Lady of Elche, and Lady of Guardamar: what are they wearing?

KorbenDallas

Negotiator
We have busts of two ladies wearing some bizarre looking headdresses. At least that is the version provided by the official history. Somehow, I am not so sure about the decorative purpose of these devices looking wheels attached to their head. Both busts were located in Spain, and are claimed to be from the 4th century BC. The Lady of Elche was located in 1897, and the Lady of Guardamar was discovered in 1987.

Lady of Elche
The Lady of Elche is a limestone bust that was discovered in 1897 at L'Alcúdia, an archaeological site on a private estate two kilometers south of Elche, Spain. It is currently exhibited in the National Archaeological Museum of Spain in Madrid. It is generally known as an Iberian artifact from the 4th century BC, although the artisanship suggests strong Hellenistic influences. According to The Encyclopedia of Religion, the Lady of Elche is believed to have a direct association with Tanit, the goddess of Carthage, who was worshiped by the Punic-Iberians.
  • claimed to be from 4th century BC. Located in 1897
Headgear (official): The originally polychromed bust is thought to represent a woman wearing a complex headdress and large wheel-like coils (known as rodetes) on each side of the face.

Dama_de_Elche.jpg

lady_of_elche_1.jpg

Dama_de_Elche_2.jpg

Dama_de_Elche_3.JPG

"The below presumed artifact was found in 1969 at the level of 6 feet below the surface and in virgin soil. Until I find reason not to, at this time I am taking the finders word for it. It would appear to be a buckle due to the apparatus on the rear of the medallion and it has a slight curvature. it is approximately 3 inches in width." - source

The Presumed Lady?... of Elche?
Dama_de_Elche_4.jpg

Lady of Guardamar
The Lady of Guardamar, is a limestone female bust, 50 cm high, dated circa 400 BCE, that was discovered in fragments in the Phoenician archaeological site of Cabezo Lucero in Guardamar del Segura in Alicante province, Spain, on September 22, 1987. A large piece of a stone rodete (wheel headgear) was found first, at a shallow depth. There followed other fragments of the bust of an Iberian lady, and one large piece included the headdress, face and neck, which were found to have similarities to the Iberian bust, Lady of Elche. The sculpture had been hammered to fragments and even burnt in places. These fragments were taken to the laboratory of the Provincial Archaeological Museum of Alicante, where restorer Vincent Bernabeu began with washing and identifying the bits, first the chin, then the lips, then collar and chest pieces, and many other fragments that did not fit together and were not part of the carved surface. The delicate and painstaking task of restoration began in October 1987 and was completed in June 1988.

As nothing from the site is more recent than 300 BCE, and the site flourished between 430 and 350 BCE, it seems likely that the Lady dates from 400 to 370 BCE.
  • claimed to be from 4th century BC. Located in 1987
Headgear (official): Claimed to be just a headdress.
Lady of Guardamar_1.jpg

Dama-de-Guardamar.jpg

Lady of Guardamar_2.jpg

Sources:
Buddhism Connection
The gentleman who wrote this article thinks that the "headdress" could be related to the Wheel of Dharmachakra.

wheel_Dharmachakra.jpg

The wheel is also the main attribute of Vishnu, the Vedic god of preservation. Madhavan and Parpola note Chakra sign appears frequently in Indus Valley civilization, on several seals. Notably, in a sequence of ten signs on the Dholavira signboard, four are the chakra.

Vishnu
Vishnu.jpg

Vishnu_1.jpg

* * * * *​
KD: Any ideas what purpose these headdresses could have been used for? (besides being decorations, of course)

As it stands, this is a decoration which was even recreated. Has to be real comfortable to wear, I assume.

lady_of_elche.jpg

CyborgNinja

This has been floating around on the internet for some time now. Sadly there is no real explination thus far. Looks to be purely ornamental. It is however an interesting relic of the ancients.

BStankman

Obviously the first bionic ear. Unfortunately all that was heard was the ocean.

But seriously, the similarity to Vishnu is there.

Both the wheel.
God_Vishnu_with_Lakshmi_and_Saraswati.jpg

How is this relevant?
And the androgyny.
1540807904703.png

Only two remain, and one was completely smashed.
Which leads me to think this was an oriental tradition the Moors brought to Spain.
The association with Carthage Tanit would also support this.
If you reject the Scaliger timeline.

According to The Encyclopedia of Religion, the Lady of Elche is believed to have a direct association with Tanit, the goddess of Carthage

Tanit was a Punic and Phoenician goddess, the chief deity of Carthage alongside her consort Baal-hamon. She was also adopted by the Berber people.

Ice Nine

Well talk about weird, just yesterday I posted about this, sort of. One gentleman found a pilar stone and he sees that figure carved in it and refers to it as The Tartessia Pillar. When I saw the statues with the strange headgear I instantly thought of the Hopi indians, I have been searching for a source for this hair style and it works for me.
Montana Megaliths
Sorry I have no idea what the original headgear on the Lady of Elche or any of them are for, but they almost acts as blinders and do seem exceedingly large for mere decoration. A simple explanation could be a communication device, receiving and sending messages from afar telepathically, but they needed something to boost the signals.

In the case of the Hopi's only unmarried young women wore this complex hairstyle. This is entirely unique to the Hopi's. An homage to The Lady of Elche?

Hopi.jpg
Tartessos from wackipedia, they are still good for an overview of a topic.

Musashi

The sizing of the whole.. lets call it Elches hat.. seems a bit over the top.

I had a play whilst I was on the phone..
I scaled a generic skull against the chin / jawline and where the nose / eyes were in the 3d model.

1540821605747.png

Seemed kinda small so on a whim I threw in one of the Peruvian elongated skulls and the bust of Nefertiti.

1540821719033.png 1540822380307.png

The slope on the face doesn't fit as neatly on the left but the skull does fill up the space better.
The one of Nefertiti (think it's her) fits even better still.

Sooo... could Elche be a conehead or is my lame photoshop work way off point?

Searching

The piece on top of her head reminds me of Buddha.
1540826376129.png

1540826432647.png

The top of his head symbolizes a pinecone.
1540826538751.png

The pinecone is symbolic of the pineal gland, or the 3rd eye, the 6th chakra or Ajna in Sanskrit.
Genesis 32:30 And Jacob called the name of the place Peniel: for I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved.

Peniel=Pineal. Chakra means wheel. When the 7 chakras are balanced, one has access to the pineal gland, which then allows him to tap into "God consciousness".

The 7 chakras are the same as the 7 deadly sins.
7,7, & 7 - Chakras, Sins, & Graces

The Pope with a pinecone:

1540827087364.png

1540827168724.png

The Buddha's ears are abnormally large, just like the wheels (chakras) on the side of Lady of Elche's head. That is because we come to this experience to listen and learn.

El=The
Che=I

El Che means The I. The Eye? The 3rd Eye?

When one asks, "Who am I?" The guru tells him to look inward, open his 3rd eye to see into himself.

El also means God, as in Elohim, Micha-El, Isra-El.
Maybe it's a symbolic reminder that I Am God.

Exodus 3:14 And God said unto Moses, I Am That I Am: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I Am hath sent me unto you.

3.14 is Pi, the center of the circle, or Source.

Last edited:

Musashi

Here's a very similar but different bust to the Elche one.
This is the only copy of this image I can find on the internet. tineye.com draws a blank which is rare.

According to (unverified and hard to substantiate) source it was found in Lebanon.

In about late 2016 I was doing a search on the Lady Of Elche looking for any new discoveries and a new set of images showed up, of course I know things are prone to disappearing from the net and so I downloaded all the images forgetting to research the details of the find. All I recall of the find is that the bust was found in Lebanon sometime in the mid 1900’s. A search today one will find all references to the original image, the discovery etc, has disappeared.
Source (well worth a read)

1540828185691.png

Original Elche for comparison

1540828529171.png
1540828611130.png

Last edited:

Veritas

Greetings all, I am glad to have found this, site Mr Dallas has done a fantastic job here as well as the many insightful posts . Now my thoughts that came to mind. Maybe this is tech that was used when the earths electro-magnetic power was being harnessed through the pyramid, high quartz obelisk,standing stones, on the energetic ley lines. Perhaps communication device of some sort ? audio like us? or maybe more advanced like telepathic enhancement.

Searching

Greetings all, I am glad to have found this, site Mr Dallas has done a fantastic job here as well as the many insightful posts . Now my thoughts that came to mind. Maybe this is tech that was used when the earths electro-magnetic power was being harnessed through the pyramid, high quartz obelisk,standing stones, on the energetic ley lines. Perhaps communication device of some sort ? audio like us? or maybe more advanced like telepathic enhancement.
Welcome Veritas! Yes, Dallas has done us a great service by setting up this site. We grow in numbers everyday, and I am thankful for that. It gives me hope.

BStankman

More evidence to me of, for lack of a better phrase, a one world culture in antediluvian times. There are far too many myths, legends and similarities shared in cultures all over the Earth.
Not going to argue that. The evidence you are talking about in Elche is right here.
Archivo:Basílica de Santa María, Elche, España, 2014-07-05, DD 08.JPG - Wikipedia, la enciclopedia libre

Flamenco and Spanish culture is fairly distinct in Europe.

The cone head theory is a great alternate explanation of why these were smashed and burned.
Cone heads and their followers were chased out of Egypt and Babylon prior to showing up in Rome.
The Vatican "pine cone" is no symbol of knowledge