Spotted in Underground Seattle: whose Coat of Arms was it?

Visited the Underground Seattle Tour (again). The below coat of arms was inconspicuously displayed in one of the tunnels under the 1st Ave S.

coa.jpg

The tour route was along that red arrow below. It's easy to miss the crest. I didn't notice it until my wife pointed it out.

co2.jpg

This is where the entrance into that specific undergrounds area is: 111 1st Ave S.

105-111 1st Ave S.jpg

Doves can mean a lot of different things. In this case, we have a combo of a dove with an olive branch. As far as I know, there is only one original reference to this combo.
  • Genesis 8:10 - And he stayed yet other seven days; and again he sent forth the dove out of the ark;
  • Genesis 8:11 - And the dove came in to him in the evening; and, lo, in her mouth was an olive leaf pluckt off: so Noah knew that the waters were abated from off the earth.
With Seattle being a flood suspect for some... who knows?

KD: What family or city did this COA belong to?

Doves nest each spring next to the house and the COA bird looks more like a duck or mallard to me, longer neck than a pigeon or dove (and different beak or bill) but not long enough to be swan or goose

It looks like a goose to me with a long tail. But what if it is a depiction of a mythical creature like the one above the arch. Maybe a thunderbird since this creature has native american and canadian legends from the northwest. Thunderbird- A Canadian Legend , problem is it doesnt look like a thunderbird which looks like a modern condor.
Some of the tartarian videos talk about chimera species or pre-flood abominations.

in my view of the crest, I didn't think that what you have marked with an arrow as a tail but something behind the fowl. it is odd ... it could be connected to the olive branch near the head but it looks more like a log?? if my take is accurate

with the tail idea, I thought of a cockatrice as the feet look a bit dubious for duck webbing but there is not a comb for the rooster if the mythical creature was being depicted on the crest

but I did find the last image in results from a ' cockatrice "coat of arms" ' search
FYI: for chimeras in art - or art-ki-tek-sure, the symbol is usually communicating something hidden in plain sight to the initiated ... as a cockatrice represents Leo (the sun as a lion n or a rooster) and Libra (venus as Lucifer or a dragon or winged serpent). the crest would represent power player families or blood lines with origins or ties to north africa - and the orient?

wings depict air/heaven house in the zodiac - on back is venus in Libra, on feet is mercury in Gemini, on head is Aquarius. so "that lying serpent" is a dragon that has fallen (to earth) and lost its wings

In chapter two of "the one world tartarians" by James W. Lee, he speaks heavily about griffins. The two creatures above the arch to the entrance are griffins, which he claims are the symbol of great tartaria. Lee describes one great leader as follows, "Queen Khalifia ruled the Island of California with Griffins which she fed the flesh of men to keep Spanish Invaders away. She supposedly commanded a fleet of ships with which she ruled and maintained peace in the surrounding lands, and islands including Baja and Hawaii. She reportedly kept an aerial defense force of “griffins”, and other fabulous animals which were native to California, trained to defend the land against invanders. She even was said to feed her griffins male flesh to repel male Spanish Invaders aka Conquestadors. She was so powerful she could project her imperial power over the seas of the Mediterranean at will. The Esplandian narrates that Calafia maintained cultural and trading contacts with the Muurs of Africa. It told of her wars in the mediterranean seas, in Anatolia, the Byzantine empire and in southern Europe." This image is entitled Bromont-Lamothe?

1626211801620.jpg

In chapter two of "the one world tartarians" by James W. Lee, he speaks heavily about griffins. The two creatures above the arch to the entrance are griffins, which he claims are the symbol of great tartaria. Lee describes one great leader as follows, "Queen Khalifia ruled the Island of California with Griffins which she fed the flesh of men to keep Spanish Invaders away. She supposedly commanded a fleet of ships with which she ruled and maintained peace in the surrounding lands, and islands including Baja and Hawaii. She reportedly kept an aerial defense force of “griffins”, and other fabulous animals which were native to California, trained to defend the land against invanders. She even was said to feed her griffins male flesh to repel male Spanish Invaders aka Conquestadors. She was so powerful she could project her imperial power over the seas of the Mediterranean at will. The Esplandian narrates that Calafia maintained cultural and trading contacts with the Muurs of Africa. It told of her wars in the mediterranean seas, in Anatolia, the Byzantine empire and in southern Europe." This image is entitled Bromont-Lamothe?

Mark Hopikins Hotel, One of the most expensive hotels in SF on Nob Hill has Queen Calafia prominently displayed throughout the lobby.

From Magic Island:
  • Queen Calafia, the main character of a sixteenth-century Spanish romance about an island overflowing with gold and populated by Amazon-like women, is incensed when she hears that we have adopted her name for our state. Being the good and reasonable queen that she is, she's willing to hear from twenty-six animals about why California is worthy of her name. But if she decides it isn't, she'll launch an army of goddesses riding griffins to wreak her vengeance! Each animal characterizes California in a key cultural object or historical event: for example, the swordfish describes the tomols of the Chumash people, while the gull tells Calafia about the Gold Rush. Large, intricate illustrations display a wealth of research into every subject, rendered with the highest level of artistic skill.

I know KD already mentioned posibility of the Liver bird, which is what first occured to me.

A quick search on the Liver bird reveals this on wiki. The seal of Liverpool.

Liverpool_seal.jpg

_72458036_sealedit.jpg

Similar I think? A quote from the wiki page.​
The shoddy draughtsmanship of the seal has given rise to other theories. Richard Brooke, a 19th-century Liverpudlian antiquary, surmised that the bird was a dove with an olive branch, and that the scroll read "NOBIS" or "VOBIS".
The motto around the seal has been translated to read 'the common seal of the burgesses of Liverpool' source

Something else I noticed here however, is the crescent moon & star... anything around your COA or Seattle with this?
Liverpool_seal.jpg

Quick search...

Screenshot_20210714-215131_Firefox.jpg

I'm not sure if any of this helps. Both Liverpool & Seattle are sea ports, both have strange tails to tell, and undergrounds... could there be a link between the two?

For some reason, thinking about a link, I was immediately reminded of this thread Fou-sang-1870s-board-game.

On my last 2 days off from work I watched the Ryan Zehm masterpiece for the forth time entitled "history of the flat earth"; a full six hours of tartaria.
Zehm shows how the controllers at the last reset divided the one religion of GOD into the 4 main world beliefs, and islam is the crescent moon. In the old world the crescent moon was on top some of the energy antennas of the antiqua-tech. The crescent is based on the moons reflection the "only true map" of our world, where the circle is our livable warm area where the sun and moon are and the rest is frozen; a full circle year is 25000 years with 12 divisions. The crescent is shown on the old clocks; this symbol was stolen from the old world like the cross, swastika, 6 pointed star and others and repurposed.

The tree branch could be the laurel wreath. Zehm also shows how many old world statues are holding a wreath in their raised hand. He said this represents the vortex of free energy that the tartarians powered their entire world with. Spinning mercury, polar vortex, helical dna, cymatics of water and sound, horseshoe magnet arches, and connected star fort cities. The old world said look to the "living water". This video is so red pilling that I shed a tear of joy each time a watch it.

, I didn't think that what you have marked with an arrow as a tail but something behind the fowl. it is odd ... it could be connected to the olive branch near the head but it looks more like a log?? if my take is accurate

That's what I thought too. I also got a dodo bird vibe:

0_akm2sO128UwgrLb4.jpeg

Dodo bird is on the coat of arms of Mauritius, which could be interesting if that was our bird here, but I think the beak is too small. And considering the beak is all we have left, it's probably not a match. The bodies do seem similar though... I wonder if we aren't dealing with another extinct bird. I've done a little searching for extinct birds of the American Pacific Northwest, but nothing really matches up yet.

The closest thing I've been able to find is the coat of arms of the county of Galambok in Hungary.

1626636212167.jpg

It has a bird (pidgeon), the branch, land below it, and the "shield" shape.

Another bonus is that it contains red and blue : "As regards the colours, in addition to the original red field (the background to the coat of arms) the colour blue also appears as the symbol of Nature, hope and peace. The dove symbolises the soul and, when depicted with the olive branch, it is also the symbol of restored harmony, reconciliation and peace."

Whilst looking for any online info on the Hotel Seneca I came across this. Source

Seems these plaster casts were a corporate logo if you will or cipher is another word sometimes used. probably from the building that once stood above the basement they are located in. Find the name of the owner/operator of that building and you get the name of the company or the other way round. I'd look myself but my focus is elsewhere.

Screenshot_2021-07-19_05-49-57.jpg

Dang, now I need to go there again to find this one for a better pic. Looks like it could be a seahorse.

Can't stop thinking about this bird. Agreeing that it has features like a duck, I stumbled upon this:

The following is predominantly for a book called ПесниптицыГамаюн, or Songs of the Bird Gamayun, a book about the mythological creation and saga of the Slavs. As far as I can understand, the book’s author is unknown, and it is told in the style of children’s bedtime stories. This book is among the required repertoire studied in 6th grade literature in Russia. So I felt it was a valid enough source to quote.

“There once was a Golden egg wrapped in dark nothingness and in that egg was the father of all mankind, Rod. Rod breaks out of the Golden Egg, and immediately creates himself a helpmeet-this is Mother Lada, goddess of love. And with this love he breaks through the darkness. He cuts his umbilical cord with a rainbow and straight away gets to work separating the oceans and seas from the skies.”

Following that he separates light from darkness and truth from deceit. He divides the world into 3 parts: Правь, Prav’, which is the place for gods. As the name indicates it is a place for truth and right. (Pravda-truth) The visible world he called Явь, Yav’, that is, that which является(Yavlyat’sya-to be, appear). The lower world was the underworld called навь, Nav’. This was the place for the deceased.

“Next, Rod bore Mother Earth, who immediately disappears into the depths of the ocean where she is kept for a while.

And the sun was made from [Rod’s] face-from the heavenly god! The father of the gods!

And the shining moon from his chest…

The dense stars from his eyes…

The bright sunrise from his eyebrows…

The dark nights from his thoughts…

Powerful winds from his breath…

Rain and snow and hail from his tears…

And his voice became thunder and lightning…”

Rod then creates a son and breathes life into him.

This is Svarog, who will be in charge of the rest of the details of earth’s creation. To make him best suited for the job he gives him four heads so that he can see all ends of the earth. He is the mighty кузнец, or god of the forge, the blacksmith of earth’s existence. First and foremost, he paves a specific path for the sun to follow around the earth, thus creating night and day. The alternation of the sun with the moon gets the ocean making waves and foam, and, feeling satisfied with his organizational skills, realizes something’s missing…Mother Earth!

In the distance he notices a little grey duck swimming above a dark hole in the water. He asks the duck if she has seen Mother Earth. The duck says that she’s down at the bottom of the ocean. Svarog asks the duck to go get her. The duck disappears and returns a year later saying that it couldn’t hold it’s breath any longer and asks for help in retrieving Mother Earth from the ocean’s abyss. So Svarog calls for Rod’s help, who then blows a mighty wind, stirring up the ocean, and the duck dives back down. 2 years pass and the duck returns saying, “I got closer this time but still ran out of breath.” So Svarog calls upon Rod, who brings a storm upon the ocean and shoots lightning into the duck. The duck dives down and is gone for 3 years. After 3 years the duck returns with a branch in her mouth. Svarog takes the branch, rubbing it in his palms begins to command the forces of the world: “Make warmth, Sun! Light up, Moon! Blow, Wind! We must save Mother Earth, our nurturer.” All the elements come together, the wind blew the branch from Svarog’s hands. As it fell into the ocean, the sun shone, heating the ocean, as the water evaporated the Moist Mother Earth appeared at the surface, and the moon quickly cooled her down.
Speculating heavily, I wonder if our depiction in question is some sort of fusion of ideas, like how the bird itself seems to have features of a variety of fowl. The bird and the olive branch obviously invoke symbolism suggestive of the Biblical flood account, which we know shares similarities with a variety of flood myths. But i think this is to be expected, these ideas seem to change and diffuse into other traditions over time as we don't live in a vacuum.

Basically, I'm not even exactly sure who created these structures and art so I certainly don't know what they may have believed in. Their particular symbology may have been lost to time.

Hahaha 111 1st Ave S and right below a trippy rug store it couldn't be any better than that... Definitely a dove btw with the branch in its mouth.

The gryphons at the entrance remind me a lot of the gryphons at the Vienna World's Fair in 1873.

250844428_3025672401023357_4898981314537939632_n.jpg
250844918_4745473428853151_6429921695169188257_n.jpg

Also, they are in 2 German flags from this book, the one at the middle-right almost identical to the Tartary flag.

german flagsddd.jpg

The gryphons in Vienna and your coat of arms being similar to a Hungarian one, as Mabzynn showed, remind me of the Austro-Hungarian empire. Was there something important about it that was hidden from us? Was Vienna a capital of the old empire?

Similar articles

Back