What is going on with Cappadocia?

Ice Nine

Well if a person likes the mud flood theory/train of thought, then these are the impressions of something that was protruding in it's original use.

Ice Nine

They weren't drilled, they were poked, it was not embossed, it was debossed.

BStankman

In Cappadocia we see two different colors in the rock.

Possibly soil soil liquefaction caused by an erupting volcano, and then covered with volcanic ash.
This processes needs saturated soil and vibration.

It helps to explain the sunken basements, without the kinetic energy of a flood that would destroy many buildings.

1539205909475.gif

Ice Nine

Hey BStankman, we are going to figure this out sooner or later. Brilliant video with the soil liquefaction. that explains a lot of things we see I have no doubt.
So that happens and then at a later date in time gets covered over by volcanic ash. Or it could have ended up being the sea floor for years and then came back up during another cataclysm.

Some places in Cappadocia there are layers as you noticed, look at the top of this picture, and the whole outer area is like this. In this case I believe it is all hardened ash, because it is tuff and that is what it is, no question or argument about that from anybody. But at sometimes this super thick tuff layer gets a rock layer deposited on it, or extreme pressure on the sea floor makes a hard crust, or some other wild guess.

Cap44.jpg

Cap9.jpg

please click on this below and notice the top layer in the background.

cappadocia1.jpg

then the majority of what we see there appears to be nothing but the carved out volcanic tuff, with no hard earth crust on top. I think at one time this could have been an entire underground city, with still much of it underground now, the famous underground city part, and what we are seeing is the remains of the underground city, it has just eroded to what we see now. So at one time instead of a 6 or 8 story underground city, it could have been a 40 story underground city. There are certainly enough myths and legends about people living underground through the ages.
so perhaps these are the honeycombs shells of a previously underground city. It's hard to explain what I think I'm seeing, Oh no kiddin' . At least I hope you enjoy the pictures.

cap3.jpg

Cap77.jpg

Cap9.jpg Cap67.jpg Cap91.jpg Cap77.jpg Cap89.jpg Cap90.jpg
Cap932.jpg Cap95.jpg Cap99.jpg

Last edited:
I think at one time this could have been an entire underground city, with still much of it underground now, the famous underground city part, and what we are seeing is the remains of the underground city, it has just eroded to what we see now. So at one time instead of a 6 or 8 story underground city, it could have been a 40 story underground city. There are certainly enough myths and legends about people living underground through the ages.
so perhaps these are the honeycombs shells of a previously underground city.
The thing that always irks me about all the underground cities is that I'd think that would be the worst place imaginable to be if there were a flood. I can't imagine living underground when the flood waters start pouring in through the door in your "roof." But I guess for all we know, they likely had some sort of drainage system to divert the incoming waters away. I'm sure the archaeologists don't allow common man to fully explore these underground cities to see if there is some sort of drainage system in place.

On one hand, they could have been escaping environmental factors on the outside that may have killed them, but then on the inside it seems to me that it would be an eventual death trap...

BStankman

Rock carving process currently underway here? Or treasure hunting?

That old saying a cave is your grave.
I have a hard time believing people would live underground by choice.
Just commuting to the field would be a chore.

People live by rivers or by bodies of water for a convenient source of food.
And brick is nothing more than dried out silt and clay. Building material for a home.

Here is a neat liquefaction video with a stick in the mud theme.

dreamtime

Yeah, no one builds cave cities into rock. That would be considered absurdity on many levels. What we see is the remains of profane, old cities, petrified.

It was always some kind of disaster, a combination of multiple possible factors: weapons, meteors, heat, earthquakes, rain, mud, liquefaction, etc.

Then afterwards sometimes people came in and dug things out when the stone wasn't stone yet, but only hard mud. That's the entire mystery.

BStankman

Yeah, no one builds cave cities into rock. That would be considered absurdity on many levels. What we see is the remains of profane, old cities, petrified.

It was always some kind of disaster, a combination of multiple possible factors: weapons, meteors, heat, earthquakes, rain, mud, liquefaction, etc.

Then afterwards sometimes people came in and dug things out when the stone wasn't stone yet, but only hard mud. That's the entire mystery.
Yes, weapons. A new perspective if a fasci is a weapon of sound vibration. Lictors and Roman Fasces Weapons: Grand Deception

Ice Nine

I can't believe at this point a flood was their great big fear. Something quite horrendous was happening to go to all of this work to live underground and for a long period of time. Maybe extreme radiation from the sun or from nuclear fallout.

Cappadocia is unique, as far as we know, that's what makes all of this so extremely frustrating, What on Earth was going on back then, whenever then was, which time was this. I finally figured out how to show what I was trying to get at. This is what I envision. Well maybe. ARGH! what ever was going on Turkey is so loaded with ancient ruins it's unbelievable.

If there wasn't the underground city part, I'd think what we see on the surface is a giant city buried in ash. And if it was an ancient city that people just happened upon and started digging, we are talking thousands and thousands of people. That's a lot of wandering nomadic goat herders. People must have known they had to get out of the Sun and off of the surface for a long period of time.

As above so below.

cappadocia above.jpg

cappadocia below.jpg

this is the city of Killistra, Turkey for instance and to me it looks like something entirely different happened to this place and yet they are in close proximity.
I have stuff to do! over and out!

Kilistra Ancient City

kilistra konya.jpeg

On an entirely different note I sure am enjoying brain storming with you guys. :D

Ice Nine

I'm glad all these structures have stood the test of time as we may need them again and I doubt anybody alive today knows how to build them.
Me too!

The answers are staring us in the face, but we just don't know how to interpret them yet, I'm still waiting for my lightbulb moment to happen, when what I'm seeing all over the earth starts to made sense to me.

Mud floods, soil liquefaction, petrification, ash fall, extreme pressure from being on the sea floor, some sites in the world looked blown to smithereens.
For my own personal satisfaction I'm starting a project to try and categorized different sites world wide. In other words I'm trying to separate the pieces of the numerous puzzles. A pattern will start to emerge I hope,

Casimir

As above so below.
I was just about to comment how this brings a whole new meaning to that old esoteric adage. This entire thread is so compelling. It really does seem like many/most of these structures have been revealed from the rock around it, not carved into/out of it.

I'm not 100% these structures were dug out to escape anything. What if the people that originally found or revealed them just happened upon them, and maybe the curious, powerful ruler of that time was interested and had a lot more of the structure dug out? I wonder if our ancients were merely curious about what happened to *their* ancients so when they find these structures they revealed more of and subsequently ended up using them out of pure human curiosity. If you were a simple cave man intelligence, seeing those angles and smooth edges in the ground would still pique curiosity- even more so if your overall intelligence was higher or more civilized than that of a cave man.

Could civilization as we know it be destroyed/reset by catastrophe (natural or artificial) way more often than science would have us know, and these giant stone and/or petrified cities we have in the ground are just going to be further below our layer of steel/plastic cities? If there's any credence to the bit of mainstream geology with tectonic plates, the mantel and crust of the earth, could subduction zones just be a way to recycle these layers of matter- albeit slowly even on a geological scale- indefinitely?

Is the cover-up simply the fact that we have no clue why we are here, and no clue what those before us were here, and those before them- not generation-wise, but civilization-as-we-know-it-wise? I mean, I'm sure there are mysterious, unknown, and hidden technologies/powers but I'm starting to feel like those facts or lackthereof and the inconsistencies we notice are only the tip of the iceberg. That being said, who would be these initiates that are covering things from us profane- that is if civilization as we know it is reset, what about these people in-the-know?

I wish I had more to offer than conjecture here, all of these photos and points on the thread have been great.

ISeenItFirst

Those star shaped holes would not likely have been for facade. They look like cogs of some kind which generally means one thing. Torque. Facades are worried about tension, not torque. To make a complete cog, rather than just a square, or a circle with a keyway, indicates that the torque in question would have been a lot, or the material was not very tough. Maybe some sort of spring loaded chain fall or pulley system used these. Not sure, nothing i can think of makes complete sense, only varying degrees of partial sense. Need to look at more pictures, I'm just going off of the close ups.

Ice Nine

Could civilization as we know it be destroyed/reset by catastrophe (natural or artificial) way more often than science would have us know, and these giant stone and/or petrified cities we have in the ground are just going to be further below our layer of steel/plastic cities? If there's any credence to the bit of mainstream geology with tectonic plates, the mantel and crust of the earth, could subduction zones just be a way to recycle these layers of matter- albeit slowly even on a geological scale- indefinitely?

Is the cover-up simply the fact that we have no clue why we are here, and no clue what those before us were here, and those before them- not generation-wise, but civilization-as-we-know-it-wise? I mean, I'm sure there are mysterious, unknown, and hidden technologies/powers but I'm starting to feel like those facts or lackthereof and the inconsistencies we notice are only the tip of the iceberg. That being said, who would be these initiates that are covering things from us profane- that is if civilization as we know it is reset, what about these people in-the-know?

I wish I had more to offer than conjecture here, all of these photos and points on the thread have been great.
Actually I think you have a decent handle on things, because I'm not positive things have been done to us per say, it could all be natural and over millions of years. Yes, I think we are only at the tip of the iceberg.
Getting into the mud flood stuff has sent my mind off in many different directions, also ancient mining is a real eye opener and I feel we have had numerous earth shattering events over millions of years.

I have different thoughts about other pyroclastic flow looking areas and petrified cities, so I better not get off topic. Every site is unique to itself and yet so similar in many respects. I like the places where out in the middle of nowhere there is a rock the size of a large building and then you notice the outline of an old carvings. Midas City below

Midas City

5e73a3c7525d28e4331ac8383cbdc55f.jpg

frigyolu-12.JPG

BStankman

I was just about to comment how this brings a whole new meaning to that old esoteric adage. This entire thread is so compelling. It really does seem like many/most of these structures have been revealed from the rock around it, not carved into/out of it.

I'm not 100% these structures were dug out to escape anything. What if the people that originally found or revealed them just happened upon them, and maybe the curious, powerful ruler of that time was interested and had a lot more of the structure dug out? I wonder if our ancients were merely curious about what happened to *their* ancients so when they find these structures they revealed more of and subsequently ended up using them out of pure human curiosity. If you were a simple cave man intelligence, seeing those angles and smooth edges in the ground would still pique curiosity- even more so if your overall intelligence was higher or more civilized than that of a cave man.

Yes, explore this site and you will see evidence that most of your conjecture is true.

Here is another artist representation of the underground.
Torches and cooking are going to kill your canary.
And where does your waste go if you need to get your water from below?
undergroundcity_life.jpg

Some interesting media and you can read the deception here.
Massive Underground City Found in Cappadocia Region of Turkey

2_460973824cappadocia.adapt.1900.1.jpg

WATCH: A laser scan-generated video explores a series of interconnected corridors and rooms in the underground city. Video courtesy Nevsehir Municipality - NGS Video player

Last edited:

Ice Nine

Looks like a side view of an Ant Farm, that just hit me.
Great video too. And the enormity of these underground cities, is beyond belief, only there they are. How many more are they going to find.

ARGH, my poor mind can't take much more.

"carved from pliable volcanic ash rock called tuff" I always come back to that . It like which came first, the chicken or the egg.

Did they carve all of it out fresh or did they excavate it.

I've been researching this kind of stuff for years, just for my own benefit, so never have kept very good track of sources. But I will going forward, I've run across several old writings from European travelers mostly, to ancient sites. And there have been comments about sites being excavated, not carved, but excavated. One I do remember specifically is the Kailasa Temple being referred to as the excavated Temple. so unless excavated meant something else in the 1700s it certainly helps my theory out a lot. but it's any entirely different kettle of fish than Cappadocia. Just wanted to throw our excavated versus carved. Kailasa Temple needs it's own thread. but not now, I'm too busy.

Cappadocia ~ Antediluvian Ant Farm