Ancient Canals of the South-West coast of Florida

It's always encouraging to see that even back in 1877, there were individual explorers who had no idea who was responsible for building certain things. In this case we are talking about several canals in the south-west Florida. Obviously, Florida has way more than just "several" canals unaccounted for. Yet, having witnesses dated with 1877 and 1885 calling these canals ancient, has to mean someting.

canal11.jpg

There are two fascinating articles pertaining to these canals. Below are links to both.
  • Article #1 by Charles Kenworthy: Pine Island Canal in Port Charlotte Harbor, Possible Caloosahatchee Canal, and a canal north of Gordon Pass
  • Article #2 by Andrew E. Douglas: Possible Caloosahatchee Canal, and a canal north of Gordon Pass
Additionally, I posted article #2 in its entirety below. Though when compared, article #1 is no less interesting.

canal1a.jpg

canal1b.jpg

canal1c.jpg

canal1d.jpg

canal1e.jpg

One of the canals is (or was) located abouth 3 miles north of Gordon Pass. Article #1 refers to Gordon Pass as John's Pass. Today, John's Pass is located just west of St. Petersburg. It appears that today's Gordon Pass is the same John's Pass we see on the below map from article #1 .

A canal north of Gordon's Pass.
fl-map-1.jpg

Using the below map as a reference, we can see that John's Pass/Gordon Pass was pretty close to the Little Marco Pass in 1885.

fl-map-2.jpg

Source
Anyways, I was unable to find the first canal (above) on our contemporary maps. May be you have a better luck if you try.

The other canal is being described as a canal located just north-east of Fort Thompson.
  • Fort Thompson was a military post established during the Second Seminole War along the Caloosahatchee River in Florida.
  • The fort was named for Lt. Colonel Alexander Thompson, who was killed in the Battle of Okeechobee in 1837.
  • The settlement of Caloosahatchee was built around the fort, with a population of 13 in 1870.
  • It preceded LaBelle, Florida. (not a word about Fort Thompsonin the LaBelle wiki article)
fort-thompson.jpg

It's of interest, that a certain Caloosahatchee Canal is located in the related area today.
  • In 1881 Hamilton Disston, as part of a scheme to drain large areas of wetlands in the interior of Florida, had a canal dredged from Lake Okeechobee to Lake Hicpochee and through the lakes and wetlands to the west. His company removed the rock ledge that formed the falls and rapids below Lake Flirt, and straightened the upper reaches of the Caloosahatchee River. Various state and federal projects have widened and deepened the river since then. The conversion of the Caloosahatchee River into a canal drained Lake Flirt and the wetlands descending from Lake Hicpochee.
This Hamilton Disston sure was not looking for the shortest way to connect Lake Hicpochee to Lake Okeechobee.

lakes-canals.jpg

Additionally, article #1 had this to say about this possible ancient Caloosahatchee Canal.

art1-3.jpg

As far as the Pine Island Canal goes, I don't think I can see the canal mentioned in article #1. May be you can...

KD: A few weeks ago, I had to go to Miami and back from Sarasota. A decent portion of the east-west portion of I-75 is called the Allegator Alley.

all-all.jpg

Along the way, kept on wondering about the purpose of the canals going parallel to the roadway, and the volume of work required to build them.

all-11.jpg

This is not my photograph, but it reflects what about 80 miles of roadway look like.

alligator-alley-in-florida.jpg

After getting home, started looking for construction photographs. I can't say I found what I was looking for. But I ran into this from facebook.
  • On this day: Feb 11, 1968 Alligator Alley opens for traffic.
alligator-alley-in-florida2.jpg

Tell me they are not building a freeway in the middle of some pre-existing "ancient" canal.

Florida has thousands of miles of canals, both big and small. I have no doubt, that a good chunk of those is our doing. Yet, there are some that are highly questionable. It appears that it's much easier to "dredge" a pre-existing "ancient" canal than to excavate one from scratch. It's worth noting that this is what they call dredging:
  • Dredging is the act of removing silt and other material from the bottom of bodies of water.
  • Dredging is the excavation of material from a water environment.
If you have an opinion on the canals mentioned, please share.

I share your opinion that a lot of ancient canals were dredged, and new ones have been made in the 1900s. I made this slideshow of some notable Florida sites that I believe back this opinion. I also look at a lot of other places that I believe tie into Florida. Your research got me to check out a lot of places closer, and wow! It seems there was a technological channel civilization that got knocked into the dark ages for a bit. I think that technology from that time period survived, along with the knowledge about how to grow an artificial society. Secret societies might have been formed specifically to guard against the knowledge being diseminated, and they have been intentionally rebuilding the advances from the past, but in a way that I think is devoid of soul. It feels to me AI might be tied to the resets and if everything is electric, then imagine what an AI could do. Heck, maybe none of this is real, and it is the matrix. I assume certain channels were built by giants, and other being’s possibly. It’s my opinion they still exist subterranean, since the collapse of the so called vapor canopy, which created an environment unsuitable for certain intelligent life forms, since physical bodies of these beings were bigger and adapted for the old earth. The new earth was suitable for the smaller creature. Humans might have been made and used as avatars for the people that cannot live on the surface. Electric water beings, that can be hacked.

Last edited:
Not sure if this has been posted already. I dont find it from a quick search
Ancient Canal Builders - Overview

This journey started out with the discovery of a highly complex and technically advanced civilization, called the 'Ancient Canal Builders', which existed on the Atlantic and Gulf Coasts of the US, prior to 7,000 years ago. Remnant sunken harbors, channels and canals are very sophisticated construction projects, demonstrating a balance of engineering and construction capabilities that rival modern technologies. What we found was an entire network of canals and channels, mostly deteriorating into and under the existing water table, suggesting a very large, sophisticated, technically advanced culture built them.

I have not seen anything new from this person for some time. Not sure if he is still alive or not.

====edit=========
the volume of material cut, transported and disposed was roughly 45,000,000 (forty five million)cubic yards. At an average cost in dollars today of about $12 per cubic yard, this project looks like the beginning of a colossal engineering project in the $538,000,000 (MILLION) dollar range At this level of material, a minimum of technical machinery including dredge cutters, piping,barges and a whole range of equipment would be required. Although mega projects of this size have been accomplished in the past, using manpower alone, (such as the great wall of China),nothing on this order has ever been shown to have been done in the cutting and dredging of harbors of this size, while at the same time being involved with several other like projects, as demonstrated by Harbor 'H-2', about 65 miles distant,, and others like sites. Based on casual observation alone, it is evident this harbor was not completed with manpower alone, but with some very sophisticated machinery and equipment.

Last edited:
I share your opinion that a lot of ancient canals were dredged, and new ones have been made in the 1900s. I made this slideshow of some notable Florida sites that I believe back this opinion. I also look at a lot of other places that I believe tie into Florida. Your research got me to check out a lot of places closer, and wow! It seems there was a technological channel civilization that got knocked into the dark ages for a bit. I think that technology from that time period survived, along with the knowledge about how to grow an artificial society. Secret societies might have been formed specifically to guard against the knowledge being diseminated, and they have been intentionally rebuilding the advances from the past, but in a way that I think is devoid of soul. It feels to me AI might be tied to the resets and if everything is electric, then imagine what an AI could do. Heck, maybe none of this is real, and it is the matrix. I assume certain channels were built by giants, and other being’s possibly. It’s my opinion they still exist subterranean, since the collapse of the so called vapor canopy, which created an environment unsuitable for certain intelligent life forms, since physical bodies of these beings were bigger and adapted for the old earth. The new earth was suitable for the smaller creature. Humans might have been made and used as avatars for the people that cannot live on the surface. Electric water beings, that can be hacked.

Hi I just watched your vid. which was engaging, and happened to notice that at 52secs, 1.03m., 5.m., 7.03m. shows evidence of a (DC I think) electrical discharge pattern- it can be seen as the big 'lake' dumped right on top of perfectly squared lines at 7.56m too.
Andrew Hall talks about geographic patterns on Thunderbolts Project videos- he's an electrical/mechanical engineer among other things. I've tried to find just one of his videos to put the idea across but perhaps they are accumulative.
Anyway, the round shape of the electrical discharge pattern also suggests a way in which the chaos was (or could have been) inflicted that wiped out the functioning canal system all over Florida (in particular) but the Richat structure too (which he talks about now and then) and elsewhere throughout the globe.

Unbelievable video!! I never realized that we were looking at earthworks in the form of cut out land/water combos that form distinctive animal shapes! I saw a manatee, monkeys, a panther, several birds- WHAAATT?? How is this not known?

I have a collection of Florida screenshots as well from general perusing. Several focus on what undoubtedly used to be shell mounds. But how did I ever miss that collection of animals? This deserves a much closer look, surely someone has written about this…

I should have mentioned, that I even had snapped what looked like a strange collection of lines and shapes (above) but I now clearly see an artistic rendering of the side-view of a SKUNK! It has the stripes, the prominent head and foreleg, and the top left segment is the big bushy tail! I didn’t even know what I was looking at initially, just knew it was something.

If it was just this lone skunk, I wouldn’t be 100% convinced. But as shown in the video- in the company of a manatee, doe, birds, alligator, and so on, these are plainly animal effigies similar to the ones found in the Midwest. Only made with land and water as opposed to just land. Here is the doe’s neck and head from the video:
IMG_2656.jpeg

However, I’m stuck on a certain detail here. The earthworks of the Midwest, such as this one, Great Serpent Mound in Ohio-

View attachment 13175

Something like this seems easily capable of lasting several millennia. But a sculpture carved into a swampy area, only a few miles from the ocean in many cases… in hurricane alley? How long are these creations able to survive? I don’t know, but it doesn’t seem like they’d still be looking this crisp if more than 300 or so years had passed. Do these “swamp” animal effigies add significant weight to the theory that there was a highly advanced civilization in North America in the recent past? Florida is a highly intriguing place to find this since we already have so much evidence of ancient advanced civilizations there, but these artworks do not look ancient in the least.
Unbelievable video!! I never realized that we were looking at earthworks in the form of cut out land/water combos that form distinctive animal shapes! I saw a manatee, monkeys, a panther, several birds- WHAAATT?? How is this not known?

I have a collection of Florida screenshots as well from general perusing. Several focus on what undoubtedly used to be shell mounds. But how did I ever miss that collection of animals? This deserves a much closer look, surely someone has written about this…

I should have mentioned, that I even had snapped what looked like a strange collection of lines and shapes but I now clearly see an artistic rendering of the side-view of a SKUNK! It has the stripes, the prominent head and foreleg, and the top left segment is the big bushy tail! I didn’t even know what I was looking at initially, just knew it was something.

If it was just this lone skunk, I wouldn’t be 100% convinced. But as shown in the video- in the company of a manatee, doe, birds, alligator, and so on, these are plainly animal effigies similar to the ones found in the Midwest. Only made with land and water as opposed to just land. Here is the doe’s neck and head from the video:
IMG_2656.jpeg

However, I’m stuck on a certain detail here. The earthworks of the Midwest, such as this one, Great Serpent Mound in Ohio-

View attachment 13175

Something like this seems easily capable of lasting several millennia. But a sculpture carved into a swampy area, only a few miles from the ocean in many cases… in hurricane alley? How long are these creations able to survive? I don’t know, but it doesn’t seem like they’d still be looking this crisp if more than 300 or so years had passed. Do these “swamp” animal effigies add significant weight to the theory that there was a highly advanced civilization in North America in the recent past? Florida is a highly intriguing place to find this since we already have so much evidence of ancient advanced civilizations there, but these artworks do not look ancient in the least.

I should have mentioned, that I even had snapped what looked like a strange collection of lines and shapes (above) but I now clearly see an artistic rendering of the side-view of a SKUNK! It has the stripes, the prominent head and foreleg, and the top left segment is the big bushy tail! I didn’t even know what I was looking at initially, just knew it was something.

IMG_2656.jpeg

IMG_2654.jpeg

Last edited:
Hi I just watched your vid. which was engaging, and happened to notice that at 52secs, 1.03m., 5.m., 7.03m. shows evidence of a (DC I think) electrical discharge pattern- it can be seen as the big 'lake' dumped right on top of perfectly squared lines at 7.56m too.
Andrew Hall talks about geographic patterns on Thunderbolts Project videos- he's an electrical/mechanical engineer among other things. I've tried to find just one of his videos to put the idea across but perhaps they are accumulative.
Anyway, the round shape of the electrical discharge pattern also suggests a way in which the chaos was (or could have been) inflicted that wiped out the functioning canal system all over Florida (in particular) but the Richat structure too (which he talks about now and then) and elsewhere throughout the globe.
I’m intrigued by the same theory, and I definitely think there was a plasma event that changed chemistry and physics recently. A large comet interaction with the planet would melt some places. It would also bring super lightning discharges upwards towards the incoming charged mass. The ionic interaction with the earth would change the ionosphere. Carbon dating would need recalibrating along with everything electrical. Water would shift. Vibrations from the impact would completely obliterate most forms of matter within the radius. Shock waves would send water from deep below to the surface. When you go up north on satellite maps, you get that obliteration pattern. It’s possible that the amount of plasmas flowing throughout certain places like Northern Africa crossed over into laws of physics unknown and then we would need recalibration. Look at the petrifaction phenomenon, and the insta freeze at the magnetic poles.

View attachment 13177

View attachment 13175

I had many dreams throughout my life of catastrophes. The moment I used Google Earth when it first came out, everything I had seen as a dream became real. Water technologies are the past, and future. Quantum possibilities using organic matter of the entire realm are infinite. What is here?

The effigies are also in the forests and wetlands of North America. You can see them in the Great Lakes regions for example. Many are tree planting patterns, while others depict animals, and writing of some kind. I believe this might have been why the logging people went nuts in these regions. I know the CCC is given credit for replanting the forests, but some are ridiculously complex.

Why does it all look so new? That is where it gets murky. The Native American people were forbidden by law to practice their rituals and speak and teach their language up until 1978.

Southern Florida is canaled the whole way through. The Army Corps of Engineers takes credit for Olde World infrastructure and the Civilian Citizen Corps and Worker Progression Agency landscape it to match the narrative or erase any evidence. American Antiquarian is a history propaganda psychological warfare machine. The Olde World used canals alot more than today, the grid was filled in and now we are dependant on fake fossil fuels, evidences of the old canal grid are still found everywhere, you just have to train the eye what to look for. CCC did alot of work in New Orleans too, another major canal thoroughfare. Here is some other stuff I got on them and their fractal other-self, the Works Progress Administration

Similar articles

Back