Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Yup

Votes: 24 82.8%
  • Undecided

Votes: 4 13.8%

• Total voters

KorbenDallas

Negotiator
I was randomly asking people to name one invention or discovery astronauts made in space. So far nobody was able to name any :)

Sure googling would produce five pretty worthless and pointless ones, but in reality people do not seem to know :ROFLMAO:

Here they are:
  • The fragility of the human body - worthless on Earth
  • Interplanetary contamination - worthless on Earth
  • Growing crystals for medicine - cancer is still deadly. Ask Joe Biden.
  • Cosmic rays and dark matter - when was the last time you used the dark matter?
  • Efficient combustion - worthless on Earth
Stole from here: International Space Station saga: musical oranges or didgeridoo that gorilla

Fun fact: NASA's total inflation-adjusted costs have been more than $900 billion since its creation in 1958 through 2014.

Anniversary Shows Us that NASA and Space Exploration are Worth Their Costs

Last edited:

dreamtime

At Minute 1 in the video I just posted about the glovebox they said that their experiments need to be enclosed because the particles, fumes or liquids could escape

"where they might make the astronauts sick or damage the station's sensitive computers and electrical systems".

iss1.png

Did you hear that, Chris Hadfield?

iss2.png

Ok, nevermind
I was randomly asking people to name one invention or discovery astronauts made in space. So far nobody was able to name any :)
I never in my life heard the sentence "NASA produced some groundbreaking research that will help us with ___"

I would already be content if they could coherently explain what they learned pertaining to their own missions.

Last edited:

dreamtime

Everyone probably knows those, but I just list some of the better videos showing how fake NASA is:

Baby foods are more healthful because of astronaut food research.

Lol, ok, but I'd wager it's less "healthful".

Nestlé under fire for marketing claims on baby milk formulas
Every Parent Should Know The Scandalous History Of Infant Formula
Classic parenting mistake: It's only more healthful if you eat it in space. Somewhere in the fine print it probably says "only healthy when not subject to gravity"

Last edited:

Ice Nine

The Astronuts aren't the best actors in the world and also which is it, toothpaste, swallow or spit! let water float around, never let water float around.

Honestly, experiments! you've gotta be kidding. the only experiment happening is seeing how many billions of $$ can be spent with nobody caring about it.

LordAverage

I guess one would argue for a simple landing you don't need a more expensive sustained controlled burst or something but that seems a bit silly compared to every other craft i've seen.