• No

Votes: 10 76.9%

• Total voters
OP
OP
KorbenDallas

KorbenDallas

Negotiator
These “inventions” are presented as facts. Unfortunately, once you start looking for photos, you end up with almost nothing.

Why would they publish sketches instead of photographs? Family photography is all over the place, yet photo imagery of this amazing machinery is missing, for the most part.

PrincepAugus

Economics is such a joke. This Keynesian B.S. anyways.
Which is why I'm an Ancap lol.
These “inventions” are presented as facts. Unfortunately, once you start looking for photos, you end up with almost nothing.

Why would they publish sketches instead of photographs? Family photography is all over the place, yet photo imagery of this amazing machinery is missing, for the most part.
Cause they "supposingly" don't have the photographs.

Verity

KD: Opinions? Is that normal?"
I wonder if those who copied the original images were the same behind the development of modern patents/modern law.
Looked up history of patent law and the Venetian patent statute on wiki [always with the Venetians]:

"The Venetian Patent Statute of March 19, 1474, established in the Republic of Venice the first statutory patent system in Europe, and may be deemed to be the earliest codified patent system in the world. The Statute is written in old Venetian dialect. It provided that patents might be granted for "any new and ingenious device, not previously made", provided it was useful. By and large, these principles still remain the basic principles of patent law.

"The English patent system evolved from its early medieval origins into the first modern patent system that recognised intellectual property in order to stimulate invention; this was the crucial legal foundation upon which the Industrial Revolution could emerge and flourish."

Painting with fully broad strokes here.

whitewave

The patent office is not your friend. If the gubmit decides your invention is a threat to national security or the economy, it get a secrecy order slapped on it. They'll let you patent a better mouse trap but if it's truly revolutionary, it gets confiscated.
Government Secrecy Orders on Patents Have Stifled More Than 5,000 Inventions
U.S. Government Institutions, Total Utility Patents, 1969 - 2008
If I was smart enough to come up with something truly revolutionary (teleportation, time travel, etc), I wouldn't bother trying to patent it and make a gazillion dollars; I'd put it out open source and let the chips fall where they may.

The patent laws were changed in 1951 in favor of the government so they may have found a huge cache of tech at that time. Wonder what the archaeologists were digging up then?

OP
OP
KorbenDallas

KorbenDallas

Negotiator
Patents in the US. Lol. Two major fires, one in 1836 and the other one in 1877. Conveniently over 80,000 models got totally destroyed. 600,000 plus, supposedly, copies vanished but no patents lost.

What a crock of doodoo. Nice op to replace originals with whatever they wanted to replace the existing tech with.

Ice Nine

I have been in denial my whole life. It started in 1967 flying with Air America sitting on a burlap bag that contained bricks of black tar opium . When did your denial start?
November 23,1963 when the magic bullet (that blew off the back of JFK's head and then proceeded into Governor Connally's chest, went through his wrist, and embedded itself in the Governor's thigh ) was found later on the gurney that Connolly was on.