Votes: 10 83.3%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm not sure

Votes: 2 16.7%

• Total voters

KorbenDallas

Negotiator
I was just gonna post a few images of several huge individuals but, as usually, ran into an issue with the alleged author of the books pertaining to the images of the Ancient Giants.

History of Egypt, Chaldea, Syria, Babylonia, and Assyria
History of Egypt, Chaldea, Syria, Babylonia, and Assyria.jpg

The below sketches displaying abnormal size humans(?) are allegedly from the above edition of the 1903 edition of "History of Egypt, Chaldea, Syria, Babylonia, and Assyria". One of the major contributors to these books was Angelo Solomon Rappoport.

Angelo Solomon Rappoport
Angelo Solomon Rappoport.png

1871-1950
This Angelo Solomon Rappoport does not have a Wiki page. As a matter of fact, I was unable to find his bio anywhere. May be I did not search good enough, but I also failed to find a single image containing this guys face. Yet, in the US alone, Mr. Rappoport has 150 works in 680 publications in 4 languages, and 6,282 library holdings. For someone who died in 1950 and had so many prominent historical works, this absence of info makes very little sense. In any case, if you have better luck with figuring out who this Angelo Solomon Rappoport was, please share.

The Giants
Muzri_20.jpg

Muzri_16.jpg

Muzri_29.jpg

Muzri_15.jpg

Muzri_30_1.jpg

Muzri_3.jpg

Muzri_1.jpg

Muzri_2.jpg

Muzri_13.jpg

Muzri_14.jpg

The Fasces?
Pretty sure those could be The Fasces. Were they even supposed to exist back then?

Muzri_21.jpg

Muzri_18.jpg

Muzri_17.jpg

Some things do not really change with time.
Source: History of Egypt Chaldea Syria Babylonia and Assyria (Choose - Read this book online: HTML)
KD: Well, those are the images of individuals who I think could have been of humongous size. What do you think, are those giants, or not? Also some of the images, and especially the ones in the actual books (there are hundreds of these images in there) have interesting, possibly tech related details. I think we might have a tank in there.

Additionally, if those are monkeys, they gotta be extinct by now, for they look like some genetic experiment gone wrong.

By the way, I only looked through two volumes. If you stumble into anything interesting, and related in any of the other volumes, go ahead and share with the rest.

Please feel free to comment.

WildFire2000

1.) Perspective, the larger ones are supposed to be closer than the others?
2.) Artistic Styling, they just liked making them look that way.
3.) The King in particular (and the others, if they're heroes) are larger because they had a reputation of being 'Larger than Life!'
4.) Detail. You can't show as much detail if you accurately depict the size differences between the animals and the people. You have to make sure everything fits.
5.) People back then were too stupid to actually understand how to draw perspective and sizes correctly, which is why all of the art from that period showed such drastic differences in sizes of people, animals, and their surroundings.

edit: - This was sarcasm and 'traditional' thinking. I don't think these are actually valid reasons for the artwork.

Last edited:
OP
OP
KorbenDallas

KorbenDallas

Negotiator
3.) The King in particular (and the others, if they're heroes) are larger because they had a reputation of being 'Larger than Life!'
4.) Detail. You can't show as much detail if you accurately depict the size differences between the animals and the people. You have to make sure everything fits.
5.) People back then were too stupid to actually understand how to draw perspective and sizes correctly, which is why all of the art from that period showed such drastic differences in sizes of people, animals, and their surroundings.
Personally see it somewhat differently. I think if all of the gigantic architecture with huge doors and pillars survived only through art, but not in reality, there would have been similar explanations to show us that those ancients were not really building huge structures? Kind of like the bigger doors were the entrances for the "Larger than Life" 5'10'' heroes.

I was always wondering who we were to thank for interpretations like these. Did any of them artists leave a comment along their work, or it's our attempt to make the official narrative more plausible?

UnusualBean

If it's to show perspective, why are there giants in the backgrounds?

If it's to show importance, why were nameless servants and laborers sometimes depicted as giants?

CyborgNinja

Muzri_14.jpg

"...erection of triumphal stele." Is this a first hand account of giants working stone? This is significant. Hes using a hammer and chisel.

Petra-opener.ngsversion.1518170432213.adapt.1900.1.jpg
Are the rock cut scultpures we find today done this way. It might just be possible to do if the size, tools and strength of the sculptor were scaled up. I assume the giants had much greater muscle strength than us. One of the big issues with megalithic buildings are the immense size of the blocks used. Were the giants to posses great strength like that of an ant (ten times its own body weight). That would help solve the problem.

ISeenItFirst

edit: - This was sarcasm and 'traditional' thinking. I don't think these are actually valid reasons for the artwork.
I know it's sarcasm, and for the most part I agree. That one shot where it shows giant archers sticking up out of buildings that are smaller than they are, does give a little credence to one or two of those explanations, though.

Ice Nine

Yes they are giants and I have been trying to find out anything in regards to Angelo Solomon Rappoport and despite being such a prolific writer, there is nothing about him, no records of his birth in the Ukraine and no record of his death any place that I could find in my internet sleuthing.

OP
OP
KorbenDallas

KorbenDallas

Negotiator
Rappoport died in Paris, 2nd of June 1950. He worked at some point at the Institut national des langues et civilisations orientales in Paris. Israel Cohen (the famous Zionist) wrote an obit for him in the Jewish Chronicle (London) dated 9th of June 1950. (Cant find the text of that though).
Have you seen any photos of the guy?

Musashi

Nothing. I agree its pretty strange someone this well regarded doesnt have a readily findable bio in any language I can think to try (english, french, ukranian, lithuanian)

He had another obit written by Rabbi historian David Feuerwerker. Havent found that yet either.

I'll have another crack tomorrow.

Ah, here's something.

Forgot to check encylopaedias of historians..

Page 443 / 444

Musashi

Not sure. I get the feel the guy was legit. Definitely proud of his heritage.

A lot of weird Jewish names ended up - and stayed in - a lot of weird places.

If Rappoport is a variation of Rapaport, this is probably relevant.

In 1380 we find the family in Regensburg in southern Germany and afterwards in Mainz. Following the numerous expulsions they wandered about Italy. From there, this family of rabbis, physicians, scientists, holders of titles of nobility and bankers spread northward to Vienna, Bohemia and Moravia (today the Czech Republic), Poland, Galicia, Ukraine, Russia and Lithuania. They also moved eastward to Hungary, Besserabia and Romania.
src