Leonardo da Vinci: inventor or inheritor?

BrokenAgate

The Inventions of Leonardo Da Vinci

Last night, my brain decided to amuse itself with the question, "How many resets have there been?" Just when I wanted to go to sleep. And I thought that perhaps the previous resets could be tracked by the appearance of technology that was out of place for its time, and this led me to wonder, "Who was this Da Vinci guy, anyway?" One look at the list of his inventions and you just know he was extraordinarily gifted....or was something else going on?

leonardo-da-vinci-invention-sketches.jpg

Scuba gear, helicopters, armoured cars, a 33-barreled cannon (and I'm sure that number has no particular significance at all, nope, not a bit).... We're talking about the 1500s here! Did Leo really invent all this stuff, or did he come across a secret stash of old technology, and merely copied the instructions? Was he the inheritor of memories of a lost world?

His status as an illegitimate child put him at an educational disadvantage, but his intelligence got him noticed. Obviously, he possessed brains that the rest of us can't really comprehend. If he were alive today, his blog would have entries like, "Invented four new electric back-scratchers this morning before breakfast, for a grand total of nine."

But I wonder if that was helped along by some other agency, who saw his potential and used him for...whatever, I'm not sure. I mean, he invented all this stuff, yet it wasn't put to use for centuries! Kind of like the world expositions, where things like moving sidewalks and monster dynamo engines were introduced, but not used until a century later. They were really one last goodbye to the old technology before bringing out the new, inferior crap.

Am I off-track on this, or could there be something to it?

Ice Nine

Yeah, great idea/theory. Maybe he got all his information in a cave! He spent two years in a cave doing something. He could have very well found some hidden writings or technology, technical manuals, etc. Here is some info about his time in the cave. I really do like your idea to help pin point resets. (y)

What-happened-to-Leonardo-da-Vinci-in-the-mysterious-cave
"Leonardo went to the mysterious cave to master creativity with some sort of insanity to discover himself.
Other people would say, Leonardo went to the mysterious cave to master creativity from extraterrestrials with some sort of insanity to discover himself.

I have always been amazed in the accomplishments of Leonardo, so I feel it is somewhat sad to hear that one of history’s greatest geniuses was just a regular guy who copied extraterrestrials ideas. This is profoundly sad and an insult to Leonardo, and to the power of the human imagination

Found among Leonardo’s papers were a few personal anecdotes, composed just after his two-year disappearance between 1476 and 1478.
“Leonardo details his youthful adventure finding a vast and mysterious cave, he describes being on the edge of this dark cave, and saying that he felt terrified by the darkness of that cave and what might be within it. On the other hand, he felt a certain desire to try to understand what was in there.”
Spoiler Alert: Leonardo did not mention that he encountered with extraterrestrials.
Because Leonardo mentioned the cave as one of the few autobiographical notes he ever made, we can hypothesize that visiting the cave was a very significant event in his life. So why would, Leonardo da Vinci, who almost never wrote about his personal life choose to describe and write about this cave. Looks like the cave event was important to Leonardo.

What in the world was he looking at?

They’re often slightly creepy they’ve got this very strange presence to them. They are misshapen faces, elongated skulls, flattened faces. Very eerie, troubling, monstrous images.
Many people would think that Leonardo encountered creatures that looked like this, so Leonardo went to the mysterious cave to master creativity from extraterrestrials with some sort of insanity to discover himself."

OP
OP
BrokenAgate

BrokenAgate

Those drawings remind me of Brian Froud's fairies. He has always maintained that he actually sees fairies, and simply draws what he sees. I think Da Vinci may have had a fairy encounter in that cave.
I have always been amazed in the accomplishments of Leonardo, so I feel it is somewhat sad to hear that one of history’s greatest geniuses was just a regular guy who copied extraterrestrials ideas. This is profoundly sad and an insult to Leonardo, and to the power of the human imagination
And yet....What if it's true? Doesn't make him less special, IMO. How many other people are so blessed? At any rate, I am still left wondering about those inventions and their real origin. A cave full of secrets, that allowed him to become something more than just another painter? A disused back room in a library, containing the few remaining texts for working machines of the old age? Did Leonardo grow up watching his elders dig out buildings from a mud flood?​

sonoman

highly doubt he was adopted and think that is a pen name too. I do think inheriting memory is possible (could explain mandela affected and does explain natural 'instincts')

however, I figure that he and other folks with such extremely high intelligence are professional reincarnators because even with the highest of IQ, nobody can read that fast which is what it would take if one was starting from scratch to do all that.

IMO this is a sign of a lifetime of hyperspeed reading but yet still had time for a lifetime of all the other inventions, creations, illustrations, etc. etc. it doesnt add up.

either professional reincarnator with memory survival techniques (is it 'inherited' if they were your own from a previous life?) or access to a great oversoul memory bank and ability to instantly download from it. cant think of any other way to explain folks like that.

I think the strange illustrations may come from his 3rd eyesight gazing into the spiritual realm. lol

Ice Nine

I don't think ETs gave him information in the cave, it was just one take on what happened in said cave.

I think the notions that there is a vast pool of knowledge humans can tap into, or it's being shown to them by some force. Inherited memories is good too. I know Tesla said pretty much "things" just came to him, or he was being shown inventions and ideas. But Tesla did mention Aliens didn't he?

I've imagined that our brains hold every memory from all of our ancestors and we only have to be able to tap into it, which must be virtually impossible, but not completely, because some individuals have managed to garner more information than seems humanly possible, when you look at their individual accomplishments, inventions..etc.

Or DaVinci found some hidden records/technical manuals in a cave.

As is written in the book Genesis, the sons of God made love with the daughters of men, and they had children, in the time of the giants. Later the gods went away, but following the interbreeding sometimes humans are born with more divine qualities than others. Dante, Leonardo da Vinci, Shakespeare, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, this kind of people combining an amazing intelligence & artistic creativity, I see them as gods, or let us say halfgods. They communicate more directly with the parallel universe of forms which the ancients also called the world soul. Internet makes us humans happy, but is only a spatiotemporal simulacrum.

trismegistus

Maybe he got all his information in a cave! He spent two years in a cave doing something. He could have very well found some hidden writings or technology, technical manuals, etc.
Receiving information from caves, eh? Reminds me of another central figure in world history...
Spending many days in caves, an attempt to contact his guardian spirit, Muhammad eventually achieved his first revelation. Muhammad’s young wife, Aisha, narrated, as recorded in the Hadith:

And then the want of seclusion became beloved to him. He used to seclude in the cave of Hira to worship for many days and nights before going to see his family; and take provision for that. Then he would come back to (his wife) Khadija to take his food like-wise again till suddenly the Truth descended upon him while he was in the cave of Hira.
Muhammad was reared in one of the chief pagan centers of ancient Arabia. This pagan background inevitably made him susceptible to demonic influence. Muhammad’s father was named after the moon-god Allah. He continued to follow the god of his father as well as venerate the Black Stone. In Muhammad’s time, Arab custom incorporated the stone cult and involved rubbing sacred stones for divine assistance. This type of shamanic practice has been documented among many cultures throughout the world.
Muhammad often experienced epileptic type seizures. Whereby, he went into a catatonic state of mind. His symptoms included the following: collapsing to the ground, intense pains, sweating profusely, trembles and shakes, feverishness, turning red in the face, and falling into a trance state. According to one account from the Hadith, “He was sweating so much that the drops of the sweat were dropping like pearls though it was a (cold) wintry day.”[27] Sometimes the revelation would come to him in the form of a man or in dreams.
The entire occult/pagan history of Muhammed and the Black Stone (Saturn worship) is worth its own thread. However, I bring this up here in order to point out that there may be something to the idea of caves and interactions with spirits/ETs/Faeries/non-human intelligence. I live in an area with hundreds, if not thousands of discovered/unexplored caves and I have to say just being several feet away from certain ones can evoke a very strange feeling, like there is more to it than just being creepy and dark.

Pilgrim

First I'll address the topic of this thread before I meander off: My opinion is that Leonardo daVinci probably had some supernatural help. Whether he was blessed by this as @BrokenAgate stated above, I guess depends on whether you think it was divine inspiration or via occult/demonic means.

Now I'm going to meander...

It's interesting to consider that in the past, men and women entered caves to commune with extra-terrestrials/demons/faeries/etc. Maybe now that we're so "advanced" (cough cough...), we can make this type of channeling so much more complicated and perhaps more dangerous by building technological behemoths like particle accelerators and quantum computers.

This is a video of Geordie Rose [cofounder of D-Wave (quantum computers), cofounder of Kindred (A.I. and robotics)] speaking at a TechVancouver 2017 conference:

It's been a while since I viewed the video so I'm glad to have found a transcript of the relevant part of his speech. Keep in mind that Mr. Rose is an advanced degreed and trained physicist heading the first quantum computer company and a person who interfaces with corporations (like Lockheed Martin) and national labs (like Los Alamos).

EXCERPT FROM VIDEO:

After claiming that “we are right on the verge of a transition” to a near future when robots would replace human workers because they can do every single job better and cheaper, Rose said (6:17 mark), “What does this have to do with aliens?” He then cites what Sam Harris, whom Rose says he quite admires, said at a TED talk:

“So I’m the president of the United States. I received this message from the heavens. So my microwave dish, my SETI dish, finally captures something, and what it says is, ‘In 50 years or 13 years, we’re coming to your planet. You gotta be ready.’ Now just imagine what would happen if that happened — a super intelligent alien race beamed down a message to all of us earthlings, saying ‘We’re coming, July 13, 2030, and boy, you’d better be ready because the mother ship is landing right on the front lawn of the White House.’”

Speaking as himself, Rose then says:

“AI [artificial intelligence] is just like that. So when this thing that I’m talking about happens . . . one thing I can tell you is they’re not going to be like us.

Alien means, you know, different. These things that we’re building are not going to be people. They might be really smart, they might be really good at all sorts of things, but they’re not gonna be like us. They’re gonna be aliens, and they’re gonna be — I’m sorry to say — way smarter than every single person in this room, in ways that we can’t even be comprehend.

So this, of course, triggers a lot of alarm. One of the guys who talks about this is Elon [Musk], who says things like this — ‘When you do this, beware. Because you think . . . that when you do this, you’re gonna put that . . . little guy in a pentagram, and you’re gonna have your holy water out, and you’re gonna wave it at the thing and, by God, it’s gonna do exactly what you say and not one thing more. But it never works out that way.’

[Referring to Musk] So this is an attitude that some are having — this emerging alarmism about the way this [artificial intelligence] is gonna go. But these words, ‘demons,’ doesn’t capture the essence of what’s happening here. I don’t know if any of you are turn-of-the-century weird fiction fans, but there’s a guy named H. P. Lovecraft, who’s a very famous American weird fiction author, and he exposed a view which is called cosmicism.

The essence of cosmicism is cosmic indifference. So what he was saying is basically ‘Yes, there are these massively intelligent entities out there, but they’re not good, they’re not evil, they just don’t give a sh-t about you, even in the slightest. The same way that you don’t care about an ant, is the same way they’re not gonna care about you.’

And these things that we’re summoning into the world now are not demons, they’re not evil, but they’re more like the Lovecraftian ‘Great Old Ones’. There are entities that are not necessarily going to be aligned with what we want. So this transition [to a world full of powerful intelligent robots] is really really massively important for our entire species to navigate and, going back to that thing that Sam Harris was saying, nobody is paying attention. This thing is happening in the background, while people bicker about politics and what’s gonna be in the health care plan in the U.S., while underneath it all is this rising tsunami that, if we’re not careful, is going to wipe us all out.“

END VIDEO EXCERPT.
(I obtained it from here: Physicist Geordie Rose Recruits Techies to Create a ‘Tsunami’ of AI Demons Who See Humans as Ants )

Oh, okay...not demons, not evil, they're more like the Lovecraftian Great Old Ones. Gotcha. (By the way, look up Lovecraft's drawing of the Old Ones. They make the creatures daVinci encountered look like beauty pageant winners.)

And they're "summoning" these "not evil" but "don't give a sh-t about you" "Great Old Ones" who might "wipe us all out."

I'd say they are playing with fire. And I'm going to go out on a limb and just call them demons. :)

0harris0

I don't think ETs gave him information in the cave, it was just one take on what happened in said cave.

I think the notions that there is a vast pool of knowledge humans can tap into, or it's being shown to them by some force. Inherited memories is good too. I know Tesla said pretty much "things" just came to him, or he was being shown inventions and ideas.
"Akashic Records"!!!!
spending that long in solitude, he must have been able to pretty deeply into a meditative trance... I'm absolutely certain that somewhere (within perhaps?!) is knowledge of the physical restraints/possibilities of this material realm.. whether he was guided to this, or naturally adept, or as @sonoman put- a "professional reincarnator" with prior knowledge of these places, how to access, etc.

I believe I have been given a couple of glimpses into the "inner workings", in fact, i know I experienced it in some highly 'altered' states... but it was above my comprehension, i was witness but i couldn't fully understand the concept of it, or what was being shown to me! i'm talking 3-d holographic physical diagrams, ranges of motion, limits, technical drawings with full annotations (in a language i've never seen)...

BStankman

I think the notions that there is a vast pool of knowledge humans can tap into, or it's being shown to them by some force. Inherited memories is good too. I know Tesla said pretty much "things" just came to him, or he was being shown inventions and ideas. But Tesla did mention Aliens didn't he?

I've imagined that our brains hold every memory from all of our ancestors and we only have to be able to tap into it, which must be virtually impossible, but not completely, because some individuals have managed to garner more information than seems humanly possible, when you look at their individual accomplishments, inventions..etc.

Or DaVinci found some hidden records/technical manuals in a cave.
Didn't they find his secret lab a few years ago? Or is that another mandella?

Isolated in the man cave with some old books. Teaching himself the artist technique of seeing inner beauty like a Shallow Hal
And coming up with his own version of They Live glasses.

Seeing these peoples true essence.

main-qimg-57069dc035a3cfc5b5678e1849bc00d5.png LDV.jpg

Leonardo da Vinci's Bizarre Caricatures & Monster Drawings | Open Culture

BStankman

Best I could find about the secret room.

Rome - Researchers have discovered the hidden laboratory used by Leonardo Da Vinci for studies of flight and other pioneering scientific work in previously sealed rooms at a monastery next to the Basilica of the Santissima Annunziata, in the heart of Florence.

Researchers hail find of secret Da Vinci lab
Thanks!
Fourteen years ago.
True or fake, you would think this would be a tourist destination.
Instead, most of the news feed links are dead.

'Leonardo da Vinci at the Santissima Annunziata, Florence'

Ice Nine

I did find a little youtube video, it does eventually show the paintings on the walls of the room.

Here is a snippet about his early life, this was during childhood. I thought it was interesting that he found a cave as a child. But his 2 year disappearance was from 1476-1478. So it would seem he found a cave in his youth and then perhaps went back to the same cave as an adult. just wild speculation on my part. Or at least he was drawn to another cave.

EARLY LIFE, 1452–1466

Little is known about Leonardo's early life. He spent his first five years in the hamlet of Anchiano, then lived in the household of his father, grandparents and uncle, Francesco, in the small town of Vinci. His father had married a sixteen-year-old girl named Albiera, who loved Leonardo but died young. In later life, Leonardo only recorded two childhood incidents. One, which he regarded as an omen, was when a kite dropped from the sky and hovered over his cradle, its tail feathers brushing his face. The second occurred while exploring in the mountains. He discovered a cave and was both terrified that some great monster might lurk there, and driven by curiosity to find out what was inside.

whitewave

I've imagined that our brains hold every memory from all of our ancestors and we only have to be able to tap into it, which must be virtually impossible, but not completely, because some individuals have managed to garner more information than seems humanly possible, when you look at their individual accomplishments, inventions..etc..
Jean Auel writes about that concept in her Earth Children chronicles (Clan of the Cave Bear, et al). She's a serious researcher that postulated that Neanderthals had larger occipital lobes for retaining memory whereas the Cro-Magnan had larger frontal lobes for imagining new things. Neanderthal children were taught what they needed to know by showing them once to "remind" them (ignite their genetic memory) but Cro-Magnan children needed to be shown things over and over again in order to learn, however they were better at figuring things out for themselves than Neanderthals.

Phrenology is a dead science (if it was ever a science at all) but it's true that the occipital region does store memories and learned behaviors and that the frontal lobe is the areas for speech and imagination/creativity. The pictures we have of DaVinci show an enlarged frontal lobe. Shaving with Occams razor here but it may be that he was really just that imaginative. We have geniuses today that don't find ancient knowledge in caves-they're just really smart. True genius may seem supernatural to the rest of us plebs but it's only natural to those who possess it.

I think the real issue here is why his inventions weren't utilized when given. Was he so far advanced that others simply couldn't imagine what he was talking about? Was there some nefarious conspiracy to conceal ancient knowledge? Was he not high enough on the food chain to give credit where credit was due? We really don't know. At best, all we can do is speculate as to the reasons, his source(s) and to appreciate his many gifts to mankind.

sonoman

Jean Auel writes about that concept in her Earth Children chronicles (Clan of the Cave Bear, et al). She's a serious researcher that postulated that Neanderthals had larger occipital lobes for retaining memory whereas the Cro-Magnan had larger frontal lobes for imagining new things. Neanderthal children were taught what they needed to know by showing them once to "remind" them (ignite their genetic memory) but Cro-Magnan children needed to be shown things over and over again in order to learn, however they were better at figuring things out for themselves than Neanderthals.
absolutely fascinating stuff right there! I get a strong feeling there is something more to this. will look her up, thanks.

Last edited:

Ice Nine

Phrenology is a dead science (if it was ever a science at all) but it's true that the occipital region does store memories and learned behaviors and that the frontal lobe is the areas for speech and imagination/creativity. The pictures we have of DaVinci show an enlarged frontal lobe. Shaving with Occams razor here but it may be that he was really just that imaginative. We have geniuses today that don't find ancient knowledge in caves-they're just really smart. True genius may seem supernatural to the rest of us plebs but it's only natural to those who possess it.

I think the real issue here is why his inventions weren't utilized when given. Was he so far advanced that others simply couldn't imagine what he was talking about? Was there some nefarious conspiracy to conceal ancient knowledge? Was he not high enough on the food chain to give credit where credit was due? We really don't know. At best, all we can do is speculate as to the reasons, his source(s) and to appreciate his many gifts to mankind.
I'll check her writing out too!
Yeah how come nobody was interested in a flying machine or bat wings or any number of things he was inventing. Maybe he just sat around and doodled all these for his own amusement.

KorbenDallas

Negotiator
auel.jpg

Read all of her books a few years back. She is a fun read, but for the most part is a traditionalist. Apparently, she did travel quite a lot gathering materials for her books. The first 3 are worth reading, in my opinion. The last three are a love flick with repeats of the info already mentioned in the previous three.

As far as our traditional, narrative compliant knowledge of Neanderthals goes... I think it is nothing but speculation. Traditional science has no way of knowing what was happening back then, and what brain capacity they had. Sure they can say that due to this skull cavity, and due to that indentation, them Neanderthals were capable of only this, or of all of that. They also say that they lived like 400,00 to 50,000 years ago. Based on some of he threads here, they could have existed 1,000 years ago easily. They also could have been just as capable of things as we are.

Shoot, they could have been the contemporaries of Mr. da Vinci here.

sonoman

Shoot, they could have been the contemporaries of Mr. da Vinci here.
yup, but that cromagnan forehead and the associations that author makes seem very real, and match some of my own first hand experiences, with people of various head shapes aswell as my own. thanks for that review too. my save some of us some time. ;-)

whitewave

"The first 3 are worth reading, in my opinion. The last three are a love flick with repeats of the info already mentioned in the previous three."

I'd say the first 2, skip the third. Last one was a huge disappointment. You're right, of course, about speculation but, with what we know about the brains' functioning now using fMRI, it's a valid speculation.

I was impressed that she was able to show a progression of inventions in 6 lengthy (ish) books and never mentioned use of a wheel. Also their method of record keeping was in verbal stories which they repeated in a verse-like ballad with new knowledge comprising the next verse in the ballad. These stories were told at their celebrations and everyone knew them. And to be initiated into the healing arts you had to spend a year studying the stars. Not sure what astronomy has to do with herbalism but I thought it was a nice addition to the story. They remembered what herbs were in what pouches by the way the knots were tied on the bags. Clever.
Her books ARE fiction, not historical references but she does do a lot of research before writing them.

Personal opinion but I think man was created having knowledge. We DID eat from the tree of knowledge, after all (if you believe the bible) and that the knowledge was lost after cataclysms with survivors retaining only what they could remember and pass down while trying to survive-not devoting a lot of time to teaching. If there were a global cataclysm tomorrow I wouldn't know how to turn the lights back on or remember how to retrieve all that we've lost. Even if I could, I'd probably be more focused on food, clothing, shelter, safety. Makes one wonder why, during the supposed "genetic bottleneck" that we evidently had in the past, people were still mining for gold. Was gold essential for reviving their lost technologies?