What is the true meaning of the Hidden Hand gesture?

KorbenDallas

Negotiator
Below is the traditional explanation of the so-called "masonic" gesture "hand-inside-vest".

The hand-in-waistcoat, or hidden hand is a gesture commonly found in portraiture during the 18th and 19th centuries. The pose appeared by the 1750s to indicate leadership in a calm and firm manner. The pose is most often associated with Napoleon I of France due to its use in several portraits made by his artist, Jacques-Louis David, amongst them the 1812 painting Napoleon in His Study. The pose, thought of as being stately, was copied by other portrait painters across Europe and America. Most paintings and photographs show the right hand inserted into the waistcoat/jacket but some sitters appear with the left hand inserted. The pose was also often seen in mid-nineteenth century photography.

Napoleon in His Study
The_Emperor_Napoleon_in_His_Study_at_the_Tuileries.jpg

The pose traces back to classical times Aeschines, founder of a rhetoric school, suggested that speaking with an arm outside one's toga was bad manners. Arline Meyer, in her essay "Re-Dressing Classical Statuary: The Eighteenth-Century 'Hand-in-Waistcoat' Portrait," notes the pose being used in eighteenth century British portraiture as a sign of the sitter's breeding. Francois Nivelon's A Book Of Genteel Behavior of 1738 noted the hand-inside-vest pose denoted "manly boldness tempered with modesty." - Wiki

There you have it, your traditional explanation. For me, personally, it signifies people "IN THE KNOW".
Feel free to add your own participants of the "Hidden Hand" club. I will add Mr. Stalin.

Stalin-hidden-hand.jpg

Question: What's your opinion on the gesture? Are there any sources Wikipedia chooses not to mention?

Now that you say it I've seen that pose a lot especially in movies where the ancients are speaking in a forum and usually they all have their hands in their toga (I knew about the masonic connection as well). This apparently depicts a 'Roman Classroom' and teaching going on. Seems like something more important is going on in this picture. As well as the nature of it actually being roman? Well that seems a bit far fetched with all the other evidence we have gathered.

(Notice the hand in toga on the 'teacher')
3619221a13d90362a3e56262cdc85ee4.png

Reverse image searching leads everything to the roman classroom, but again no sources to where this picture even came from. So how the hell do we know its a roman classroom? I cant source it anywhere! Its like everyone looked at each others website and just said 'well they said it so'​

Last edited:

humanoidlord

it's some sort of sign indicating you have power, thats why all leaders use it

OP
OP
KorbenDallas

KorbenDallas

Negotiator
LOL, this Prince Harry body language expert needs to get fired. Funny how people just make stuff up for a living. This sure adds a lot of credibility to his/her book.
According to body language expert and How to Detect Lies, Fraud and Identity Theft? author Traci Brown, the hand movement could suggest that Harry is uncomfortable in certain situations, and is likely to be subconscious. Chatting to HELLO!, Traci said: "This is a habit that we see from Harry frequently that has it's roots in protecting himself - puting a barrier between him and the photographers.Your solar plexus is a very sensitive area. He can still look royal while doing this move and give himself a little extra comfort at the same time. This is deeply unconscious and it's unlikely he'd admit to exactly why he's doing it!"
Real uncomfortable.

55BC7DC0-4B7F-4042-AF6A-2D235A7C8937.jpeg

A Wake Up

LOL, this Prince Harry body language expert needs to get fired. Funny how people just make stuff up for a living. This sure adds a lot of credibility to his/her book.

Real uncomfortable.

I can see the hidden hand being construed as a comfort or whatever thing but hidden hand + horned hands is a bit much. When would you ever do that naturally with your hands?

whitewave

Moz21.jpg
Wolfgang Mozart

will_smith.jpg
Will Smith

paul_mccartney.jpg
Paul McCartney​

John Wilkes Booth.jpg
John Wilkes Booth

powell.jpg
Colin Powell​

Pope Francis.jpg
Pope Francis

ryanhiddenhand.jpg
Paul Ryan

lenin.gif
Lenin

trotsy.gif
Trotsky

Kim.jpg
Kim Un

marx.gif
Karl Marx

Nietzche.jpg
Nietzche

tom_cruz.jpg
Ted Cruz

de niro.jpg
Robert Deniro

obama.jpg
Obama

Charles Darwin.gif
Charles Darwin​

The hidden hand sign is used in York Rite Masonry’s 7th degree, the Royal Arch Degree. The Grand Master of the Second Veil, or Junior Overseer is one of nine officials necessary to form a Royal Arch Chapter. During the Royal Arch initiation ceremony, he is responsible for teaching new initiatives the meaning of the hidden hand sign:

Master of Second Veil: Three Most Excellent Masters you Must have been, or thus far you could not have come; but farther you cannot go without my words, sign, and word of exhortation. My words are Shem, Japhet, and Adoniram; my sign is this: (thrusting his hand in his bosom); it is in imitation of one given by God to Moses, when He commanded him to thrust his hand into his bosom, and, taking it out, it became as leprous as snow. My word of exhortation is explanatory of this sign, and is found in the writings of Moses, viz., fourth chapter of Exodus.”​

Dirigible

I have never one time, in all my life, put my hand in my jacket to pose for a picture.... The only time the hand goes into the jacket (and much higher than the gut), is to retieve some object from the interior pocket.

This means something to those in the know, or these people like to be photographed looking like imbeciles.

dreamtime

I doubt much is being known about the meaning of lots of these signs, except that there are multiple "veils" to pass for an initiate and the initiate is signaling his level to the other initiates, and each level represents a certain level of knowledge. Practical knowledge that is. An initiation means to leave the world of the common lowlife man, and be initiated into the 'truth'. It is accompanied by a ritualistic death. There is no going back afterwards. The truth can be something like "We have been here since the beginning, and we manage the game, you have been chosen to be a part of the inner circle", then at a later stage "The earth is only x years old, and was created by a group of entities we are in contact with", and so on. There are certain rituals connected with this and symbols, etc., to make it appear more epic and complex but it's basically just a profane organization with hierarchies based on a need-to-know principle.

I think these initiates are getting what those secret groups deem as the truth about our terrarium, and the higher you go up the more unfiltered it gets.

pushamaku

That's fine and all, but what gives these psychopaths the right to herd us like dumb cattle, with most so stressed with the daily grind that they do not even have the luxury to ponder their true history while others get lost in the illusion, spoon-fed by the mass media circus. Are they even human?

OP
OP
KorbenDallas

KorbenDallas

Negotiator
May be the only ignorance of the masses? And... just like you said, people have families to take care of, and bills to pay.

pushamaku

To get back on point, we shouldn't really care what the meaning is as they're simply trolling us.

whitewave

There's a ton of these hidden hand pictures by various world leaders, politicians (past and present), sports icons, hollyweird personalities, and entertainers. Seems like everything we've been told/taught is a carefully controlled narrative to keep the herd moving in a certain direction. What I find disturbing is that you only manage herds until it's time for slaughtering them. Cattle are a lot of trouble to maintain and expensive to keep and you really only need so many of them.

anotherlayer

is it just me or is this dude giving us the sign?

Screen Shot 2018-08-03 at 1.44.44 PM.png

Philadelphia, November 1839. "Robert Cornelius. The first light-picture ever taken."

humanoidlord

There's a ton of these hidden hand pictures by various world leaders, politicians (past and present), sports icons, hollyweird personalities, and entertainers. Seems like everything we've been told/taught is a carefully controlled narrative to keep the herd moving in a certain direction. What I find disturbing is that you only manage herds until it's time for slaughtering them. Cattle are a lot of trouble to maintain and expensive to keep and you really only need so many of them.
pretty much, its meaning is that you have power and that you should obey

BStankman

Not exactly sure the esoteric. Right hand man of (something)? Number 2.

And if your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away. For it is better that you lose one of your members than that your whole body go into hell.

Sacrificed their soul for the material world? Hiding the blood on their hands?
Pretty sure all these people of guilty of some very bad sins and know it.

I don't think these people know either.
They are signalling they are members of the club and better than you dirty unwashed masses.
Done some very bad deeds, but their masters have given them fame and money to impress the ladies.

Ironically Lenin called these people useful idiots.
Reoccurring theme here is they die penniless or are executed. And the master remains hidden.

Last edited: