiet emphatically that because of the abnormalities found with some of the Elongated Skulls from the Chongos cemetery in Peru they have no other choice but to state that some of these ancient Paracas were a sub-species of humanity… it had to be genetic, they had to be born with these abnormalities. They had dark red hair… the royal Paracas were the ones with elongated heads, not the common people… the royal family of the Paracas, they lived in subterranean underground houses and I think the reason for that is that they had light-colored skin, probably sensitive eyes because of the extreme sunshine…”
Pretty sure we can pull out a few stolen history nuggets from his statement. DNA traces from areas close to civilizations like Tartary, with red hair and lived in subterranean underground houses. Its a veritable bingo board of SH material!

P1012858copy.jpg skull-paracas.jpg 461_o.jpg

Ancient Astronaut theorists suggest....
Maybe I am not doing this side of the research enough justice, but if you are curious there are hundreds of hours of poorly crafted YT videos talking about Nephilim on earth, using these skulls as an example.

If I can be frank, I think the alien/Nephilim connection as its portrayed online is more or less complete disinfo. I think it is disinfo specifically designed to let websites like Snopes and Wiki call this a conspiracy theory and pseudoscience. Note how the takedown of this theory has little to do with the actual research being done on the skulls - - only that they are in no way these aliens/angels that shows like Ancient Aliens loves to talk about.

Moreover, searching "elongated skulls nephilim" will bring you lovely articles from Alex Jones, our friendly neighborhood limited hangout. You can also find many apocalyptic Christian sites using these skulls to further their own agendas.

Maybe I'm being a little too harsh and dismissive of this side of the argument. If anyone feels that there is more meat on these bones, please chime in.

My Two Cents
There are a small percentage of these discovered skulls that are not Homo Sapien Sapien. This species is tangentially related to the Global Civilization talked about on this forum. It is possible that they possessed special traits or a close connection to nature in a way we do not understand. It is also possible that this species attempted to keep its bloodline intact, and were revered and worshiped by their respective civilizations. This reverence led to the elongating of baby skulls to emulate this species. Eventually, through global cataclysms or social upheaval this line was more or less eliminated from history. Did this species put their big brains to use to create all the lost technology we find on here, like boring machines and wireless electricity?

Let's talk about it.

Last edited:

Ice Nine

I was happy to see the Moai with their red "hats" on, which I think is showing red hair. Perhaps the red haired cone headed folks were the last of some of the survivors of one of the major cataclysmic events I think have happened here. And they traveled around to ruined lands looking for and helping survivors. They had to have stopped off at Easter Island.

461_o.jpg

I think I'll have to pick undecided. Are their head shapes natural and real? well for corn sakes yes. And of course many many are the results of humans trying to mimic them, they must have seemed like Gods. And their legend lived on for a long time.

Maybe for some reason they couldn't reproduce, if they were a hybrid species, there could have been two other similar beings who had the offspring, to make a red conehead being. Just spitballin' here, for some reason they died out. And hybrid animals can't reproduce.

I don't think they are Alien to this planet, but there could have been some Alien intervention in their creation. Or not, I used to lean pretty far into the Alien camp, but over the years I've really come to believe everything has been us all along. who knows, we might have been to the point where were creating weird hybrids (again) and doomed to keep repeating ourselves.

nothingnew

Monkey see monkey do? Pretty simple explanation if you ask me. They have witnessed rulers with elongated heads so they thought it must be what separates them from the common folk. The deformation of the skull through head flattening or binding can and does not explain that the elongated skulls have not as many "parts" as a regular skull. On top of that, no matter how you bind and elongate it, the volume will stay roughly the same.

BStankman

Different race of Earthy hominid. Possibly not extinct.
With and estimated average IQ of 120.
Rumored to to be close enough to interbreed and create hybrids that do not have the ability to reproduce.

skull difference.jpg

Or you can choose to believe that Homo Sapiens Sapiens in the epitome of evolution.

Ice Nine

Different race of Earthy hominid. Possibly not extinct.
With and estimated average IQ of 120.
Rumored to to be close enough to interbreed and create hybrids that do not have the ability to reproduce.

Or you can choose to believe that Homo Sapiens Sapiens in the epitome of evolution.
Oh you just had to throw that monkey wrench in.
Move the occipital bun up a bit and you could have the makings of a conehead hybrid. Also the conehead skulls have a rather robust jaw, much like neanderthal.

@KorbenDallas this was found in Bolivia, but I think this is how most of the skulls were found in Peru, or atleast the majority of them, I could be wrong, somebody else might know for sure, I'll investigate more later. And also drat! this is a young woman who was pregnant and had a large headed unborn baby. I can't recall how tall the Cone Heads were. They must know, I thought they were tall, maybe the tall head makes them seem taller. :D

elongated-skulls-patapatani-1.jpg

Researchers in Bolivia find two skeletons with abnormally elongated skulls
This is skull HUGE.

OP
OP
trismegistus

trismegistus

I've got another podcast to listen to, for those interested in this topic. This interview feature Steven and Evan Strong, two researchers in Austraila who focus on strange hominid skeletons. Not the elongated skulls per se, although the ones they are finding in AUS are quite peculiar in their own way.

043-Copy.jpg

Returning to the bizarre shaping the massive eyed skull, it is not so much the orbital diameter, but the actual overall shape that requires a lot of thought and provides no comparison. At its widest margins of 10 cms beside the eyes, the face is very flat with little curvature, so too is what begins a centimetre above the eye-brow ridge, the skull recedes back so dramatically for 12.5 cms and again is almost level. In combination the skull takes on the shape of a slightly curved rectangle with a centre of balance that has to be deeper and different to that of all the rounder and less recessed hominin skulls. That demands a neck placement and physiology that has to also be ‘unhominid-like.’
21919552_10214139959629816_1597223923_n.jpg
Remaining facially inclined is the indentation above the eye, it deserves magnification and a detailed examination rather than denial, simply because the same depression is absent above the other eye. That leaves four options, a mutation in the face, a natural feature to that strand, accidental or intentional heavy impact or surgery. Two of these choices, which happened to be my pre-inspection favourites, impact or incision, have now fallen by the wayside. What is apparent is that there is no evidence of any incision, impact point, percussion bulb or chipping, there is a clean and smooth surface with no signs of trauma.
045-Copy.jpg
Moving further on and past the face, two bones, one a complete femur and the other the broken larger section of an incredibly long and inordinately thin humerus, make a fascinating and totally contradictory pairing that warrants a lot more thought and comparison...

...However, the femur measures 42 cms and matches exactly when placed against my femur and my height is 1.7 metres, so the two limbs measured are in contradiction with each other by no less than a metre. And the inconsistencies only multiply when factoring the very thin width of the arm. It is far too thin to effectively do anything except hang limply, a maximum of one centimetre across is an insufficient base to carry the muscles and tendons needed to create any power or strength. It beggars belief that the arms could be so long, at least ten centimetres longer than a gibbon, yet be so weakly constructed and unable to do anything except spectate. If this arm was formed in a location where the gravity was half what it is on this planet, it then becomes a viable appendage with the ability to move and lift more efficiently. As things are suspended on this planet this is a bad design, the arm is really doing no more than waiting for another chance to break.
Source

Most of their research indicates that the origin of hominids came from Australia, and that these skeletons are anywhere from 30-45,000 years old. This is based off Archaeology that they have conducted, as well as compiling stories from Aboriginals. They also seem to imply that this particular species may have either adapted to space travel, or is a space traveling species from the get-go. Even stranger (take it for what you will) is their claim that once these skeletons are removed from where they are discovered, illness and misfortune begin until the skulls are re-buried in the Old Way.

The elongated skull topic fits nicely in with this newer material. I think it is clear that humans have not been the "dominant" humanoid species for very long. And by dominant, I mean not only numbers but also in brain capacity. These species were straight up smarter than us as a whole. The ending paragraph of the last article I linked asked the question I wanted to ask better than I could put it, so I will leave this:
What if? What if we are right in our belief that the two recessed skulls are examples of non-Earthly ancestry? If they came here a long time ago, then could it be that in the immediate future when this Awakening takes place the same beings, and possibly other Alien races, could return to assist and magnify?

What if we took this one step further? What if one being is extra-terrestrial in origin and the other Denisovan, and together they bred an off-shoot we now call Homo sapien sapiens? Could this union be between the oft cited Adam and Eve the experts assumed to be African?

Ice Nine

More to think about, from the descriptions as I was reading along I immediately thought of an Alien being who lived on a planet with lesser gravity.
Almost sounds like they are describing the Aliens from Close Encounters, frail, with inordinately long skinny arms, big eyes.

I didn't remember them looking quite so cheesy though.

grey_1977_01.jpg

Regarding the question you posed. I don't believe we could cross breed with a totally alien species to this planet. I do however think DNA/genetic tinkering went on in the past. For two species to breed they have to be from within the same genus.

Last edited:
OP
OP
trismegistus

trismegistus

Regarding the question you posed. I don't believe we could cross breed with a totally alien species to this planet. I do however think DNA/genetic tinkering went on in the past. For two species to breed they have to be from within the same genus.
Well, we have soft disclosure of cloning and genetic hybrids through CRISPR (if its being trickled into the public eye now, typically that means we've had the tech for at minimum several decades), I would say that these beings of advanced intelligence could certainly figure out a way to create hybrids that bypass the genus restrictions.

Ice Nine

Well, we have soft disclosure of cloning and genetic hybrids through CRISPR (if its being trickled into the public eye now, typically that means we've had the tech for at minimum several decades), I would say that these beings of advanced intelligence could certainly figure out a way to create hybrids that bypass the genus restrictions.
Man, have I not been paying attention big time. :eek: Oh sure there is that then. Jeez, we are following in our creator's footsteps.

ShemTov

Mythology would seem to indicate that originally these pointy headed people could possibly be the "victims" of a long migration. The babies carried in slings by migrating mothers for long periods could possibly have deformed heads. Genetically the folks in Iran and Anatolia who first have this deformation were paleolithic Europeans who possibly migrated when Europe flooded at the end of the ice age.

OP
OP
trismegistus

trismegistus

Mythology would seem to indicate that originally these pointy headed people could possibly be the "victims" of a long migration.
The mythology of whom? I'm not necessarily discrediting what you are saying, but the research I've done on the mainstream and alternative side hasn't mentioned this as a possibility.

Also, it seems like skull binding as a practice involves much more than just wrapping a baby in slings.

Elongated-Skulls.jpg

Moreover the skulls I am discussing in this thread did not get that shape through deformity, as they are thicker and have a large volume than normal human skulls (among other things). Even the above photo showing the methods in which to do this process don't really square with the "results" in the photos surrounding it.

Ice Nine

I do not think these are the result of head binding, squishing or cradle boarding and yes of course that went on in many many cultures, but these are something entirely different.

a2-4.jpg
elongated-skulls-patapatani-1 (1).jpg

craneos-alargados.jpg

craneos-paracas-skull.jpg

I had a dog and Bingo was his name-o!
@trismegistus "Pretty sure we can pull out a few stolen history nuggets from his statement. DNA traces from areas close to civilizations like Tartary, with red hair and lived in subterranean underground houses. Its a veritable bingo board of SH material! "

Here is the Russian connection to the skulls, very interesting.
Russian origin of Peruvian elongated skulls?

Last edited:

UnusualBean

Technically some hybrids can reproduce, and sometimes species from separate genera (that's a new word I didn't know lol) can create hybrids too. And that's without gene manipulation.

I have no idea what those people were, but all the evidence seems to indicate that until recent history several different human species used to coexist, and these people could've easily been one of them.

Ancient Astronaut theorists suggest....
I totally read that in the voice :LOL:

ShemTov

The mythology of whom? I'm not necessarily discrediting what you are saying, but the research I've done on the mainstream and alternative side hasn't mentioned this as a possibility.

Also, it seems like skull binding as a practice involves much more than just wrapping a baby in slings.

View attachment 13452

Moreover the skulls I am discussing in this thread did not get that shape through deformity, as they are thicker and have a large volume than normal human skulls (among other things). Even the above photo showing the methods in which to do this process don't really square with the "results" in the photos surrounding it.
Well there is the original reason it happened and then there is the reason they continue. The pointy head could be a sign of nobility or heritage [having been a visible product of the great migration]. The migration period of Europe has pointy headed people involved.

If we are talking about the pointy skulls of iran then the mythology of the zoroastrians and the flooding of Yimkard could apply. I have read that some feel the vara of Yima has been discovered.

OP
OP
trismegistus

trismegistus

If we are talking about the pointy skulls of iran then the mythology of the zoroastrians and the flooding of Yimkard could apply. I have read that some feel the vara of Yima has been discovered.
Do you mind expanding on this further? I will admit I know next to nothing about Zoroastrianism and ancient Iran, and I was able find very little content via online searches related to the flooding of Yimkard. How is this connected to a species of human with elongated skulls?

ShemTov

Do you mind expanding on this further? I will admit I know next to nothing about Zoroastrianism and ancient Iran, and I was able find very little content via online searches related to the flooding of Yimkard. How is this connected to a species of human with elongated skulls?
Sure.

relationship between first farmers of Iran and Zoroastrians {Ganj Darra]

skull deformation Ganj Darra Neolithic

Yima is the same story as Noah basically only its not a boat but a huge cowpen built on high ground that saves the selected few.. Also works for Atlantis I guess.

OP
OP
trismegistus

trismegistus

Thank you @ShemTov for providing some more background.

The big question here is: did this culture know that they were emulating ancient nobility that were of a completely different species, or was it simply a cultural "meme" passed down from a past society that they had little knowledge of? To be honest I don't know if I buy the idea that they were emulating the heads of babies that were elongated due to wrapping them during intercontinental travel. The reason I don't is because of all the evidence I posted previously - - that there were, in fact, a species on this earth that naturally had these features.

OP
OP
trismegistus

trismegistus

fair enough.
keep in mind that genetically its a late paleolithic European male haplogroup [r1b] that is the second most common amongst all indigenous males.

the inca and manco capac migration

maya migration myth

peace
Not sure if I understand. Can you sum up in your own words how Ancient Iranian history, Ancient Mayan history of migration, and a common haplogroup shared by indigenous males combines to explain these skulls? Specifically the skulls that are totally different from human skulls in not only thickness and volume, but also lacking the plate structure that human skulls have at birth. Are you implying that Mayans and Ancient Iranians all have a shared ancestor in Europe? I'm willing to entertain that idea, but I still have no idea how it applies to the thread at hand.