KorbenDallas

1858 View from the Chicago Court House Cupola - West

This stretch of LaSalle Street, with Washington Street on the left, offers more evidence of the striking contrasts in land use (and non-use) right next to the Court House at this time. In the foreground, an alley separates a modest undertaking establishment and an undeveloped lot. The large building in the upper right is the Lind Block, the only finished South Division building in the path of the fire that would escape destruction. Large boats are visible on the South Branch of the Chicago River.
There are no comments to display.
Top