He says the Eye of Africa is the lost city of Atlantis

KorbenDallas

Negotiator
Ran into this video of a pretty popular YouTube personality. He thinks that the lost city of Atlantis is the Eye of Africa a.k.a. Richat Structure. Below is the video and the description provided with the video.

Eye of Africa
richatstructure.jpg

on the map

Not only did the lost city of Atlantis actually exist, but its true location has been hiding in plain sight for thousands of years, completely unnoticed, as we’ve been looking in all the wrong places... Since everyone assumes that it must be under the ocean somewhere, such as in the depths of the Atlantic Ocean or the Mediterranean Sea, which have long been considered to be the most likely places for its existence.

And no, I am not about to suggest that Antarctica is the hidden location of Atlantis, either. Because in this video, I am going to connect the dots on the exact words that Plato used to describe Atlantis, its location, and the geographical land features that surround it, which were recorded in Plato’s dialogues, the Critias and Timaeus.

And the details that Plato shared of Atlantis, which I’m about to share with you in side by side comparison, will show you that the Richat Structure located in Mauritania Africa, also commonly referred to as the Eye of the Sahara, or the Eye of Africa…is the most likely location for the lost city of Atlantis.

Related threads:
KD: What do you think about this gentleman's opinion, could this really be Atlantis?

BStankman

Wasn't that Rodger's theory? Right next to the dragon and leviathan.
That other guy got popular through his daily review of Q. And he has a silver play button.

It seems to fit well geographically. Technically it is east of the straights of Gibraltar , right?
It does look like there was water moving here.
The oldest maps of this area seem to have rivers that are no longer there.
Maybe something did drain out here.

400 year old Sahara Desert, or why people forgot everything they knew about Africa

OP
OP
KorbenDallas

KorbenDallas

Negotiator
Per Plato it’s west. Technically it’s not even supposed to be above water.

I personally think this Eye of Sahara is a big ass (excuse my french) explosion crater caused by an unknown weapon which is directly related to the emergence of the Sahara desert.

If we take Plato’s account of where he got the story from seriously, we have to consider that Plato’s uncle Solon was talking to some Egyptian Priests. If the Atlantis was simply on the other side of Africa, those priests would have said it this way. Why go into this Gibraltar pillar nonsense when Atlantis is your neighbor.

In my opinion if there ever was such a thing as this Atlantis capital in the form of the described city, Tenochtitlan would be one of the first candidates. Lake Texcoco had salt water in it.

ACDFA8FA-60AE-429D-9128-B88CCBFC637D.jpeg

Another thing I do not trust is this 11,500 years ago part. Oral tradition and everything. We have no oral or written tradition to tell us what dropped 15 feet of dirt on every 19th century city 150 years ago, yet we are talking about thousands of years with ignorant certainty :geek:

I used to think how our Plato, who was a child at the time and hiding behind a curtain while evesdropping on the adults, could memorize all this detailed Atlantis info.

Now, when I know that they dug out Plato in the 15th century, and all this ancient world can be pushed to about 5th-11th centiries, the survival of the story makes a bit more sense. Though I do not think any child-Plato was involved.

esgee1

This video seems more plausible to me. Now we just need to get to see the submarine data of this area below the ocean... Atlantis is fun subject to ponder on. Thanks for creating this website KorbenDallas (The Fifth Element is a fun movie!). I enjoy looking at all the old photos that you and others post.

BStankman

In my opinion if there ever was such a thing as this Atlantis capital in the form of the described city, Tenochtitlan would be one of the first candidates. Lake Texcoco had salt water in it.

Didn't the people in the land of the plumed serpent say they were civilized by people from Aztlan?

7a5e1c8a22b8e820ce0b740ff62c4412--antique-maps-vintage-maps.jpg
If the Atlantis was simply on the other side of Africa, those priests would have said it this way. Why go into this Gibraltar pillar nonsense when Atlantis is your neighbor.
Yes, that is very suspicious considering most of Greek history is made up to support made up Rome.
In the Odyssey, Homer relates the sea as a "big wine bowl." I take that as a clue they are not very experienced with the sea.
How much has sunk in the Mediterranean that is less than 400 years old?
10,000 years is pushing things back to confuse.

tile.jpg

I personally think this Eye of Sahara is a big ass (excuse my french) explosion crater caused by an unknown weapon which is directly related to the emergence of the Sahara desert.
The thunderbolt of the gods would explain this eye also. But their explanation requires the heavenly body Venus.

PrimalRed

Ran into this video of a pretty popular YouTube personality. He thinks that the lost city of Atlantis is the Eye of Africa a.k.a. Richat Structure. Below is the video and the description provided with the video.

KD: What do you think about this gentleman's opinon, could this really be Atlantis?
Very interesting and very strong correlations. To me this is absolutely the location of Atlantis. And I do believe Aztlan mentioned by the Aztecs was none other than Atlantis.

Look at this picture from visitingatlantis.com

IMG_3072.PNG

OP
OP
KorbenDallas

KorbenDallas

Negotiator
For me Atlantis has hard time existing as a stand alone city-island. Unless this island inhabited by an advanced civilization just fell from the sky, the Atlantis-like cities had to be all over the place, making it an advanced civilization inhibiting the entire planet.

PrimalRed

For me Atlantis has hard time existing as a stand alone city-island. Unless this island inhabited by an advanced civilization just fell from the sky, the Atlantis-like cities had to be all over the place, making it an advanced civilization inhibiting the entire planet.
The city of Atlantis was the capital of the Atlantis empire which surrounded it.

If you consider the huge scale of such a place, it should be evident that it was one of a kind. 23.5 km diameter gives a circumference of 74 km. On a tract of land that looks to be 1/10th the diameter in thickness, that gives 2.35x74 = 173.4 square kilometers on just the outer tract, with probably a similar area for the inner circle. New York is 784 km squared, so you are talking about a city half the size of New York, located on an incredible natural formation with stunning views of the mountains.

No doubt such a city would be one of a kind, especially in the old world.

Plato openly admits that this was knowledge passed onto him from sages, no?
Herodotus was a historian back then that recorded "history" but makes no mention of Atlantis, which is a red flag.
This could indicate that either Herodotus had no account of Atlantis because it didn't exist or that Plato inherited traditions that career historians just did not know and/or did not talk about. Herodotus was known to be initiated in some of the same mystery schools as Plato yet Herodotus never mentions Atlantis. That's right, the official historian makes no mention of Atlantis and this leaves me leaning towards this being an actual existing place. Plato is no historian but for some inexplicable reason I think deep down somewhere in our collective psyche we know he speaks the truth, whether you are willing to admit it or not; deep down you know too.

Now, I'm not saying Good Old Plato didn't embellish the story or even alter it before passing it along but I do feel he genuinely inherited ancient knowledge from the long gone past. The big issue is the ever elusive burden of proof. The Richat Structure is just as good a location as Bimini Road or Yonaguni when we are talking about a retelling of a retelling of an ancient history that has long been gone from the Earth and most likely only preserved via verbal tradition.

OP
OP
KorbenDallas

KorbenDallas

Negotiator
I think our ancient authors could end up being medieval authors, which would perfectly explain the absence of the originals. Additionally when we factor in that the 15th century was the age of fake historical document production, all our “ancient” catastrophes, and other events might suffer some serious time scale adjustments. Like getting moved to 1000-1600 time frame.

That I will elaborate on at a later time, for those who are interested.

As far as Atlantis goes, it’s enough to look at one of the earlier maps, to see that even 400 years ago this world’s continents and other land masses looked very differently. Plato’s description has enough clear instructions placing it outside of Africa. At the same time if that civilization was that advanced, it could have had similar cities all over the place, including Africa.

Essentially our archaeologists do everything and anything to avoid digging, for they are probably too affraid to find something.

Sahara desert specifically has hundreds, if not thousands of cities and towns buried in sand. It does bot take a rocket scientist to figure out where they are at. Any of the 17th century maps would do.

I think our ancient authors could end up being medieval authors, which would perfectly explain the absence of the originals. Additionally when we factor in that the 15th century was the age of fake historical document production, all our “ancient” catastrophes, and other might suffer some serious time scale adjustments. Like getting moved to 1000-1600 time frame.

That I will elaborate on at a later time, for those who are interested.

As far as Atlantis goes, it’s enough to look at one of the earlier maps, to see that even 400 years ago this world’s continents and other land masses looked very differently. Plato’s description has enough clear instructions placing it outside of Africa. At the same time if that civilization was that advanced, it could have had similar cities all over the place, including Africa.

Essentially our archaeologists do everything and anything to avoid digging, for they are probably too affraid to find something.

Sahara desert specifically has hundreds, if not thousands of cities and towns buried in sand. It does bot take a rocket scientist to figure out where they are at. Any of the 17th century maps would do.
I am in agreement with you that IF Atlantis ever was, it most certainly was not just an island. I do not entertain that possibility the slightest.
I don't think the entire tale is fabricated but I most definitely lean towards the position, size, and shape of Atlantis to all be fabricated. I feel these details are somewhat obvious red herrings. One simply does not just reveal the exact location of supposedly the most advanced civilization to ever exist on Earth.

This is a fascinating theory, with some cool circumstantial evidence, but I'd need to see at least SOMETHING in the form of artifacts before getting too excited. I think it's possible, though. I believe Atlantis had to have been somewhere on the known continental shelves -- rather than an actual continent that "sank" -- because of Expanding Earth. When shrunken proportionately along rift zones, the continents fit together perfectly on a smaller globe with no oceans. The Mid-Atlantic Ridge is a continuous rift zone, with no Atlantis-sized hole. Check out this video, if you haven't seen the animation:

hqdefault.jpg

Radal16

I always thought Atlantis was in Antarctica. I was exposed to Graham Hancock at a fairly young age, so I may have some kind of disorder.
I literally laughed out loud at this, thanks for that.

I'm not convinced that a civilization existed that was called "Atlantis." I do know that there have been multiple high-technology civilizations on this planet that have been wiped out one way or another over time. There is evidence of them all over the place.

PrincepAugus

Lol, now Ancient Architects has a part two so soon. It's like Jimmy and him are competing:

I literally laughed out loud at this, thanks for that.

I'm not convinced that a civilization existed that was called "Atlantis." I do know that there have been multiple high-technology civilizations on this planet that have been wiped out one way or another over time. There is evidence of them all over the place.
I am in agreement with you that IF Atlantis ever was, it most certainly was not just an island. I do not entertain that possibility the slightest.
I don't think the entire tale is fabricated but I most definitely lean towards the position, size, and shape of Atlantis to all be fabricated. I feel these details are somewhat obvious red herrings. One simply does not just reveal the exact location of supposedly the most advanced civilization to ever exist on Earth.
I don't agree. I'd think it did exist, though it's not the origin civilization like many people said. I'd think there's even earlier civilizations, but not by super long time intervals. I agree with Jimmy's (Bright Insight's) theory more than Ancient Architects.

Last edited:

Maria

Found these websites that offer info about Atlantis. atlantis bolivia part 1 the lost continent and http://www.atlantismaps.com/comm_7a.htm I read that Netherlands was another option for Atlantis. When you see people that are six and seven foot in height range it added credibility to me. It was obvious that these people were not the original inhabitants to that area. From the tourist sights I saw they would have had to saw these people in half to fit the boats and houses. They claim that they have grown eight inches recently. How convenient.

PrincepAugus

Map mentioned in Bright Insight's third video about it:

They really need to stop mentioning "millions of years" and "slow movement", that way, it all makes sense why Atlantis is at the place where it is.