Ruins of 1879 Union Mine Shaft in Nevada. Underground city?

KorbenDallas

Negotiator
Allegedly, this photograph was taken in 1947. What we see here are the Ruins of Union Mine Shaft in Nevada. A mine shaft photographed in 1947 normally would not end up being something exciting. Yet, take a good look at this photograph. Unfortunately, this is the best quality photograph I was able to find.

A quick search produced the following, "Union Mine is a past producer vein deposit site discovered after 1879 in the Intermontane Plateaus of Nevada, The United States. It is a medium deposit, located in the Comstock Lode mining district and is not considered to be of world-class significance.

Silver, copper, and zinc deposits are documented at "Union Mine." Silver is present at a grade sufficient to have a strong effect on the economics of an excavation project. It may even be viable as the only commodity mined. Copper can be economically recovered from this site but would have little effect on the viability of the mining project. The zinc at this site is economically interesting but not currently recoverable.

This deposit has operated in the past as a medium scale production but was closed at the time it was surveyed. There were no known plans to reopen it. The most important method or feature used in the discovery of economic minerals at this site was ore-mineral in place. Production at "Union Mine" began in 1879."

Ruins of Union Mine Shaft Virginia City_1.jpg

"Union Mine" in Storey, NV, Silver Vein, Discovered in 1879
Virginia City and Gold Hill | ONE
Virginia City Travel Guide from the Nevada Travel Network

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this mine appears to look very differently from other (regular) 19th century mines we can find on the internet.

To me it appears to be a part of some huge buried structure.

Additionally when we look at the contemporary pictures of the Combination mine shaft, a nearby old closed mine in Nevada, we see that the rocks appear to be free stacked.

Combination_Shaft,_Virginia_City.jpg

Separately, Virginia City, NV is an interesting city in itself. With current population of something like 900 people, it used to have about 10k back in the 19th century. And while, in my opinion, there is not much info about the true history, or the state of affairs in Virginia City in 1870s, some surviving images of its architecture, are fairly telling.

Knights Templar
knights_templar_virginia_city_1.jpg

internationalhotel1876-virginia_city.jpg RPPC-Virginia-City-NV-Court-House-Nevada-Vintage.jpg St. Mary's in the Mountains, Virginia City.jpg Old Court House Virginia City, Nevada Built in 1876.jpg
original-featured-comstock-lode.jpg

KD: Anyways, just wanted to get your opinion. To me it looks like there is something left unsaid. What were they digging for in there? Are they hiding a buried underground city in Nevada?

BStankman

I am in total agreement here. The Templar's have a long history of treasure hunting.

Figure 2, combination mine shaft looks like it was built in Egyptian revival style.
In fact Virginia City looks like it was built on top a landslide. Very similar terrain to the valley of the kings.

virginia city.jpg

We also have an oral tradition that when miners find these ruins they need to keep their mouths shut.
It they do not, the mine gets shut down and they lose their livelihood.

By 1931 it looks like a ghost town.

VC 1931.jpg

PrincepAugus

From Wiki:
Egyptian revival is an architectural style that uses the motifs and imagery of ancient Egypt. It is attributed generally to the public awareness of ancient Egyptian monuments generated by Napoleon's conquest of Egypt and Admiral Nelson's defeat of Napoleon at the Battle of the Nile in 1798. Napoleon took a scientific expedition with him to Egypt. Publication of the expedition's work, the Description de l'Égypte, began in 1809 and was published as a series through 1826. However, works of art and architecture (such as funerary monuments) in the Egyptian style had been made or built occasionally on the European continent and the British Isles since the time of the Renaissance.
Again with the "Napoleon" connection!

OP
OP
KorbenDallas

KorbenDallas

Negotiator
I doubt they would use Egyptisn revival style to decorate a mine. Besides there are visible blocks in the side of the hill as well. That structure has to be enormous in size.

Top portion of this double fork wall definitely reminds one of the pyramids.

Interesting what they really excavated out if there.

BStankman

I doubt they would use Egyptisn revival style to decorate a mine. Besides there are visible blocks in the side of the hill as well. That structure has to be enormous in size.

Top portion of this double fork wall definitely reminds one of the pyramids.

Interesting what they really excavated out if there.
Combination shaft looks that style.
The Templars definitely know the architecture, they are obsessed with Solomon's temple.
Along with the Ark, Grail, and spear of destiny.

hall.jpg

What kind of ore did Ulysses S Grant want to see in Virginia city?
The hidden hand guy who died penniless, possibly irradiated. General Grant's 1885 Coffin - is this normal?
Answer - no ore.

Virginia_City_NV_Grant_1879_11022.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
KorbenDallas

KorbenDallas

Negotiator
@BStankman, quite possibly you just gave some credibility to another Egypt related story pertaining to an Ancient Egyptian cave inside the Grand Canyon.

In the above picture we have Governor John Henry Kinkead, "John Henry Kinkead (1826 – 1904) was an American businessman and politician who served as the third Governor of Nevada and the first Governor of the District of Alaska. Spending most of his life in the dry goods business, he was also Treasurer of Nevada Territory, a member of the Nevada Constitutional convention, and the first United States official to hold office in Alaska."

Excerpts from the above linked article
  • Though the article was anonymous, it did identify some of the archaeologists involved: “under the direction of Prof. S. A. Jordan”, with Smithsonian-backed adventurer G. E. Kinkaid, who then relates his findings.
  • But the story gets weirder when the Smithsonian stated that it had no Kinkaid or Jordan on record. In one enquiry from 2000, the institution replied: “The Smithsonian Institution has received many questions about an article in the April 5, 1909 Phoenix Gazette about G. E. Kinkaid and his discovery of a ‘great underground citadel’ in the Grand Canyon, hewn by an ancient race ‘of oriental origin, possibly from Egypt.’ […] The Smithsonian’s Department of Anthropology, has searched its files without finding any mention of a Professor Jordan, Kinkaid, or a lost Egyptian civilization in Arizona. Nevertheless, the story continues to be repeated in books and articles.”
I think our @BStankman possibly found the missing Kinkaid. Of course J.H. Died in 1904, and the cave was not discovered until 1909, but I think this could be the right Kinkaids.

grand canyon egyptians.jpg

Canyonitis: Seeing evidence of ancient Egypt in the Grand Canyon - Eye Of The Psychic

BStankman

Yes, the entire south west is set up to confuse you.

Remember the Anthony Finley maps?
America in Asia: 1827 State of Nations map

Here is a tourist map of the Grand Canyon.
Grand-Canyon-and-Egyptian-Names-Artifacts.jpg

In Tuscon Arizona, we have planted Templar fakes similar to Michigan relics.

The Michigan Relics
Tucson.jpg

Places are off limits because it is probably another Petra.
Classic antiquity is the work of treasure hunters
grandcanyon_stantonscave.jpg

And taking us back to Nevada, If someone told you they saw some Egyptians things there, your first thought would be this.

A true modern Babylon.
luxor.jpg

Another photo of the Combination Shaft in Egyptian revival.
mine.jpg

Virginia City Cemetery
cemetary.jpg
Not the Union mine, Robert C. Graves was superintendent of the Empire Mine from 1871 to the early 1880s. In his Dragoon Uniform here. From the US Mexican war, which proceed the civil war and Indian war (but seem like one long war). Military presence from the beginning.

wnhpcphoto0329.jpg
I could literally dig here forever. Some very interesting copy paste with a repeating pattern.

Great Fire of 1875
Between 1859 and 1875, Virginia City had numerous serious fires. The October 26, 1875 fire, dubbed the Great Fire, caused $12 million in damage. "The spectacle beggars description; the world was on fire...a square mile of roaring flames." When a church caught fire, Mackay was heard to say, "Damn the church! We can build another if we can keep the fire from going down these shafts." Though the Con. Virginia and Ophir hoisting works burned, the fire did not penetrate the Con. Virginia shaft and only reached 400 feet into the Ophir shaft. "Railroad car wheels were melted", "brick buildings went down like paper boxes", and two thousand were left homeless.

In ensuing months the city was rebuilt. A majority of the area now designated as the National Historic Landmark historic district dates to this later time period.

Last edited:
OP
OP
KorbenDallas

KorbenDallas

Negotiator
Railroad car wheels were melted
Those are some interesting fires. Additionally, from the get go they make this Virginia City sound like a little tiny town, but all these numerous fires suggest that there was a lot of stuff to destroy.
Great Fire of 1875 - Carsonpedia
This Virginia City starts to sound like a center of the universe.

Virginia City and Mark Twain
Virginia City could be considered the birthplace of the pen name of Mark Twain, as it was here in February 1863 that writer Samuel Clemens, then a reporter on the local Territorial Enterprise newspaper, first used the nom de plume. Clemens lived in Virginia City and wrote for the Enterprise from late fall 1862 until May 1864, when he escaped from a potential duel instigated by a local newspaper editor upset at Clemens' reporting.

mark_twain.jpg

Freemason Mark Twain | Masonic Dictionary

Virginia City.... what, and who else?

BStankman

This Virginia City starts to sound like a center of the universe.

Virginia City.... what, and who else?
Virginia city sure does seem very important. Almost like they found El Dorado here.

Clemens also deserves his own thread. I always admired his telling of the obvious truth that most people didn't bother to see.
We should have known he was a mason. How do you amass wealth like this? Reinforcing a false history through novels maybe?
Twain_House_first_floor_library_HABS_CONN,2-HARF,16-63.jpg
Library of Twain House, with hand-stenciled paneling, fireplaces from India, embossed wallpaper, and hand-carved mantel from Scotland

It looks like he became the controlled opposition later in life. I am pretty sure he knew there was no escape from the great white fleet.
Real mission of the 1907-1909 US Great White Fleet, what was it?

From 1901, soon after his return from Europe, until his death in 1910, Twain was vice-president of the American Anti-Imperialist League, which opposed the annexation of the Philippines by the United States and had "tens of thousands of members". He wrote many political pamphlets for the organization. The Incident in the Philippines, posthumously published in 1924, was in response to the Moro Crater Massacre, in which six hundred Moros were killed.

Who else?
We have established Templars and Masons. We have yet another secret fraternal organization in this tiny town.

Knights of Pythias, FCB stands for Friendship, Charity, and Benevolence.

HABS-KofP-VaCityNV-104153pr.jpg

I never heard of them before.

The name Pythia is derived from Pytho, which in myth was the original name of Delphi. In etymology, the Greeks derived this place name from the verb, πύθειν (púthein) "to rot", which refers to the sickly sweet smell of the decomposition of the body of the monstrous Python after she was slain by Apollo.

More worshipers of the light, symbolically living off the ruins of the dead.

Knights_of_Pythias_membership_certificate_1890.jpg
Allegedly, this photograph was taken in 1947. What we see here are the Ruins of Union Mine Shaft in Nevada. A mine shaft photographed in 1947 normally would not end up being something exciting. Yet, take a good look at this photograph. Unfortunately, this is the best quality photograph I was able to find.

A quick search produced the following, "Union Mine is a past producer vein deposit site discovered after 1879 in the Intermontane Plateaus of Nevada, The United States. It is a medium deposit, located in the Comstock Lode mining district and is not considered to be of world-class significance.

Silver, copper, and zinc deposits are documented at "Union Mine." Silver is present at a grade sufficient to have a strong effect on the economics of an excavation project. It may even be viable as the only commodity mined. Copper can be economically recovered from this site but would have little effect on the viability of the mining project. The zinc at this site is economically interesting but not currently recoverable.

This deposit has operated in the past as a medium scale production but was closed at the time it was surveyed. There were no known plans to reopen it. The most important method or feature used in the discovery of economic minerals at this site was ore-mineral in place. Production at "Union Mine" began in 1879."

?

I think I have modern Union mine footage here.
6 year old videos with less than 100 views. Not the best for our needs, he is a paranormal guy.
(he actually has a video with fossil sandal footprints in rock, a UFO, and Bigfoot footprints in the mud)

Unfortunately, no smoking gun for El Dorado, but definitely older than 19th century.
Polygonal masonry that goes around inside corners. Some of the rock looks melted.
And some sinkhole evidence stuff was buried.

Last edited:
OP
OP
KorbenDallas

KorbenDallas

Negotiator
I think I have modern Union mine footage here.
Enough shown to see that they, most likely, did not build this. Everything appears to be sealed up nicely.

Would be nice to find out what artifacts they mined out of this mine. Not happening of course :unsure:
Clemens also deserves his own thread. I always admired his telling of the obvious truth that most people didn't bother to see.
We should have known he was a mason.
And Clemens was the one to persuade General Grant to write his memoir book, so that former president's family would not be dead broke. Go figure.

If someone starts a thread on Mark Twain, may be we could dig something up.