Friesland: The Island That Time Forgot

PangaeaRepub

I also have a video where Rockall (UK) seems to match the description of Atlantis, but I'd imagine it's Thule... As in my many videos I explain Azores and Bahamas are much better candidates for the capital of Atlantis, though I generally remain neutral with my theory Atlantis was a carbon copy of 1500s Portugal... I suspect they even used old Atlantis maps once they had ocean-ready ships. I admit it's some inductive logic to assume Rockall is Thule but process of elimination is one of the few logical things I can use for such a tricky subject... Cheers
@PangeaRepub: I fear you are wrong, the maps with Frisland all show Ireland as well in the correct location.
I've talked this out with people, it's possible it got mixed up over time, and just thrown on there... the port cities are hard to miss... and when you properly de-crypt the map... the entire shape of Ireland lines up perfectly I think at 6,200 BC ocean levels.

I very recently have started to consider Brasil (mythical island) - Wikipedia could the Rockall... maybe that's also Thule

Last edited:

PangaeaRepub

What does Thule have to do with Friesland? Am I missing some connection?
There are quite a few Island myths... I believe there could be overlapping ones and mistaken ones... I think Thule/Hy-Brasil are both Rockall potentially.

Lots of people are trying to say Frisland was Rockall but they don't look the same, not at all. I'm giving an alternative explanation, because people don't respond well to "ur wrong but I don't know what it is"

KorbenDallas

Negotiator
This thread is for a specific island of Friesland. Let’s avoid bunching up all islands in one place. For any other island, especially of the Thule’s magnitude, a new dedicated thread needs to be opened.
Post automatically merged:

when you properly de-crypt the map... the entire shape of Ireland lines up perfectly I think at 6,200 BC ocean levels.
How do we know 6,200 BC ocean levels?

PangaeaRepub

This thread is for a specific island of Friesland. Let’s avoid bunching up all islands in one place. For any other island, especially of the Thule’s magnitude, a new dedicated thread needs to be opened.
Post automatically merged:

How do we know 6,200 BC ocean levels?
Pause my screen on the videos I post where I'm showing the ocean levels... there's some super helpful tools online. It's hard to see but there is some tints of blue for the old sea levels and stuff, it's +/- 10 meters... and you can tell by matching up the meltwater pulses....

http://www.arcgis.com/home/webmap/viewer.html?useExisting=1
add the ocean basemap

For some reason this stopped working... this one also applies fisherman maps... but it suddenly stopped working... shame https://maps.ngdc.noaa.gov/viewers/bathymetry/

OP
OP
dreamtime

dreamtime

I've talked this out with people, it's possible it got mixed up over time, and just thrown on there... the port cities are hard to miss... and when you properly de-crypt the map... the entire shape of Ireland lines up perfectly I think at 6,200 BC ocean levels.

I very recently have started to consider Brasil (mythical island) - Wikipedia could the Rockall... maybe that's also Thule
Looks like the Italian version of Frisland is some kind of forgery. They basically took the names of the cities from the Faroer Islands. Maybe they took the shape from Ireland.

But from studying the maps it is clear to me there is no historical connection whatsoever between Frisland and Ireland, please study the maps carefully before jumping to conclusions.

This guy: The Frisland Finesse: A Tale of Two Islands makes a good case for some confusion regarding Frisland and Iceland, whatever the case I don't think Frisland and Ireland should be thrown together.

KorbenDallas

Negotiator
I understand that the web service says so. Where is the knowledge about anything, including water levels 8,200 years ago coming from. What are the sources?

PangaeaRepub

Looks like the Italian version of Frisland is some kind of forgery. They basically took the names of the cities from the Faroer Islands. Maybe they took the shape from Ireland.

But from studying the maps it is clear to me there is no historical connection whatsoever between Frisland and Ireland, please study the maps carefully before jumping to conclusions.

This guy: The Frisland Finesse: A Tale of Two Islands makes a good case for some confusion regarding Frisland and Iceland, whatever the case I don't think Frisland and Ireland should be thrown together.
Whatever you say about fake maps... I'm hesitant to write things off that don't fit your theory as "anomalies" the mainstream likes to do that a lot... who knows really it's too long ago to know anything... Cheers

I understand that the web service says so. Where is the knowledge about anything, including water levels 8,200 years ago coming from. What are the sources?
Common sense here if you look at Meltwater pulse 1A - Wikipedia

and just line up the depths my man!!!

Cheers!

PangaeaRepub

There is a speculative model with no sources there.

What are the sources?

Wikipedia says Sahara is 12k or so years old, but is it really?
It's not speculative at all... it's the mainstream stuff my man. We know the exact temperatures and sea levels in the last 13,000 years :) Wikipedia is kept honest by millions of people. The Sahara was either created in 10,800 BC or 6,200 BC, I can't say for sure when the mega tsunami scraped it dry... I've made some videos on that... Richat isn't the capital of Atlantis, but it is probably an outpost. The mainstream is wrong to say over-farming made it go dry with the rains... it's been bulldozed by water.
I'm not going to rest my reputation on this, but I've suggested that Stephen Mehler is correct to say the pyramid casings were destroyed in a cataclysm... I just think that cataclysm was a mega tsunami... I dunno... it makes sense... the geology is complicated how that and Tanis got exterminated...

I would make a video saying the Pyramids were Tsunami bunkers but Egypt people are so pissy about everything

KorbenDallas

Negotiator
It's not speculative at all... it's the mainstream stuff my man. We know the exact temperatures and sea levels in the last 13,000 years :) Wikipedia is kept honest by millions of people.
Wikipedia is your source? It appears you are at a wrong place then, and this forum is not for you. For mainstream you will have to find a different place.

Cheers.

Heartfire25

Have just discovered this thread, having looked up Frisland after watching a video on YT. My family name is Freeland, so it really stuck out to me as I've always been passionate about the name and its meaning in this controlled world.

I had never heard of Frisland ever before, so am just starting to dig. I am going to bet there's no mistake about this place, only intentional covering up of its history for some reason. Blaming our predecessors as mistaken or ignorant is a favourite and easy write-off, just like "conspiracy theory".

TH Dialectic

Most historians are limited to the textbooks and cliche opinions. Most of their numerous opinions and teachings are based on a single source, which at close examination is not even a credible one.
Couldn't agree more, unfortunately this stems out further than historians alone.

Theoretical Physicists
Astrophysasists
Astronomers
Drs of Allopathic Medicine
Quantum Physicists
Teachers of the above

Living in the shadow of their predecessors, simply spewing out illogical jargon to confuse the layman.

On top of this, anyone questioning the current narrative is branded crazy or stupid.

TH

NorthHeavens

Maps being discussed in the following video starting at minute 18:

One topic is the missing island of Friesland, which has already been discussed at a history related forum:

Taken together, these various reports of Frisland and Buss Island tell a coherent story. In 1380 (correctly 1390) Frisland was large enough to support towns, agriculture, and a ruler named Zichmni who was powerful enough to conquer neighbouring islands. By 1578 it had shrunk to a much smaller island, which nevertheless was still fruitful and had woodlands. In 1589 (just eleven years later) it was surrounded by a vast icefield, and by 1671 it was barren and low-lying. It was never seen again. Many explorers came to the obvious conclusion: namely, that it had gradually subsided into the sea. Unless, perchance, a tiny speck of it still survives as Rockall. Rockall was annexed by the United Kingdom in 1972; it is the ultimate ‘remote Scottish island’, lying about as far west of Scotland as Norway is east. Being only a few yards in diameter it is completely uninhabitable.

Zichmni is the name of an explorer-prince who appears in a 1558 book by Caterino Zeno of Venice, allegedly based on letters and a map (called the Zeno map) dating to the year 1400 by the author's ancestors, brothers Nicolò and Antonio Zeno. Zichmni is described as a great lord of some islands off the southern coast of Frislanda, a possibly fictitious island claimed to be larger than Ireland and located south of Iceland.
According to the book, the letters provided a first-hand account of a voyage of exploration undertaken in 1398 by Prince Zichmni, accompanied by the Zeno brothers. The book claims that the voyagers crossed the North Atlantic to Greenland. A few recent authors speculate that they may have reached the coast of North America. There is disagreement among historians as to whether to accept the Zeno letters as valid.
Some proponents of the authenticity of the tale maintain that Zichmni was a Scottish nobleman named Henry Sinclair. However, other scholars have pointed to flaws in this identification and consider it extremely unlikely.
The first person to identify Zichmni with Henry Sinclair was Johann Reinhold Forster in 1784.

Haven't looked into it much, but I think this island deservers it's own thread. It disappears from the maps only at the end of the 17th century it seems, and stayed there longer than other supposedely mythical places like Hyperborea.

I will look into whether there are any historical sources mentioning some of the city names and update this post.

"Consensus" is that it's a fake phantom island: How to Put a Fake Island on the Map

Link collection of deeper discussion:​

Other links:​

Sorry, but Friesland is still. It is in Germany. Also that Language "Friesisch" wich is a German dialekt. Our "Friesen" and our Frisian houses with thatched roof. I've never heard of this Italian Zichmni, but will go through your report.

OP
OP
dreamtime

dreamtime

Sorry, but Friesland is still. It is in Germany. Also that Language "Friesisch" wich is a German dialekt. Our "Friesen" and our Frisian houses with thatched roof. I've never heard of this Italian Zichmni, but will go through your report.
What do you mean? This is specifically about the island called Frisland, and the Northern German area has been mentioned in my post.

The people living in Northern Germany are probably related to the people on the island.

Edit: It's in this post where the land area called Friesland is mentioned: this

Last edited:
Dreamtime and NorthHeavens, Friesland is also a province of the Netherlands.
friesland.png

The people in Friesland have their own traditional language. There are three Frisian languages (see here), and the West-Frisian version is spoken in the province Friesland on the mainland and on the islands, and in a small part of the province Groningen. Looking at old maps, I have often bothered about the disappeared island Friesland. I have no clear idea of a possible solution, but it seems to me that anyhow the following elements have to be considered together.
- The disappeared island Friesland
- The Frieslands in the Netherlands and in Germany
- The Anglo-Frisian language group and the three Frisian languages
- The Friesian islands in the the Netherlands and the North Frisian Islands in Schleswig-Holstein, Germany
- The fact that all Friesians are living along coasts and on islands.