He says the Eye of Africa is the lost city of Atlantis

esgee1

I wonder what that's all about? I wish I had seen the YouTuber Pangaea Republic's video, so I can better understand the situation and see what the thumbnail was. Guess I can't now.

It's petty of Bright Insight to copyright strike a YouTuber over a thumbnail because they disagree with his hypothesis, if that was the case. By chance, did you get to see Pangaea Republic's debunking video?

(The video I had linked to in a previous comment, is still up on YouTube.)

PrincepAugus

Oof really? And the video above has been massively disliked too. Also he's part of our community too. I do trust Jimmy, I hope it's some troll and not really him.

OP
OP
KorbenDallas

KorbenDallas

Negotiator
By chance, did you get to see Pangaea Republic's debunking video?
Nope I did not. It just popped up in my feed, and I figured was worth sharing.

As far as Atlantis goes. It was never something which was of particular interest to me.

I do not think it was a stand alone city, unless it was a settlement from outside of the known geography. In any other case I could only picture it as a part of Earth covering civilization.

In my opinion that Eye of Africa formation was not even there 400 years ago. There could have been a city or two in the area prior to everything getting evaporated and turned into sand.

One of the most interesting things in Jimmy’s research, at least for me, would be those Atlas mountains. Definitely makes you think of a possible connection. This specific part eould require a very thorough research.

And the part which, for me definitely rules out Atlantis where Jimmy wants to place it... there is no US Military Base built on top of it.

PrincepAugus

Nope I did not. It just popped up in my feed, and I figured was worth sharing.

As far as Atlantis goes. It was never something which was of particular interest to me.

I do not think it was a stand alone city, unless it was a settlement from outside of the known geography. In any other case I could only picture it as a part of Earth covering civilization.

In my opinion that Eye of Africa formation was not even there 400 years ago. There could have been a city or two in the area prior to everything getting evaporated and turned into sand.

One of the most interesting things in Jimmy’s research, at least for me, would be those Atlas mountains. Definitely makes you think of a possible connection. This specific part eould require a very thorough research.

And the part which, for me definitely rules out Atlantis where Jimmy wants to place it... there is no US Military Base built on top of it.
Yeah, no millions of years. Though I still do think Atlantis was there. Well it's capital as presented. It was a worldwide civilization as was always told.

Last edited:

dreamtime

We really need the the knowledge about the maps and recent history to permeate the alternative history community. One can look at the maps and quickly realize that this thing wasn't there a couple of hundreds years ago. Case closed.

The problem is, it is way too far out for most people, so it's very difficult to talk about it.

Basically the only big channel that propagates the new history view is NewEarth I think. But she doesn't focus much on the maps either.

I hope that an alternative framework will slowly emerge. It's as hard to swallow for the alternative community as for followers of convential history, because it makes all of those myths like Atlantis secondary. But it's the only way for us to reconnect with our recent past. This forum is a good first step, and hopefully more researchers will emerge to bring all of this to a wider audience. I am not talking about convincing the masses, but creating a community that is big enough to bring to light the important parts of our buried history. There really is the opportunity to create an entirely new understanding of ourselves. If it isn't exciting that Africa was entirely swallowed only 400 years ago, I don't know what is.

OP
OP
KorbenDallas

KorbenDallas

Negotiator
Totally agree @dreamtime. Wish we could get more people on board as far as map, and recent history investigation goes. We are with such ease accepting possibility of something happening 11,000 years ago while totally ignoring available information pertaining to our very recent history.

I would assume this African Atlantis would, somewhat, be visible on the fairly recent maps of Africa.

Ortelius' Theatrum was perhaps the single most influential set of maps published in the 16th Century. First issued in 1570 and expanded over the next forty two years to this final Vrients edition of Ortelius' masterwork, the Theatrum revolutionized the presentation of maps to an increasingly educated classes of Renaissance Europe and became the standard from which most cartographic works of the period were copied.

Prioris Hemisphaerii, totiusque Geographici huius operis, metrica dedicatio...
Magnificent manuscript map of the world included in the work of Christian Sgrooten "Orbis terrestris tam geographica quam chorographica descriptio". This atlas was commissioned by King Philip II, who is dedicated to Calcar in 1588, and was completed in 1592
Relief by profile mountains. Hydrography. Represented the cities according to their importance. Manuscript on illuminated paper in bright colors: green, brown, sepia and blue; the meridian of origin, the equator and the tropics in red. The edge of the map in black. On both sides of the sphere 2 large cartouches, with the explanation, profusely decorated with plant, animal and architectural motifs.

Africae nova descriptio
This is Willem Blaeu's first world atlas, without text on the versos of the maps. Koeman identifies 5 copies. Most of these copies have 60 maps - our copy has an additional 7 maps. The collation of all the copies identified varies considerably. Our copy does not include a map or maps of France which may indicate that it is a very early example. 37 of the maps have been printed from plates acquired from Jodocus Hondius II, substituting Willem Blaeu's name as maker. All of the plates are very strong impressions, indicating early states of all the maps. A second edition of the Appendix was published in 1631 in two states, one with 98 maps and the other with 99 maps arranged in different order (Koeman). Uncolored.
africa_richat_fulli.jpg

Africae nova descriptio

Afrique
Copper engraved double page map, hand colored in outline, with decorative cartouche, engraved by A Peyrounin. Showing political divisions, major cities, towns, villages, rivers, mountains, drainage, etc. Relief shown pictorially.
africa_richat_fulli_2.jpg

Afrique

********​
KD: I think this Richat stracture somewhat corresponds with the location of that "Fulli Populi Azahad Puteus" area. The actual town/city name was FULLI I think. Whatever was located there will be virtually impossible to get any info on. The entire North African area got wiped out by something.

There are tons of maps for investigation of this area.

And... they are really pushing for it...

esgee1

New video out from Ancient Architects about Atlantis being in Southern Spain. They talk about advanced construction methods and man made concrete in the location. And that the area matches Plato's description.

Apparently there will be a documentary coming out about it? So maybe it's just hype for that. The video is eight minutes long.

A team of historians claim that they have discovered the location of the lost city of Atlantis, this time in southern Spain.

The ancient ruins including a huge harbour wall have been known to archaeologists for some time and they say that they were built by the ancient Romans and Greeks. But private satellite imaging firm Merlin Burrows claim to have found evidence that the site is in fact the location of a lost ancient civilisation, and specifically Atlantis.