Triumphal Arches, aka Ianuae Magicae: bridge portals between places, or regular structures?

KorbenDallas

Negotiator
warcraft_arches_1x.jpg

I have been looking at the Triumphal Arches for a very long time, for The Stargate movie kept on pushing this crazy idea of teleportation type travel. Just got done spot-watching the Warcraft movie with its Dark Portal, and decided to throw a few words together in reference to them Arches. Ones of the hardest puzzles to crack, they are. There is essentially no valuable information to be obtained via searching for "Triumphal Arch".

Arch_de_Triumph_12_2.jpg

Even the oldest of the texts give the most regular information similar to what Wikipedia says. I have a suspicion that way back in the day these "Triumphal Arches" could be known under a different name. As it stands:
  • A triumphal arch is a monumental structure in the shape of an archway with one or more arched passageways, often designed to span a road. In its simplest form a triumphal arch consists of two massive piers connected by an arch, crowned with a flat entablature or attic on which a statue might be mounted or which bears commemorative inscriptions. The main structure is often decorated with carvings, sculpted reliefs, and dedications. More elaborate triumphal arches may have multiple archways.
  • Triumphal arches are one of the most influential and distinctive types of architecture associated with ancient Rome. Thought to have been invented by the Romans, the triumphal arch was used to commemorate victorious generals or significant public events such as the founding of new colonies, the construction of a road or bridge, the death of a member of the imperial family or the accession of a new emperor.
Red_Gate_moscow.jpg

Triumphal Arches
We are lead to believe that these Arches are decorative buildings meant to please an ego. I struggle to find another structure, which in its conventional state would be as worthless as these Arches. In my opinion they:
  • Serve no practical purpose
  • Serve no defensive purpose
  • Not easy to build
Note: Not every structure is called an Arch. Some of them are Gates, or Doors., i.e. India Gate and Red Gate, or Porte du Peyrou and Porte Saint-Denis. Some were even called Bridges - Pont Flavien.
500 Gates
The number of the destroyed arches is not exactly known. Researchers only know of the ones they know about, if that makes sense. One way or the other they estimate the number of Arches to ever exist to be close to 500. Chances are, there could be a thousand more, and we will never find out about them. Needless to say that their original spread could only be guessed.

We are so gullible, that we accept the most ridiculous of explanations of what some of the "post-Roman" Arches represent. Yet, these Arches incorporate our old friends - Ancient Greek, and Roman characters (pre-Mudflood civilization?). Here is a couple examples of the non-sense we buy.
Soldiers' and Sailors' Arch.jpg

On August 6, 1889, William R. Ware and Charles B. Atwood, who had been appointed by the Soldiers' and Sailors' Monument Commission, selected John H. Duncan's design for the arch from 36 designs submitted the previous year.

Arch in 1894 without sculptures
Grand_Army_Plaza_1894.jpg

This is a very "Ancient European" looking America...

Arch_de_Triumph_Moscow_7.jpg

The third and the oldest surviving Triumphal Arch in Moscow was built in 1829–34 on Tverskaya Gate Square to Joseph Bové's designs in order to commemorate Russia's victory over Napoleon. It replaced an earlier wooden structure built by the veterans of the Napoleonic Wars in 1814.

Arch_de_Triumph_Moscow_2.jpg

This is a very "Ancient European" looking Russia... minus makeshift accessories

Ianuae Magicae
Mentioned to my wife that I considered a possibility of these Triumphal Arches being portals of sorts for travel via teleportation type relocation. She immediately stated that "porte" meant "door" in French. This picked my interest and I decided to use Google Translate. Here is what I got:
  • [Eng : Latin] Gate - Porta
  • [Eng : Latin] Door - Ianuae
  • [Eng : Latin] Teleport - Ianuae Magicae
  • [Latin : Eng] Ianuae Magicae - The Magic Doors
King Solomon and Co.
From here I thought it would be much more interesting to Google. I thought wrong. Nothing solid came up so far. Apparently, the info on this Ianuae Magicae aka The Magic Doors could have some relation to King Solomon, and may be a derivative of the Knights Templar
Key_of_Solomon.jpg

I'm equally suspicious with anything denied, or questioned by the contemporary science, as is clearly the case with these Solomon Key texts.

A couple of other noteworthy texts:

KD: Anyways, this is just a little prelim to the research. If we could figure out the name for these "Gates" before they became "Triumphal Arches", we could probably get a bit closer to solving their mystery. Feel free to join in, this is a hard one.

dreamtime

Teleportation portals are tempting. Hard to bring it together with the primitive stone forms and the complete lack of technological remains.

If they were for teleportation traveling then some decoration was probabla only added later after they had stopped functioning.

These arches are completely out of place, often just stand in the middle of nowhere. I remember visiting this one in Italy:

Porta Sempione - Wikipedia

Interestingly, there are toll houses directly next to the Arches in Milan. Reminds me of a Science fiction book by Russian author Sergej Lukianenko, where a toll tower connects different worlds through the doors in the tower. It seems the official explanation seems to be that the arches were standing at the place of the original city wall.

To a certain extent, it does make sense to build something like that if you want a powerful symbol. On the other hand, it's entirely useless in practice.

I just can't bring the portal idea together with the naturalistic images on the arches.

Last edited:

BStankman

Sometimes dogma can help you out.

St Peter
Pearly gates - Wikipedia

Pearly gates is an informal name for the gateway to Heaven according to some Christian denominations. It is inspired by the description of the New Jerusalem in Revelation 21:21: "The twelve gates were twelve pearls, each gate being made from a single pearl."
The image of the gates in popular culture is a set of large gold, white or wrought-iron gates in the clouds, guarded by Saint Peter (the keeper of the "keys to the kingdom"). Those not fit to enter heaven are denied entrance at the gates, and descend into Hell. In some versions of this imagery, Peter looks up the deceased's name in a book, before opening the gate.

Looks like there are some harmonic antenna close by that appear to be missing today.

37658-Tverskaya_Zastava_Square_1896_coronation.jpg russian-moscow-nicholas-ii-coronation-15.jpg

Interesting. Taking a look at Marble Arch in London, (built/designed 1827) it appears that this was originally sited just outside the gates of Buckingham Palace but was later moved to it's existing location on Park Lane in 1851. It now sits at the north end of Park Lance on the junction of Oxford Street and Edgware Road. Subsequently the Wellington Arch (built/designed 1826/1830) was also moved to Park Lane, but this time to the lower Piccadilly end in the south.

Now I was looking at a map to see if there then became any unusual alignments with perhaps a 3rd arch - and if you make an equilateral triangle east from the arches you will arrive at Regent Street which has a very Regency architectural feel (hence the name I guess), with many, many buildings in an arch style - take your pick. Could be something or nothing but we know how the hidden hand likes their geometric triangles, and if these things are portals then I am thinking that alignments would be key

Photo 1 - Marble Arch
Photo 2 - Wellington Arch
Photo 3 - Map with 1 = Marble Arch, 2 = Wellington Arch, 3 = Regent Street

Marble-Arch.jpg wellington-arch.jpg Screenshot_2018-10-17 Wellington Arch.png

OP
OP
KorbenDallas

KorbenDallas

Negotiator
Never thought about geographical dependency of the Arches. Could be an interesting field to research.

As far as this primitive stone material goes. Not sure we have any way of knowing whether they were properly stripped with things taken out. Outsides are not always representative of what can, or could be on the inside.

iphone-x_tesla-s.jpg

One way or the other these Arches were getting built for a reason. Could be something totally different. I just have hard time believing they were built for what Wikipedia says they were built for.

The below image has 4 of those. What's the purpose?

Arch_de_Triumph_14_1.jpg

source

Searching

Arch - Arc, an Arc of light, electricity. The sun is electric. The stars are electric. Star Gate.

This place runs on electricity. It comes from the sky. It runs our bodies. Electric Universe.

Ark of the Covenant, Noah's Ark, Joan of Arc - all religious figures.

All related somehow

Just thinking.

WildFire2000

Just a heads up, with all of the censorship going on with Google lately, I'd try my searches through DuckDuckGo instead. It tends to get me what I'm looking for without too much trouble, stuff I KNOW exists but Google leaves out.

These arches are ... Interesting, to say the least. The need to reframe everything we've been taught is strong. The thought that I may need to reevaluate freestanding structures like these didn't cross my mind, though it should have. The statuary on top of the Russian Napoleon Arch and the Porta Sempione Dream linked are quite similar.

Gah, I wish I had the funds to travel to these and see them in person, and climb on them to get good looks at every from every angle. We should also try digging up GPS coordinates and mapping them, just to see what kind of shapes we get. Honestly, a world wide teleportation network of arches would easily explain the similarities in architecture and expansion of buildings to areas where it seems impossible to build. I sound crazy, I know.

MinLo66

Here are a few places i found early this morning after reading KorbenDallas post before work:

The Magnificent Ishtar Gate of Babylon
City Gates in the Bible
Bible Study - City Gates
Brandenburg Gate - Google Earth
Jerusalem's Old City Gates

When i had a second at work i did a few searches on "City Gates". Most everything i found was leaning toward these "city" gates either being used during war for "checking in" or "checking out" purposes...They are also referenced in Biblical/Babylonian times. All of this would lead my train of thought toward these gates likely being built by the Freemasons and then i would probably be curious about how many were built on or near the 33 degree Parallel LOL.
Just a heads up, with all of the censorship going on with Google lately, I'd try my searches through DuckDuckGo instead. It tends to get me what I'm looking for without too much trouble, stuff I KNOW exists but Google leaves out.
Yes...the lack of anything remotely informative coming out of a basic Google search these days is nothing short of ASTONISHING. I also use DuckDuckgo and get tons more search subject-related information. A week or so I entered "early American hidden history" and the entire first and second pages were hits on a single book of almost the same name written by some guy who has also written a book promoting The Common Core curriculum...so i think it's safe to say we weren't gonna get anything useful from his book about our hidden history! Lately, there is not even any comparison between the results on these two search engines. Google has entered full-on censorship mode as far as i am concerned.

Last edited:
OP
OP
KorbenDallas

KorbenDallas

Negotiator
The guardian-demons of the Book of the Dead
Among the encounters of the deceased during his journey, a special place is given to those creatures who watch over certain passages that are represented as gates, portals and doors; these encounters are described in BD 144–147. Doors and door-watchers of the netherworld are also the theme of other ancient Egyptian funerary compositions, for example the Book of Gates and the Book of the Night.

The guardian demons of the Book of the Dead_1.jpg

Papyrus of Ani (P. BM EA 10470.11), courtesy of the Trustees of the British Museum
The guardian-demons of the Book of the Dead
Book of the Dead
The Book of Gates

Gates/Arch of Janus
During Numa's reign, the Gates of the Janus were closed and Rome remained at peace. The next king, Tullus Hostilius, opened the Gates of the Janus when he went to war with Alba Longa. The Gates of Janus remained open for the next 400 years until after the First Punic War when T. Manlius Torquatus closed the Gates of the Janus in 235 BC. This closure lasted about eight years. War with the Gauls in Northern Italy forced the Gates of the Janus to reopen. They did not close again until 29 BC, following the deaths of Antony and Cleopatra.
The Res Gestae Divi Augusti, a first-person account of the life of Augustus, claims:

The Janus Quirinus, which our ancestors wished to be closed whenever peace had been secured by victories throughout the Roman empire by land and sea, was recorded to have been closed, before I was born, twice altogether since the foundation of the city, but the senate decreed that it should be closed on three occasions while I was princeps.
From Cassius Dio 51.20 and 53.27 we are able to date the first two closures to 29 and 25 BC respectively. The exact date of the third closure remains a matter of scholarly debate. The only ancient author to date it was Orosius, who associates the event with the birth of Christ, c. 1 BC. However, modern scholars almost universally reject Orosius because Roman armies were campaigning in Germany and/or the Far East elsewhere by 2 BC. Inez Scott Ryberg and Gaius Stern date the third closure to 13 BC based on the joint return of Augustus and Agrippa to Rome after pacifying the provinces. Sir Ronald Syme dated the closure to 7 BC, to coincide with the triumph of Tiberius and his second consulship, the events of which year are lost in a gap in the surviving manuscripts of Cassius Dio. Mario Torelli followed Orosius' date.

janus.png

Janus

Later emperors also closed the Gates of Janus to great fanfare. The most famous closures occurred under Nero and Vespasian. Nero minted a large series of coins with the Ara Pacis (and the Janus itself with closed gates) on the reverse to commemorate this event. Other emperors certainly closed and reopened the Gates of the Janus, but references in later and less thorough historians are fairly rare.
The Roman poet Virgil included in the Aeneid the opening of the Gates of the Janus to start war between the Trojans and the Latins.

Arch of Janus Quadrifrons
Gates of Janus.jpg

Janus: Gates to the Past and the Future
Janus: two-headed Roman god of doors and beginnings
Temple of Janus (Roman Forum)

WildFire2000

That's bizarre. Granted, we don't take much of what they say for the ancient Greeks and Romans with much weight around here, but for them to put so much of a symbolism on that 4 way arch-way ... It's bizarre. It insinuates that people KNEW what those arches were, and it wasn't just a random thing, it was IMPORTANT. It also insinuates that knowing the state of the gates was an easy enough to check, and verify, for the state of the 'Empire'. I'm stumped on ... well, why?

BStankman

Yes, duck duck go with AdNauseum running to stick it to google.
Didn't image search used to have a "more like this"? Or is that another Mandela?

Here is some evidence that history is forged, and we did not build these arches in the 1800's.

market_st027.jpg arch-close.png arch-farmer.png

Last edited:

lostwithtime

I don't have any idea as to the significance of these structures, but I do have one to contribute: the hilariously ornate Hurlbut Memorial Gate in Detroit. This is a monumental gate said to be dedicated to a grocer who was responsible for improving the city's water supply. A laudable achievement, to be sure, but...really?
I found this quote regarding Hurlbut Memorial Gate:
Never have been in the pumping station building, but I believe the park was closed about 60 years ago or so when the grounds were dug up for the "modern" treatment facility. There used to be historic pear trees from Detroit's founding there, as well as a Victorian pavilion building, minaret tower and lagoon.

And this old photo: Where is the dedication plaque for Hurlbut??
Hurlbut Memorial Gate.jpg

Last edited:

Yergen

I was at a presentation by Michael Tellinger a few weeks ago and he was talking about there being a great many stone megaliths in Africa, who's purpose seems to be energy amplification and gold harvest(they still seem to work). And i was thinking how it seemed as if the earth was divided by the ancients into two distinct areas, one hemisphere for habitation and one for industry(with overlap here and there). During the presentation all these ideas came together in my head, and this is what i concluded:
So these ancient people, could be aliens or hybrids or pure human, create a massive technological system. All these ancient buildings/pyramids/temples, are designed and built for one specific ultimate goal(though there could be secondary uses), 'Ascension'.

The same thing the current elite seem to want. This could be a transformation of their physical forms artificially into other states of energy, or it could be travel from here to someplace else. The reason? Who knows, maybe they couldn't evolve naturally, or they were running from something.. But the point is, they create this system and activate it. Now, this system has to be very selective, if you don't want those "slaves" coming with you. And an easy way to guarantee only the chosen get to use it, is having a single controlled entry... Now come the Arches. You build a couple of hundred arches, guard them easily, everyone forms a line and we move on. Now suddenly these beings have all left, but they don't care about the things left behind, there are no manuals or easily understood instructions. And when the former slaves enter their masters abode, they find all this good shit waiting to be used...but no one can make it work. No one can fix it when it breaks, etc.

End story.

I find it hard to believe all these were built as commemorative buildings. The gates were built for one purpose, as a door that was once opened.
What do you guys think? Let me know if it sparks any connections for you.

Violet_Durn

I found this quote regarding Hurlbut Memorial Gate:
Never have been in the pumping station building, but I believe the park was closed about 60 years ago or so when the grounds were dug up for the "modern" treatment facility. There used to be historic pear trees from Detroit's founding there, as well as a Victorian pavilion building, minaret tower and lagoon.

And this old photo:
View attachment 10619
Yes, also this was a main port for leisure travel. This arch was the first thing that many people visiting Detroit for the first time would see, I don't think there is anything fishy about it, it just isn't used the same way as it was previously.

What is fishy about Detroit is Fort Wayne, I dont have anything dug up on it - but I just know it.

lostwithtime

Yes, also this was a main port for leisure travel. This arch was the first thing that many people visiting Detroit for the first time would see, I don't think there is anything fishy about it, it just isn't used the same way as it was previously.

What is fishy about Detroit is Fort Wayne, I dont have anything dug up on it - but I just know it.
I dunno. You think this elaborate arch was made for a rich grocer who contributed to the water works? Where is the dedication plaque? We did not build that..IMO.

OP
OP
KorbenDallas

KorbenDallas

Negotiator
Pure size of these arches is in line with everything else seemingly built for different size humanoid species.

I think analyzing it from the common sence point of view would eventually suggest that we could definitely imitate and copy, but the originals are not built by us, as well as not for us. And we, the general public, have no clue what they were for. IMHO.

MinLo66

I dunno. You think this elaborate arch was made for a rich grocer who contributed to the water works? Where is the dedication plaque? We did not build that..IMO.
We probably did not build that...or it...(or whatever it was when Barack said that shizzle...) I am thinking these and similar looking structures were already here well before we "settled" here. Those builders and previous inhabitants were either killed off or died in some catastrophic event. For all we are allowed to know, the "American" Indians built all this, and we only think we know what really happened to them. Regardless, they were "removed" from the lands probably so that their vast and ancient knowledge of all things spiritual, medicinal, and tribal could not interfere with or otherwise get in the way of the plans they had for us. Or maybe these structures were here when this place was Tartary and they built "it" all. The mansions the robber barons "built" on Millionaire Row in NYC (for which there are zero photos of while under construction and which were then "demolished" ten unfathomable years or so later) were probably here when we got here as well, but gutted and restored to look like homes instead of the churches or office buildings they were originally. As i assume none of us are or come from The Enlightened Ones, it is doubtful we will ever know the truth about what civilization or who the previous inhabitants of this country were, or even what actually caused their demise. We have no one to ask either. But it is unreasonable at this point, now that we are all here researching, learning from one another, speculating, and best of all critically and analytically THINKING, to believe the only people here when we arrived were savages in loin cloths and head dress who lived in teepees and used stone tools for killing when the civilizations of virtually every other country in The World had advanced far beyond that centuries before America was "discovered".

I wish I could "like" this more than once; I believe you REALLY hit the nail on the head with the entire line of thinking.