Inca Empire capital - Cusco in 1530s. Did it look European?

KorbenDallas

Negotiator
Well, it is getting pretty interesting. Next in line is Cusco. It was the historic capital of the Inca Empire from the 13th until the 16th-century Spanish conquest. You see anything wrong with its appearance? Somehow quite a few different artists chose to depict Cusco in a manner, which totally contradicts our today's concept of this Native American capital.

Pizarro and the Inca. An undated woodcut. Spanish rule in Peru was
consolidated in 1533 with the execution of the reigning Inca monarch.

Francisco Pizarro and the leader of the Incas.
Cusco in the background. (source)
Pizarro and Inca.jpg

1530s. Cusco in the background.

atahualpa_cusco.jpg atahualpa_cusco_2.jpg

The Siege of Cusco (May 6, 1536 – March 1537) was the siege of the city of Cusco by the army of Sapa Inca Manco Inca Yupanqui against a garrison of Spanish conquistadors and Indian auxiliaries led by Hernando Pizarro in the hope to restore the Inca Empire.

Below are a few images of Cusco in 1530s, and a bit later. European style or not? Could conquistador forces build this during war?

Almagro_en_el_Cuzco.jpg

Batalla del Cusco entre incas versus españoles

Batalla del Cusco (1536) entre incas versus españoles.jpg

1556 images

inca-city-of-cusco-peru-in-1556-after-the-spanish-conquest.jpg inca-city-of-cusco-peru-in-1556-after-the-spanish-conquest_1.jpg inca-city-of-cusco-peru-in-1556-after-the-spanish-conquest_2.jpg

Cusco before the Spanish arrived. Large file.
Image dated 1596 -
source

Pre_spanish_cusco.jpg
> It appears that Incas had some interesting architecture while they were getting conquered by the Spanish conquistadors. Makes one wonder who the real architects were.

Incas being slaughtered in Cuzco

Atabaliba_inca.jpg

Americae pars sexta, siue, Historiæ ab Hieronymo Bezono Mediolanese scriptæ

PrincepAugus

I love it when I get to see early European drawings of South America. They're so out of the ordinary, yet makes sense if you piece together. other valid ancient mysteries together. It is said that ancient Inca megalithic sites often have depictions of Caucasian stone carvings. Don't forget about the Sumerian Bowl as well. So it wouldn't be surprising to see European/Levant architecture in the Inca Empire.

In fact, the whole area looks eerily similar to Temple Mount.

mythstifieD

I've recently been digging into DNA migrations and as much as I want to believe it's got some sort of Phoenician connection (it might) I'm starting to wonder about a Russian connection. Their DNA is from the Russian region. Scientists claim its from a split 10,000 years ago but who knows. There is no question its there. I believe it's the C haplogroup. Considering the theories of the Tartarians and the anomalies in Russian history it might be that the Russians rediscovered the New World and built all sorts of forts and castles there with their descendents. When the Spanish got there they were damned if they were going to let word out that those weirdos from the East already claimed it, hence the big secret 100 year operation from the Vatican... Am I nuts?

OP
OP
KorbenDallas

KorbenDallas

Negotiator
Pretty sure the Americas were not unknown at the times. And the times were rough I assume. Whatever happened on a global scale, it stopped all the communications between the continents. It also altered the shapes of the continents.

Presenting the Americas as a newly discovered piece of land was requiring those “discoverers” to hide the signs (architectural and what not) of the same civilization which used to occupy the entire world.

My hypothesis that is.

OP
OP
KorbenDallas

KorbenDallas

Negotiator
Following DNA pattern in this manner would suggest that modern humans are relatively young species. Which is probably true.

Meanwhile sometime in the second half of the 18th century our ruin artists were depicting objects appearing out of this world. Some of them, very few, still exist today. Just a guess, but DNA of the creators of this type of architecture would have to be all over the place we call Earth. And most likely it’s not miserly 10,000 years we are talking about.

B979F2AF-C9CF-4CCF-9753-EE960CFB741F.jpeg DD8C7620-45CB-4247-AA53-43DB605EA74E.jpeg

That DNA we can not trace, because officially they never existed.

Older architecture provides two distinctive sizes of accomodations. One for “Gods”, the other one for us, the servants.

Our “rediscovery” of the World is pretty mysterious from many perspectives.

So Korben do you think we lived alongside giants at one point? I just can't get out of how out of place the scale of some buildings are, especially old churches. My city is filled with these examples and I hope to get some good pics and put up a thread about it soon.

OP
OP
KorbenDallas

KorbenDallas

Negotiator
We have too many items suggesting that they did. I am not even counting myths and legends here. Of course, you have to take into consideration the time frame those object were built. None of us enjoy complicating our own lives. So why do we think they enjoyed back then?

Who are those steps and door handles for? In addition to all the other things here: Possible books, weapons and musical instruments of the Giants

hungary_giant_door.png stairs for giants and men - PERU.jpg hungary-door for giants.jpg hungary-door for giants_1.jpg

Dirigible

I was very much into the giants of the past theory, but the idea they were around a lot more recently is very intriquing
Or, are still around... Perhaps that's why our history has been erased... They were more prevalent back "then" and are few now... To keep their power, they've erased themselves from history and direct from behind the scenes.

PrincepAugus

Or, are still around... Perhaps that's why our history has been erased... They were more prevalent back "then" and are few now... To keep their power, they've erased themselves from history and direct from behind the scenes.
So they're inside the hollow earth right now? I've heard of travels there always reveal the people living there are giants.

PrincepAugus

Ah ok, I'd still hold onto my EU/Hollow/Shrinking Earth theory in my headcanon though.

OP
OP
KorbenDallas

KorbenDallas

Negotiator
Gigantic or not, it is hard to explain why contemporary witnesses of the 16th century events depict Native American cities bearing distinctive European appearance.