Engraved plan of Rome, engraved by N. Beatrizet for Antonio Lafreri in Rome. Author's initials in lower left corner: NB. The map depicts hills, the major monuments and shows the walls and fortifications constructed in Rome in 1556 and 1557, under the direction of Camillo Orsini during the reign of Pope Paul IV. The walls were built to improve Rome's defenses against attack from the south by the Spanish Forces who had crossed into the Southern part of the Papal State and were then threatening Rome from the South. Scholars have come to calling this map the "Pianta Della Guerra di Napoli", (Plan for the War of Naples). The map includes a dedication to Pope Paul IV (1476-1559). Relief shown pictorially and by shading.