"The Brotherhood of the Rosy Cross - A History of the Rosicrucians" is Arthur Edward Waite's study of the elusive Rosicrucians, a secret society which the first appeared to the public in Germany in the early 17th century.
- Arthur Edward Waite (1857 - 1942), more commonly referred to as A. E. Waite, was an American-born British mystic and poet.
- He wrote profusely on the subject of the occult and esoteric matters, and is famous for being the co-creator of the Rider-Waite Tarot deck.
- His work arguably constitutes the first attempt to systematically studying the history of western occultism, which he viewed more of a spiritual tradition than proto-science or pseudo-religion, as was the more common conception.
- Contents include: "Mythical Rosicrucian Precursors", "Militia Crucifera Evangelica", "Alchemists And Mystics Symbolism", "Of The Rose And Cross", "Fama Fraternitatis R C", "Confessio Fraternitatis R C", "The Chemical Nuptials", "Authorship Of The Chemical Nuptials", "Development Of Rosicrucian Literature", etc.
- Other works by this author include: "The Alchemical Writings of Edward Kelly" (1893), "Turba Philsophorum" (1894), and "Devil-Worship in France" (1896).