Single Photo: Hurricane Florence from Space

Let's not mix everything into one pile please. If a separate topic for these Boston Fires is warranted, please create one.

Going back to the Florence, that sure was some seriously massive evacuation.

360 VR video 30 KM up posted on /r/space. They say it gives an interesting perspective on the curvature.

Here is what they say about 'post-production'

It's been stabilised in post-production, which took bloody hours. Mechanical stabilisation is on our agenda but the additional weight increased launch costs exponentially - needs a bigger balloon and more gas to achieve similar altitudes/ascent rates.

We stabilised it in postproduction, it's painstakingly manually keyframed to track the horizon. This video is only short but it took about 14 hours to edit and that's not including time taken to stitch and export.
I'd like to see the raw footage but i'm sure that would never be possible to get your hands on from them.

Done by a gopro camera, go figure.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: That’s some funny stuff there. Unfortunately we do not always have such a great point of reference as those dudes walking in the background.
Maybe that weatherman is doing some sort of leg exercise that entails rocking back and forth.

I haven't watched any TV/weather today so I don't know what is going on with the storm. Locally we have been having some mighty loud cracks of thunder these last few days, last night the sky was lighting up like crazy. I love to sit on the porch and watch it.

OP
OP
Dirigible
One thing I noticed... The day before landfall all the way through today (in Atlanta) the sky has been more vividly blue than it has since I can even remember... I'm getting older, so my memory might be going, but this sky reminds me of my childhood... Normally, it's a very washed out blue.

It's absolutely beautiful, I haven't said that about the sky in a long time.

IMG_20180917_142348.jpg